Would Trump become more palatable a choice if he openly stated "we will not allow our allies to fight without support from NATO/America

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The one policy of Trumps that I think is poorly presented his NATO and/or Americas global influence. Now, I happen to believe that much of this was his hard negotiating style. In the pinch, he would assure America is there. However, with the changes to the world, Trump needs to be more flexible while keeping those same demands of other nations.

Nations like Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel need Americas support. Trump doesn't need to invade Iran or Russia, but he should be clear that, yes, NATO members must pay their fair share. If they do though, America should be there and then some.

We need more America. His domestic policies will ensure that Americans global policies carry more weight and are met with more positive acceptance.

The Free World of citizens WANTS a strong, sovereign and successful America. Trump needs to at least let the world know, "we won't turn our backs on you, we will pull the rope WITH you (but not alone).

It's the wrong question. Everybody has been waiting for months (years?) to hear from Trump on whether he's going to be pro-war or anti-war?

His supporters aren't pushing him so far.

The alignment of the right in America leans antiwar and the left leans prowar.

So far at least.

The one policy of Trumps that I think is poorly presented his NATO and/or Americas global influence. Now, I happen to believe that much of this was his hard negotiating style. In the pinch, he would assure America is there. However, with the changes to the world, Trump needs to be more flexible while keeping those same demands of other nations.

Nations like Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel need Americas support. Trump doesn't need to invade Iran or Russia, but he should be clear that, yes, NATO members must pay their fair share. If they do though, America should be there and then some.

We need more America. His domestic policies will ensure that Americans global policies carry more weight and are met with more positive acceptance.

The Free World of citizens WANTS a strong, sovereign and successful America. Trump needs to at least let the world know, "we won't turn our backs on you, we will pull the rope WITH you (but not alone).
I'm not sure I follow your title. Could you rephrase it? As to the body of your post, it seems that Trump did exactly what you suggest. He wouldn't have insisted that other NATO members pay their fair share if he wanted the US to pull out. He threatened "fire and fury" if NK attacked its neighbors, while at the same time maintaining friendly relations. China and Russia didn't step out of line when he was President, and Iran was reduced to a shivering hulk. How about the Abraham Accords and destroying ISIS?

It is easy to lose focus on his accomplishments under the constant barrage of malignant of propaganda from his unhinged detractors (see #2 above). History will prove him to have been one of our greatest Presidents and his opponents to have been shameless miscreants.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I follow your title. Could you rephrase it? As to the body of your post, it seems that Trump did exactly what you suggest. He wouldn't have insisted that other NATO members pay their fair share if he wanted the US to pull out. He threatened "fire and fury" if NK attacked its neighbors, while at the same time maintaining friendly relations. China and Russia didn't step out of line when he was President, and Iran was reduced to a shivering hulk. How about ISIS?

It is easy to lose focus on his accomplishments under the constant barrage of malignant of propaganda from his unhinged detractors (see #2 above). History will prove him to have been one of our greatest Presidents and his opponents to have been shameless miscreants.
History is going to prove he was a hollow blowhard who led the country to a dark place that we will hopefully recover from eventually.

The only thing people believe about Trump is that he will lie

not unless he was very clear about who he thinks our allies are. i'm fairly sure canada is not among them.

anyone that would commit us to a war without know what that war was about or who it was against is not a person that should be POTUS

The only thing people believe about Trump is that he will lie
I believe that he was President at a time when there was peace and prosperity. And his policies created it. Bigly.

And now that Sponge Brains Shits Pants is in power, there is nothing but a downward spiral. Everywhere. Everything. War, collapsing economy, runaway inflation, the only jobs being filled are goobermint and burger-flipper jobs, people hate each other more than ever, immigration is out of control, Citizens in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts are being asked to take in illegals, CitiGroup is laying off tens of thousands of people......

That might be hard to see from a basement, however. Especially when you never come out of it

Then there's the other side of the coin... Joey Xi Bai Dung... While Trump shows the strong side of America in foreign policy, Joey Xi has become the tool for China and Iran when he folds each time they rattle their sabers.

I believe that he was President at a time when there was peace and prosperity. And his policies created it. Bigly.

And now that Sponge Brains Shits Pants is in power, there is nothing but a downward spiral. Everywhere. Everything. War, collapsing economy, runaway inflation, the only jobs being filled are goobermint and burger-flipper jobs, people hate each other more than ever, immigration is out of control, Citizens in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts are being asked to take in illegals, CitiGroup is laying off tens of thousands of people......

That might be hard to see from a basement, however. Especially when you never come out of it
Cw1yyrSXAAAHO0o.jpg

Your OP makes no sense.

It's the wrong question. Everybody has been waiting for months (years?) to hear from Trump on whether he's going to be pro-war or anti-war?

His supporters aren't pushing him so far.

The alignment of the right in America leans antiwar and the left leans prowar.

So far at least.
Liberal, not left.

History is going to prove he was a hollow blowhard who led the country to a dark place that we will hopefully recover from eventually.
Biden's a sharttastic mess alright, but more of a demented mumbler than blowhard.

uhh WHY would he do that considering NATO is an evil organization that starts wars with other counties all the time? think.:uhoh3:

:yes_text12: you nailed it.:2up:

NATO is a land grabbing expansionist entity that has become a money laundry with a license to carry. Let them live on their own donations and not American tax payer money.

Forum List

Back