Trump Mugshot Copyright Infringement

It's a public record. I looked at it quickly, GA has a law that a subject of a mugshot can prevent, under certain circumstance, commercial outfits from using the mugshot. I don't see how that law can be used to prevent Trump from commercializing his own mugshot.
I posted the OP. I am not responsible for the quoted content.
Now as for how many people used a similar photo to sell the image, I read there are at least 6 people who may be in violation.
All in all, it sure as hell triggered the devotees of dear leader.

"Various legal experts have noted, Trump’s sale of that mug shot, taken by the Fulton County sheriff, may violate U.S. copyright laws. This could mean that theoretically, the millions he is making off that photo may rightfully belong to the Fulton County sheriff — an entity that just happens to be in desperate need of funds to address the horrific conditions in the Fulton County Jail," he wrote.
Bolstering his case he added, "Betsy Rosenblatt, a professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law, recently explained to Spectrum News 1 Ohio that the copyright owner of Trump’s mug shot is likely the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office."

Now that is something to ponder. Does the Fulton Sheriff own the rights to Trump's mugshot? Some say so.
Now wouldn't that be something?

Why are these "various legal experts" never named? Anyone could claim to be a "legal expert," even if they never went to a day of law school.

A mugshot is in the public domain. Allowing the Sheriff's Department to profit in the millions would incentivize them to arrest other celebrities.

I posted the OP. I am not responsible for the quoted content.
Now as for how many people used a similar photo to sell the image, I read there are at least 6 people who may be in violation.
All in all, it sure as hell triggered the devotees of dear leader.
Only one triggered in this thread is you because Trump is raising millions off the mugshot.

Forum List

Back