Trump may have been worse towards women than Bill ever was

R

rdean

Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump
Behaved With Women in Private

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?_r=0

“You like your candy,” he told an overweight female executive who oversaw the construction of his headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.

Temple Taggart, the 21-year-old Miss Utah, was startled by how forward he was with young contestants like her in 1997, his first year as the owner of Miss USA, a branch of the beauty pageant organization. As she recalls it, he introduced himself in an unusually intimate manner.

He kissed me directly on the lips. I thought, “Oh my God, gross.” He was married to Marla Maples at the time. I think there were a few other girls that he kissed on the mouth. I was like “Wow, that’s inappropriate.”

Donald Trump looked at Miss Alabama.

“Come here,” he said.

She took one more step forward.

“Tell me, who’s the most beautiful woman here?”

Miss Alabama’s eyes swam around.

“Besides me?” she said. “Uh, I like Arkansas. She’s sweet.”

“I don’t care if she’s sweet,” Donald Trump said. “Is she hot?” …

It became clear that the point of the whole exercise was for him to divide the room between girls he personally found attractive and those he did not. Many of the girls found the exercise humiliating. Some of the girls were sobbing backstage after he left, devastated to have failed even before the competition really began to impress “The Donald.”

“ ‘Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?’ ” Ms. Lee recalled him saying. ‘I was like, ‘Really?’ That’s just weird. She was 16. That’s creepy.”

He liked to brag about his sexual prowess and his desirability as a date, no matter who was around.

He was dismissive. It was always, “Hon,” “Dear.” Things he wouldn’t have said to a man. It was designed to make you feel small. And he did that repeatedly.

–Alair A. Townsend, former deputy mayor

It was an unthinking habit when he interacted with women, colleagues said. “At Trump Tower,” said Ms. Res, his longtime colleague, “he called me Honey Bunch.”
-----------------
Donald Trump stared at me throughout that meeting. He stared at me even while George was giving his presentation. … In the middle of it he says to George, “Are you sleeping with her?” Meaning me.

Mr. Houraney said in a recent interview that he was shocked by Mr. Trump’s response after he made clear that he and Ms. Harth were monogamous.

“He said: ‘Well, there’s always a first time. I am going after her,’ ” Mr. Houraney recalled, adding: “I thought the man was joking. I laughed. He said, ‘I am serious.’ ”

By the time the three of them were having dinner at the Oak Room of the Plaza Hotel the next night, Mr. Trump’s advances had turned physical, Ms. Harth said in the deposition.

“Basically he name-dropped throughout that dinner, when he wasn’t groping me under the table,” she testified. “Let me just say, this was a very traumatic thing working for him.”

Ms. Harth withdrew her own lawsuit against Mr. Trump alleging unwanted advances, but she has stood by her original claims.
---------------------------------
After Alicia Machado won the 1996 Miss Universe title, something very human happened: She gained weight. Mr. Trump did not keep his critique of her changing body quiet — he publicly shamed her, she said.

Mr. Trump said he had pushed her to lose weight. “To that, I will plead guilty,” he said, expressing no regret for his tactics.

But the humiliation, Ms. Machado said, was unbearable. “After that episode, I was sick, anorexia and bulimia for five years,” she said. “Over the past 20 years, I’ve gone to a lot of psychologists to combat this.”

------------------------------------------------

Wow. What a pig. Groping a woman while her boyfriend sat at the same table.

Kissing young girls on the lips he just met.

Getting excited about his own daughter.

And we haven't even entered the General Election. What will be coming next? He's so crude, we already knew something was coming.

Creepy-Joe-Biden-Groping-Stephanie-Carter.jpg

“You like your candy,” he told an overweight female executive who oversaw the construction of his headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.

Temple Taggart, the 21-year-old Miss Utah, was startled by how forward he was with young contestants like her in 1997, his first year as the owner of Miss USA, a branch of the beauty pageant organization. As she recalls it, he introduced himself in an unusually intimate manner.

He kissed me directly on the lips. I thought, “Oh my God, gross.” He was married to Marla Maples at the time. I think there were a few other girls that he kissed on the mouth. I was like “Wow, that’s inappropriate.”

“Come here,” he said.

It became clear that the point of the whole exercise was for him to divide the room between girls he personally found attractive and those he did not. Many of the girls found the exercise humiliating. Some of the girls were sobbing backstage after he left, devastated to have failed even before the competition really began to impress “The Donald.”

“ ‘Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?’ ” Ms. Lee recalled him saying. ‘I was like, ‘Really?’ That’s just weird. She was 16. That’s creepy.”

He liked to brag about his sexual prowess and his desirability as a date, no matter who was around.

He was dismissive. It was always, “Hon,” “Dear.” Things he wouldn’t have said to a man. It was designed to make you feel small. And he did that repeatedly.

It was an unthinking habit when he interacted with women, colleagues said. “At Trump Tower,” said Ms. Res, his longtime colleague, “he called me Honey Bunch.”
-----------------
Donald Trump stared at me throughout that meeting. He stared at me even while George was giving his presentation. … In the middle of it he says to George, “Are you sleeping with her?” Meaning me.

Mr. Houraney said in a recent interview that he was shocked by Mr. Trump’s response after he made clear that he and Ms. Harth were monogamous.

“He said: ‘Well, there’s always a first time. I am going after her,’ ” Mr. Houraney recalled, adding: “I thought the man was joking. I laughed. He said, ‘I am serious.’ ”

By the time the three of them were having dinner at the Oak Room of the Plaza Hotel the next night, Mr. Trump’s advances had turned physical, Ms. Harth said in the deposition.

“Basically he name-dropped throughout that dinner, when he wasn’t groping me under the table,” she testified. “Let me just say, this was a very traumatic thing working for him.”

Ms. Harth withdrew her own lawsuit against Mr. Trump alleging unwanted advances, but she has stood by her original claims.
After Alicia Machado won the 1996 Miss Universe title, something very human happened: She gained weight. Mr. Trump did not keep his critique of her changing body quiet — he publicly shamed her, she said.

Mr. Trump said he had pushed her to lose weight. “To that, I will plead guilty,” he said, expressing no regret for his tactics.

But the humiliation, Ms. Machado said, was unbearable. “After that episode, I was sick, anorexia and bulimia for five years,” she said. “Over the past 20 years, I’ve gone to a lot of psychologists to combat this.”

And we haven't even entered the General Election. What will be coming next? He's so crude, we already knew something was coming.
The kool-aid drinkers will ignore reality the way they have been ignoring reality. They will whine about the Clinton's as a defence for Trump misdeeds.

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

The kool-aid drinkers will ignore reality the way they have been ignoring reality. They will whine about the Clinton's as a defence for Trump misdeeds.

Not whining. Coming out in droves to push back against the Bush/Clinton dynasties.

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

Dear rdean

Juanita Broaddrick Still Haunts Hillary Clinton, by Ian Tuttle, National Review

^ THIS ^

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

Not whining. Coming out in droves to push back against the Bush/Clinton dynasties.
Nope, Trump defenders should be able to defend his controversial actions and comments with arguments of fact, not always relying on changing the subject and deflecting to the Clinton's. That is the pattern followed here at USMB. Start a thread about a Trump lie and within minutes, his kool-aid drinkers will be attempting to hijack the thread and deflect it away from the topic of Trump lies and change the subject.

I think it's a good bet that Trump has cheated on 3 times as many wives as Bill Clinton has.
Clinton raped and sexually assaulted women in different ways AS president and governor.

No, Clinton has been accused of doing such things.

New book: Hillary Clinton blamed Bill's sex addiction on his abuse as a child

Dear NYcarbineer Hillary Clinton attributed his sex addiction to previous abuse.
Other sources report Hillary Clinton has an abusive personality.
Sounds to me like they both needed therapy. The pressures of law and politics
will make you crazy if you aren't already. And both sound like they both had their own problems.

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

Nope, Trump defenders should be able to defend his controversial actions and comments with arguments of fact, not always relying on changing the subject and deflecting to the Clinton's. That is the pattern followed here at USMB. Start a thread about a Trump lie and within minutes, his kool-aid drinkers will be attempting to hijack the thread and deflect it away from the topic of Trump lies and change the subject.

That's here Camp. You really need to expand your base to see how this bullshit is beaten down world wide.

For example I just promised eddiew that his posts about the good men and women who have served so proudly are just stupid grunts, southern racists who back Trump.

Now I am in the middle of transplanting my Brandywines and my Lemon Boys today but tonight I am going to take all of eddiew's posts and put them on every military website I have to reinforce what the typical D thinks about the military.

:lol:

Life is good. You left wingers just keep giving so much material.

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

Dear Camp, there are some really good folks here who can pick apart fact from internet hearsay.
Why not post a thread under CDZ and ask to verify what Trump lied about? I'd like to establish once and for all, if Cruz really did lie about anything, or the lies in the media were about him.

Whichever candidate, Clinton or Trump, is willing to admit they lied about something, and diplomatically correct it, that's what we need in office. Not this game of denial and projection of blame that anyone can play.

Maybe we should pick an issue with each candidate, and try to sort out what was true and what was manufactured either by the media or a political foe trying to muck things up. If we get stuck, after researching as best we can, the next step is to ask the people in that person's staff or campaign to straighten out the sources. And if we can't do that, I would ask for sworn testimonies of who said what, and is or is not willing to correct it. I am fed up with having people lie about stuff and get away with it because nobody can check until afterwards.

I understand Cruz' public image was most damaged by circulating lies about him that could never be straightened out because the media wouldn't cover or promote his correction statements.

We can't keep "assassinating characters in the media" of good potential leaders, while letting BULLIES win who play the game better. if someone will admit this, and make amends, I will count that as transparent.
But by making amends, I have a long list of what is owed to taxpayers in terms of reimbursement and reforms.
Anyone willing to take that on, yes, I would vote for and/or support in whatever office it takes to implement that level of corrections.

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

That's here Camp. You really need to expand your base to see how this bullshit is beaten down world wide.

For example I just promised eddiew that his posts about the good men and women who have served so proudly are just stupid grunts, southern racists who back Trump.

Now I am in the middle of transplanting my Brandywines and my Lemon Boys today but tonight I am going to take all of eddiew's posts and put them on every military website I have to reinforce what the typical D thinks about the military.

:lol:

Life is good. You left wingers just keep giving so much material.

Oh come on, rape and sexual assault are american as apple pie:
  • One in four college women report surviving rape or attempted rape at some point in their lifetime. These are anonymous reports on multi-campus surveys sampling thousands of college students nationwide (Fisher, Cullen & Turner, 2000; Tjaden & Thoennes, 2006). This rate has remained the same since studies in the 1980s (Koss, Gidycz, & Wisniewki, 1987).
  • In the U.S. Military academies, 5% of women report surviving rape every year, as do 2.4% of the men (Snyder, Fisher, Scherer, & Daigle, 2012).
  • 5% of women on college campuses experience rape or attempted rape every year (Kilpatrick, Resnick, Riggierio, Conoscenti, & McCauley, 2007; American College Health Association, 2013).
  • 673,000 women currently attending U.S. colleges and universities have experienced rape at some point in their lifetime (Kilpatrick, Resnick, Riggiero, Conoscenti & McCauley, 2007).
  • In one year 300,000 college women, over 5% of women enrolled in colleges and universities, experience rape. This does not include other forms of sexual assault (Kilpatrick, et al.)
  • 25% of women and 16% of men have been sexually abused as children (Dube, Withfield, & Felitti, 2005).
  • For men who are abused as children, 62% of their offenders were men, 38% were women (Dube, Withfield, & Felitti, 2005).
  • For women abused as children, 92% of perpetrators were men (Dube, Withfield, & Felitti, 2005).
  • Of those women who enter the Navy, 39% are rape survivors prior to their service.
  • Of those men who enter the Navy, 13% are perpetrators prior to their service.
  • 28% of women in the military experienced rape during their military service (Sadler, Booth, & Doebbeling, 2005).
  • Of those women who men rape in the military, 96% of the perpetrators areU.S. military men (Sadler, Booth, & Doebbeling, 2005).
  • Every year in the United States, 1,270,000 women experience rape (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).
  • Approximately 1 in 5 Black (22.0%) and White non-Hispanic (19%) women, and 1 in 7 Hispanic women (15%) in the United States have experienced rape at some point in their lives. (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).
  • More than one-quarter of women (27%) who identified as American Indian or as Alaska Native and 1 in 3 women (34%) who identified as multiracial non-Hispanic have experienced rape in their lifetime. (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).
One In Four USA

“Come here,” he said.

-----------------

Dear Camp, there are some really good folks here who can pick apart fact from internet hearsay.
Why not post a thread under CDZ and ask to verify what Trump lied about? I'd like to establish once and for all, if Cruz really did lie about anything, or the lies in the media were about him.

Whichever candidate, Clinton or Trump, is willing to admit they lied about something, and diplomatically correct it, that's what we need in office. Not this game of denial and projection of blame that anyone can play.

Maybe we should pick an issue with each candidate, and try to sort out what was true and what was manufactured either by the media or a political foe trying to muck things up. If we get stuck, after researching as best we can, the next step is to ask the people in that person's staff or campaign to straighten out the sources. And if we can't do that, I would ask for sworn testimonies of who said what, and is or is not willing to correct it. I am fed up with having people lie about stuff and get away with it because nobody can check until afterwards.

I understand Cruz' public image was most damaged by circulating lies about him that could never be straightened out because the media wouldn't cover or promote his correction statements.

We can't keep "assassinating characters in the media" of good potential leaders, while letting BULLIES win who play the game better. if someone will admit this, and make amends, I will count that as transparent.
But by making amends, I have a long list of what is owed to taxpayers in terms of reimbursement and reforms.
Anyone willing to take that on, yes, I would vote for and/or support in whatever office it takes to implement that level of corrections.

"We can't keep "assassinating characters in the media" of good potential leaders, while letting BULLIES win who play the game better."

That's why you're all the same to me.

Forum List

Back