Trump made senior staff sign nondisclosure agreements

Yes. That was outlined in the monthly Literati News Letter we all got. You didn't get this month's edition yet?

Are you disputing what I posted????
:rofl:

there's nothing dumber than a trumpling

legal lol

The jokes practically write themselves when a dullard leftard interjects on a thread sans any intelligence......which is why "del" is such a joke searching for a punchline.

Disputing you would imply that I was somehow trying to show how your remarks were wrong. Anyone dumb enough to believe the crap you post is too far gone to be convinced differently, and sane people don't need it pointed out to them. You're nuts, and I enjoy laughing at you. Simple as that.

My response was to the del troll.....is that your sock puppet account?

But allow me to address the rest of your post........you can't refute the things that I post here. You deflect and when that fails, you lamely attempt to marginalize and when that fails, you attempt to demonize but at the end of the thread? You ALWAYS come out on the losing end. I know more than you.....I prove it daily. It's no "brag"....just fact.

As always, I freely acknowledge that you know much more than me or anyone I have ever met. Unfortunately, it's all crazy conspiracy theory crap.

View attachment 183434

It always happens like that in cartoon land. Not so much in real life.

As always, I freely acknowledge that you know much more than me or anyone I have ever met. Unfortunately, it's all crazy conspiracy theory crap.

View attachment 183434

What comic book did that come from?

I know more than you....infinitely more. I am trying to help you hut if you choose to retain your status as on of the moron millions? There isn't much I can do. I can lead you to water but if you are too stubborn to drink from the trough of knowledge? I am "guilt free"..........I did what I was suppose to do and you have to meet me halfway. Questions?

I know, I immediately regretted my reply to you for obvious (thought probably not to you) reasons.

Have you considered sainthood?

Just give me a wide berth.....you don't have the intellect nor the information to pose a challenge to me. The results are always the same....I kick your ass, you get all "butthurt" and resentful. Your arguments are built on ideology and emotions which will always fail you in the end. My arguments are based on thousands upon thousands of hours of dogged research that I do at least ten to twelve hours a day every day 365 days a year. I feel naked without my MP3 player that has been downloaded with lectures and documentaries. The library of information and PDF files of books I have downloaded and read would totally overwhelm you.......not a brag....simply fact. One day you will "wake up" to the nature of the cage and I sincerely hopes that it happens before you have a chance to prepare. Read "Watership Down".........a big time clue.

I've read Watership Down, both as an adult and when in elementary school where it was required reading, I had a pet rat that I named Fiver. I know, not exactly a rabbit but a rodent just the same.

Now, I have a recommendation for you, go read Atlas Shrugged, not because it's any good, I just want you to stay occupied.

Are you disputing what I posted????
The jokes practically write themselves when a dullard leftard interjects on a thread sans any intelligence......which is why "del" is such a joke searching for a punchline.

Disputing you would imply that I was somehow trying to show how your remarks were wrong. Anyone dumb enough to believe the crap you post is too far gone to be convinced differently, and sane people don't need it pointed out to them. You're nuts, and I enjoy laughing at you. Simple as that.

My response was to the del troll.....is that your sock puppet account?

But allow me to address the rest of your post........you can't refute the things that I post here. You deflect and when that fails, you lamely attempt to marginalize and when that fails, you attempt to demonize but at the end of the thread? You ALWAYS come out on the losing end. I know more than you.....I prove it daily. It's no "brag"....just fact.

View attachment 183434

It always happens like that in cartoon land. Not so much in real life.

What you think you know about "real life" could be put on the left hand side of a sesame seed. If you only knew the things that I do. If you ONLY knew how our labor was pledged as surety against a debt that we do not owe and how our labor/energy has been used to move this fiat currency created by debt? You would be more angry about that fact than you are that the leftwing side (owned by the banking oligarchs that own the right) are going through a period of irrelevancy.

View attachment 183434

I know more than you....infinitely more. I am trying to help you hut if you choose to retain your status as on of the moron millions? There isn't much I can do. I can lead you to water but if you are too stubborn to drink from the trough of knowledge? I am "guilt free"..........I did what I was suppose to do and you have to meet me halfway. Questions?

I know, I immediately regretted my reply to you for obvious (thought probably not to you) reasons.

Just give me a wide berth.....you don't have the intellect nor the information to pose a challenge to me. The results are always the same....I kick your ass, you get all "butthurt" and resentful. Your arguments are built on ideology and emotions which will always fail you in the end. My arguments are based on thousands upon thousands of hours of dogged research that I do at least ten to twelve hours a day every day 365 days a year. I feel naked without my MP3 player that has been downloaded with lectures and documentaries. The library of information and PDF files of books I have downloaded and read would totally overwhelm you.......not a brag....simply fact. One day you will "wake up" to the nature of the cage and I sincerely hopes that it happens soon so you have a chance to prepare. Read "Watership Down".........a big time clue.

Do you talk to rabbits often?

Just give me a wide berth.....you don't have the intellect nor the information to pose a challenge to me. The results are always the same....I kick your ass, you get all "butthurt" and resentful. Your arguments are built on ideology and emotions which will always fail you in the end. My arguments are based on thousands upon thousands of hours of dogged research that I do at least ten to twelve hours a day every day 365 days a year. I feel naked without my MP3 player that has been downloaded with lectures and documentaries. The library of information and PDF files of books I have downloaded and read would totally overwhelm you.......not a brag....simply fact. One day you will "wake up" to the nature of the cage and I sincerely hopes that it happens before you have a chance to prepare. Read "Watership Down".........a big time clue.

I've read Watership Down, both as an adult and when in elementary school where it was required reading, I had a pet rat that I named Fiver. I know, not exactly a rabbit but a rodent just the same.

Now, I have a recommendation for you, go read Atlas Shrugged, not because it's any good, I just want you to stay occupied.

If you have read "Watership Down" then you should easily relate it as to what we have been up against and facing.......USA.INC is simply a human farm and they "snatch up" whomever they want for whatever they want. It's not a theory, it is a fact. Think "Church Committee Hearings, 1970's".....

If you have read "Watership Down" then you should easily relate it as to what we have been up against and facing.......USA.INC is simply a human farm and they "snatch up" whomever they want for whatever they want. It's not a theory, it is a fact. Think "Church Committee Hearings, 1970's".....

No, I think Bulldog is right, you talk to the rabbits.

16-hope-hicks-lede.nocrop.w1600.h2147483647.jpg

What Hope Hicks Knows

The departure of the Trump whisperer has left the White House in even deeper chaos. Which surely pleases some outsiders angling to get back in.

Inside Hope Hicks’ Tumultuous Final Days In The White House

The above link is worth reading. I can understand why Trump wanted Hope Hicks to sign a nondisclosure agreement. If we only knew...

I think you must have been hit by a hrududu when you were a child.

Just give me a wide berth.....you don't have the intellect nor the information to pose a challenge to me. The results are always the same....I kick your ass, you get all "butthurt" and resentful. Your arguments are built on ideology and emotions which will always fail you in the end. My arguments are based on thousands upon thousands of hours of dogged research that I do at least ten to twelve hours a day every day 365 days a year. I feel naked without my MP3 player that has been downloaded with lectures and documentaries. The library of information and PDF files of books I have downloaded and read would totally overwhelm you.......not a brag....simply fact. One day you will "wake up" to the nature of the cage and I sincerely hopes that it happens soon so you have a chance to prepare. Read "Watership Down".........a big time clue.

That book has too many multi-syllable words for you, first off......and the symbolism behind the book's plot would be totally lost on you because of your lack of intellect. You struggle (even to this day) with the concepts of story lines. You still shake your head at the plots given in the "Dick and Jane " grade school primers that we all "cut our teeth" on when it came to reading and phonetics. You are still perplexed as to why Dick was tossing a ball to Spot...... and why did Dick do that when Spot didn't have the ability to catch as he had paws that no baseball glove would fit? You strike me as someone that was put in front of the TV when "Mister Roger's Neighborhood" came on because you couldn't keep up with the fast, rapid fire pace of "Sesame Street" and Big Bird would totally freak you out........thoughts?

(snicker)

That book has too many multi-syllable words for you, first off......and the symbolism behind the book's plot would be totally lost on you because of your lack of intellect. You struggle (even to this day) with the concepts of story lines. You still shake your head at the plots given in the "Dick and Jane " grade school primers that we all "cut our teeth" on when it came to reading and phonetics. You are still perplexed as to why Dick was tossing a ball to Spot...... and why did Dick do that when Spot didn't have the ability to catch as he had paws that no baseball glove would fit? You strike me as someone that was put in front of the TV when "Mister Roger's Neighborhood" came on because you couldn't keep up with the fast, rapid fire pace of "Sesame Street" and Big Bird would totally freak you out........thoughts?

(snicker)

Dude, you're trying way too hard here. Sometimes fewer words are better, in your case all the time.

(snicker)

Dude, you're trying way too hard here. Sometimes fewer words are better, in your case all the time.

Your "few words" shows your lack of ability to debate an issue or post a detailed explanation of how you think and/ or your belief system and why is that? Because it would simply expose you for the intellectual lightweight that you are.

Learn, grow, evolve.....rise above it.

Hope this helps!

(snicker)

Your "few words" shows your lack of ability to debate an issue or post a detailed explanation of how you think and/ or your belief system and why is that? Because it would simply expose you for the intellectual lightweight that you are.

Learn, grow, evolve.....rise above it.

Hope this helps!

How are you on ancient alien civilizations on Earth? Pro or con?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
They’re supposed to last beyond his presidency.

Back in April 2016, when the notion of Donald Trump in the White House still seemed fanciful, The Post’s Robert Costa and Bob Woodward sat down with Trump, and Costa, at one point, raised the subject of the nondisclosure agreements for employees of which the candidate was so fond.

Costa: “One thing I always wondered, are you going to make employees of the federal government sign nondisclosure agreements?”

Trump: “I think they should. . . . And I don’t know, there could be some kind of a law that you can’t do this. But when people are chosen by a man to go into government at high levels and then they leave government and they write a book about a man and say a lot of things that were really guarded and personal, I don’t like that. I mean, I’ll be honest. And people would say, oh, that’s terrible, you’re taking away his right to free speech. Well, he’s going in.”

Reader, it happened. In the early months of the administration, at the behest of now-President Trump, who was furious over leaks from within the White House, senior White House staff members were asked to, and did, sign nondisclosure agreements vowing not to reveal confidential information and exposing them to damages for any violation. Some balked at first but, pressed by then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and the White House Counsel’s Office, ultimately complied, concluding that the agreements would likely not be enforceable in any event.

The nondisclosure agreements, said a person who signed the document, “were meant to be very similar to the ones that some of us signed during the campaign and during the transition. I remember the president saying, ‘Has everybody signed a confidentiality agreement like they did during the campaign or we had at Trump Tower?’ ”

At that time, in February or March of 2017, the source said, “There was lots of leaking, things that just weren’t true, and a lot of things that were true and should have remained confidential. The president’s point was that they [staff] would think twice about that if they were on the hook for some serious damages.”

Moreover, said the source, this confidentiality pledge would extend not only after an aide’s White House service but also beyond the Trump presidency. “It’s not meant to be constrained by the four years or eight years he’s president — or the four months or eight months somebody works there. It is meant to survive that.”

This is extraordinary. Every president inveighs against leakers and bemoans the kiss-and-tell books; no president, to my knowledge, has attempted to impose such a pledge. And while White House staffers have various confidentiality obligations — maintaining the secrecy of classified information or attorney-client privilege, for instance — the notion of imposing a side agreement, supposedly enforceable even after the president leaves office, is not only oppressive but constitutionally repugnant.

Unlike employees of private enterprises such as the Trump Organization or Trump campaign, White House aides have First Amendment rights when it comes to their employer, the federal government. If you have a leaker on your staff, the cure is firing, not suing.

“This is crazy,” said attorney Debra Katz, who has represented numerous government whistleblowers and negotiated nondisclosure agreements. “The idea of having some kind of economic penalty is an outrageous effort to limit and chill speech. Once again, this president believes employees owe him a personal duty of loyalty, when their duty of loyalty is to the institution.”

I haven’t been able to lay hands on the final agreement, but I do have a copy of a draft, and it is a doozy. It would expose violators to penalties of $10 million, payable to the federal government, for each and any unauthorized revelation of “confidential” information, defined as “all nonpublic information I learn of or gain access to in the course of my official duties in the service of the United States Government on White House staff,” including “communications . . . with members of the press” and “with employees of federal, state, and local governments.” The $10 million figure, I suspect, was watered down in the final version, because the people to whom I have spoken do not remember that jaw-dropping sum.

It would prohibit revelation of this confidential information in any form — including, get this, “the publication of works of fiction that contain any mention of the operations of the White House, federal agencies, foreign governments, or other entities interacting with the United States Government that is based on confidential information.”

As outlined in the document, this restriction would cover Trump aides not only during their White House service but also “at all times thereafter.”

More: Trump made senior staff sign nondisclosure agreements. They’re supposed to last beyond his presidency - The Washington Post

Is this even legal? Could it stand up in court? It certainly sounds unconscionable. What do you think?

Smart move on his part. There won't be any tell all books during his administration. At least, not by anyone he gave a job to.

How is that a good thing? You don't think former staff have a right to tell their story? Nor do you believe the public has a right to know?
They don't have a right if they sign an NDA. The public has no right to know about the inner workings in the White house

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I don't think I've ever heard an American say (paraphrasing) "Yep, we don't need to know what happens in the White House, let's make it punitive if anyone says anything."

Dims were saying it night and day when Slick Willy was wriggling on the hook. How about the next time a Democrat gets elected we put microphones and cameras in every room in the White house so the public can know every last thing that goes on? It will be like a reality show. You don't have a problem with that, do you?

Last edited:
They’re supposed to last beyond his presidency.

Back in April 2016, when the notion of Donald Trump in the White House still seemed fanciful, The Post’s Robert Costa and Bob Woodward sat down with Trump, and Costa, at one point, raised the subject of the nondisclosure agreements for employees of which the candidate was so fond.

Costa: “One thing I always wondered, are you going to make employees of the federal government sign nondisclosure agreements?”

Trump: “I think they should. . . . And I don’t know, there could be some kind of a law that you can’t do this. But when people are chosen by a man to go into government at high levels and then they leave government and they write a book about a man and say a lot of things that were really guarded and personal, I don’t like that. I mean, I’ll be honest. And people would say, oh, that’s terrible, you’re taking away his right to free speech. Well, he’s going in.”

Reader, it happened. In the early months of the administration, at the behest of now-President Trump, who was furious over leaks from within the White House, senior White House staff members were asked to, and did, sign nondisclosure agreements vowing not to reveal confidential information and exposing them to damages for any violation. Some balked at first but, pressed by then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and the White House Counsel’s Office, ultimately complied, concluding that the agreements would likely not be enforceable in any event.

The nondisclosure agreements, said a person who signed the document, “were meant to be very similar to the ones that some of us signed during the campaign and during the transition. I remember the president saying, ‘Has everybody signed a confidentiality agreement like they did during the campaign or we had at Trump Tower?’ ”

At that time, in February or March of 2017, the source said, “There was lots of leaking, things that just weren’t true, and a lot of things that were true and should have remained confidential. The president’s point was that they [staff] would think twice about that if they were on the hook for some serious damages.”

Moreover, said the source, this confidentiality pledge would extend not only after an aide’s White House service but also beyond the Trump presidency. “It’s not meant to be constrained by the four years or eight years he’s president — or the four months or eight months somebody works there. It is meant to survive that.”

This is extraordinary. Every president inveighs against leakers and bemoans the kiss-and-tell books; no president, to my knowledge, has attempted to impose such a pledge. And while White House staffers have various confidentiality obligations — maintaining the secrecy of classified information or attorney-client privilege, for instance — the notion of imposing a side agreement, supposedly enforceable even after the president leaves office, is not only oppressive but constitutionally repugnant.

Unlike employees of private enterprises such as the Trump Organization or Trump campaign, White House aides have First Amendment rights when it comes to their employer, the federal government. If you have a leaker on your staff, the cure is firing, not suing.

“This is crazy,” said attorney Debra Katz, who has represented numerous government whistleblowers and negotiated nondisclosure agreements. “The idea of having some kind of economic penalty is an outrageous effort to limit and chill speech. Once again, this president believes employees owe him a personal duty of loyalty, when their duty of loyalty is to the institution.”

I haven’t been able to lay hands on the final agreement, but I do have a copy of a draft, and it is a doozy. It would expose violators to penalties of $10 million, payable to the federal government, for each and any unauthorized revelation of “confidential” information, defined as “all nonpublic information I learn of or gain access to in the course of my official duties in the service of the United States Government on White House staff,” including “communications . . . with members of the press” and “with employees of federal, state, and local governments.” The $10 million figure, I suspect, was watered down in the final version, because the people to whom I have spoken do not remember that jaw-dropping sum.

It would prohibit revelation of this confidential information in any form — including, get this, “the publication of works of fiction that contain any mention of the operations of the White House, federal agencies, foreign governments, or other entities interacting with the United States Government that is based on confidential information.”

As outlined in the document, this restriction would cover Trump aides not only during their White House service but also “at all times thereafter.”

More: Trump made senior staff sign nondisclosure agreements. They’re supposed to last beyond his presidency - The Washington Post

Is this even legal? Could it stand up in court? It certainly sounds unconscionable. What do you think?

Smart move on his part. There won't be any tell all books during his administration. At least, not by anyone he gave a job to.

How is that a good thing? You don't think former staff have a right to tell their story? Nor do you believe the public has a right to know?
They don't have a right if they sign an NDA. The public has no right to know about the inner workings in the White house

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I don't think I've ever heard an American say (paraphrasing) "Yep, we don't need to know what happens in the White House, let's make it punitive if anyone says anything."

Dims were saying it night and day when Slick Willy was wriggling on the hook. How about the next time a Democrat gets elected we put microphones and cameras in every room in the White house so the public can know every last thing that goes on? It will be like a reality show. You don't have a problem with that, do you?

How about just not running the White House like a mafia family. That would make most of us happy.

(snicker)

I'm greatly impressed with your ability to manufacture a very complex scenario, complete, with almost every imaginable detail, with virtually no facts to support any of it, other than your emotions, or your gut feeling. Your imagination is so vivid that you are instantly convinced of the veracity of each made up detail even as you work to make it up. I guess that's why it is so easy for you to believe every conspiracy theory you hear. That is an extraordinary ability, even if it does make it difficult for you to separate reality from non-reality.

Forum List

Back