Trump, Fiorina, Rubio and Carson

The candidate that finally gets the GOP nomination won't be the candidate the RW's want to be President.
What RW's? The ESTABLISHMENT or the PEOPLE?

the Left is for whomever their Party wants; total lemmings who will swallow anything put in front of them.
Agreed.

But as far as RW's, if Siete meant the establishment, they want Bush, as far as middle America, they want Trump. It ain't gonna be Bush, or gang of 8 amnesty boy Rubio, and I think there's dirty news in the water about both Fiorina and Carson, so actually the last men standing are probably going to be Trump and Cruz.

The VP pick could be interesting

Fiorina, Rubio or Kasich could take the spot depending on who wins the nomination
No one is going to pick Fiorina.

She's toxic.

Fiorina is the flavor of the day that Republicans will sample and decide they don't like it

thank-you Madam Zorba

Actually, Republicans are not that hard to predict

We have seen it all before. Remember the parade of clowns in the "Anybody but Romney" parade?

Palin, Gingrich, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum....who did you end up picking?

Last edited:

Fiorina, Rubio or Kasich could take the spot depending on who wins the nomination

She's toxic.

Fiorina is the flavor of the day that Republicans will sample and decide they don't like it

Well she can't win any states, in addition to all her baggage.

Kasich is probably the strong favorite for the vice slot.

I think Kasich would be a good option for either Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio

Experience in both Congress and the statehouse
Plus the Ohio connection

She's toxic.

Well she can't win any states, in addition to all her baggage.

Kasich is probably the strong favorite for the vice slot.

I think Kasich would be a good option for either Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio

Experience in both Congress and the statehouse
Plus the Ohio connection

Rubio is not getting the Nomination and will never be President.

Unless someone makes him vice and dies.

She's toxic.

thank-you Madam Zorba

Neither are the Democrats.... both parties are predictable, just look for the biggest douche bag running and that's who'll they'll nominate. :)

She's toxic.

thank-you Madam Zorba

Neither are the Democrats.... both parties are predictable, just look for the biggest douche bag running and that's who'll they'll nominate. :)

Democrats are hardly predictable in who they will nominate for President. Democrats will play the hot hand so we end up with candidates like Carter, Dukakis, Clinton and Obama

Republicans never think outside the box so we tend to get the next in line guy

She's toxic.

thank-you Madam Zorba

Democrats are hardly predictable in who they will nominate for President. Democrats will play the hot hand so we end up with candidates like Carter, Dukakis, Clinton and Obama

Ummm...both parties work the same way, the party elites pick whomever they think is electable and can be locked in to whatever policies the party elites want them to support once they figure that out that's who gets nominated. All those Democratic nominees you cited fit the pattern, same goes for the Republicans. The only difference is that on occasion the Democratic Party elites have taken longer to figure out who fit the bill, they still come off the short list though.

Like I said look for the biggest douche bag (i.e. the one that will sell out completely to the party elites) and that's who'll get the nod in either party.

This election cycle *might* be a bit more interesting since the Democratic Party elites picked Hillary early on and that's turning into a boondoogle for 'em and the Republicans have a big shake up from outsiders that they can't control.

Hopefully this will time out will prove so frustrating to the elites in both parties that they'll do the world a favor and start jumping off tall buildings.... but I wouldn't count on it.

thank-you Madam Zorba

Ummm...both parties work the same way, the party elites pick whomever they think is electable and can be locked in to whatever policies the party elites want them to support once they figure that out that's who gets nominated. All those Democratic nominees you cited fit the pattern, same goes for the Republicans. The only difference is that on occasion the Democratic Party elites have taken longer to figure out who fit the bill, they still come off the short list though.

Like I said look for the biggest douche bag (i.e. the one that will sell out completely to the party elites) and that's who'll get the nod in either party.

This election cycle *might* be a bit more interesting since the Democratic Party elites picked Hillary early on and that's turning into a boondoogle for 'em and the Republicans have a big shake up from outsiders that they can't control.

Hopefully this will time out will prove so frustrating to the elites in both parties that they'll do the world a favor and start jumping off tall buildings.... but I wouldn't count on it.

Skipped right over Rightwinger's post did you.

History does not agree with you.

thank-you Madam Zorba

You kind of miss out what running as a Democrat or Republican means don't you?

Thats what "whatever policies the party elites want them to support once" entails

Candidates like Obama, Clinton and Carter were not chosen by the party elites beforehand. They emerged once the campaign process was going full scale. Each defeated Democratic candidates who were better known and better financed

thank-you Madam Zorba

I don't miss out on a darn thing since I already know the nomination process in both parties is nothing but theater engineered to entertain and confound all the partisan lemmings into thinking they are actually in charge of who gets nominated. I enjoy the show just as much as the next guy but at the end of the day it's still just another Hollywood production.

Thats what "whatever policies the party elites want them to support once" entails
Whatever policies THEY want not whatever policies the primary/caucus voters want ....the elites figure out how to market their desires to the partisan masses and how to mold the "image" of their pick to the tastes of their target audience, it's just like marketing suits in private business do with product offerings.

Candidates like Obama, Clinton and Carter were not chosen by the party elites beforehand. They emerged once the campaign process was going full scale. Each defeated Democratic candidates who were better known and better financed

They don't have to be chosen "beforehand" the point is that in both parties the nominees are chosen in smoke filled backrooms by party bosses and wealthy donors NOT by the voters.... you seem to be trying to make it out that Democratic voters are somehow more independent minded than Republican voters and it just ain't so, they all fall for the same dog & pony show illusion that they are the ones doing the choosing when in reality they are (at best) participating in "test marketing" a short list of pre-chosen possibilities.

I don't miss out on a darn thing since I already know the nomination process in both parties is nothing but theater engineered to entertain and confound all the partisan lemmings into thinking they are actually in charge of who gets nominated. I enjoy the show just as much as the next guy but at the end of the day it's still just another Hollywood production.

Whatever policies THEY want not whatever policies the primary/caucus voters want ....the elites figure out how to market their desires to the partisan masses and how to mold the "image" of their pick to the tastes of their target audience, it's just like marketing suits in private business do with product offerings.

They don't have to be chosen "beforehand" the point is that in both parties the nominees are chosen in smoke filled backrooms by party bosses and wealthy donors NOT by the voters.... you seem to be trying to make it out that Democratic voters are somehow more independent minded than Republican voters and it just ain't so, they all fall for the same dog & pony show illusion that they are the ones doing the choosing when in reality they are (at best) participating in "test marketing" a short list of pre-chosen possibilities.

Yes it is all one big conspiracy

Now, why don't you tell me about Bilderberg and the New World Order

Ah yes, dismissiveness, the first sign that the well of reason has run dry.... hate to break it to you but It's a not a conspiracy, the party elites aren't making any attempt to hide it or anything, it's right out there in the open all you need to do is pull off the partisan blinders and try looking at what's been going on objectively.

It's just like the lady said about the blue sweater in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" ......

"it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff."

Ah yes, dismissiveness, the first sign that the well of reason has run dry.... hate to break it to you but It's a not a conspiracy, the party elites aren't making any attempt to hide it or anything, it's right out there in the open all you need to do is pull off the partisan blinders and try looking at what's been going on objectively.

It's just like the lady said about the blue sweater in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" ......

"it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff."

Mainly because you've completely ignored the history of most of the modern Democratic Presidents.

Obama's candidacy was completely unpredicted. He ran a great ground game and used modern technology for funding.

Who were the last Republican candidates?

With the exception of Ronald Reagan, all of them were the "next in line"..

Mainly because you've completely ignored the history of most of the modern Democratic Presidents.

Obama's candidacy was completely unpredicted. He ran a great ground game and used modern technology for funding.

Who were the last Republican candidates?

With the exception of Ronald Reagan, all of them were the "next in line"..

Reagan barely lost the 1976 Republican nomination to Gerry Ford. He was next in line

You would have to go back to 1964 and Barry Goldwater to find a Republican candidate who was "outside the box"

Forum List

Back