Time to end Afghanistan war

Davros

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2015
If the world wants to try us for war crimes for bombing a hospital, time to say fuck it. Get out of Afghanistan and see what the Taliban does to these hospitals.

Afghanistan will never truly be a country anyways.

The entire AFG War was designed to fail.

Those people do not want to live like westerners. They want to be rock farmers and goat fuckers.

We should have been out of there in 2005 and focused on Iraq. People there like AC and television. They were a much more secular society.

If the world wants to try us for war crimes for bombing a hospital, time to say fuck it. Get out of Afghanistan and see what the Taliban does to these hospitals.

Afghanistan will never truly be a country anyways.

I thought Obama already said he had the Taliban on the run? Oh, he wants to have the Doctors Without Borders on the run too. OK, I get it now. Obama has declared war on Doctors Without Borders.

The entire AFG War was designed to fail.

Those people do not want to live like westerners. They want to be rock farmers and goat fuckers.

We should have been out of there in 2005 and focused on Iraq. People there like AC and television. They were a much more secular society.

I actually agree.

I don't think it was "designed" for failure. W initially thought that if we supported what little was left of the mujahideen that we'd supported, we could get more or less a pro-western ... neocolony. It turned out we went in with too little, our primary proxy got himself blown up by suicide bombers, and W installed Karzai. Iraq had precedent.

Obama came in determined to withdraw from Iraq. Afghan could be seen as not a war by the neocons. I'd guess pulling out of both would be politically untenable, given the gop. And, the one thing Gates was right about was when we just declared victory with the fall of the USSR and left Pak and Afghan, we made a strategic error that in the end contributed to 9-11. But, y'all are right, once Obama took the advice to up the ante in Afghan we were .... qWagmired.

Forum List

Back