Trump Doesn't Care About Future Presidents: Air Force One Loses Key Feature

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
One of the most important parts of Air Force One, is that during an attack it can serve as a mobile station for the President to run the country, without having to land. Not so fast. Trump and the White House has decided to cut out the capability for future Air Force One planes to be able to refuel in air, which greatly diminishes its capabilities and safety for future Presidents. Trump has decided cutting a few corners on cost is more important than safety and security.

White House Cuts Aerial Refueling From New Air Force One

I understand him wanting to cut costs but that makes the entire point seem redundant.

rnE90.gif

One of the most important parts of Air Force One, is that during an attack it can serve as a mobile station for the President to run the country, without having to land. Not so fast. Trump and the White House has decided to cut out the capability for future Air Force One planes to be able to refuel in air, which greatly diminishes its capabilities and safety for future Presidents. Trump has decided cutting a few corners on cost is more important than safety and security.

White House Cuts Aerial Refueling From New Air Force One
It'll be put back in. Trump's been sufficiently baby-proofed.

From the article:

Proponents of the cut argue that aerial refueling is not necessary considering no president has ever used the capability, not even George W. Bush who loitered over the Gulf of Mexico in Air Force One for eight hours after the 9/11 attacks. Opponents of removing mid-air refueling say that the ability to take on fuel and fly for long periods of time, even days, is vital to ensure the government can continue operating in a crisis, including nuclear war.

I understand him wanting to cut costs but that makes the entire point seem redundant.
I disagree. What says a president should be less likely a nuke victim then you or I?

Because he has been elected by the people to run the country?

To put it kindly, trump still does not understand the position of the leader of the free world. Probably because he gave that away within the first month!

I have a question for all those in a panic over not being able to refuel in the
air.

Where do y'all think the tankers are gonna come from to refuel AF1?

I'm not in charge of the Russian Strategic Forces, but I have a hunch they will
hit all of our Air Bases from the get-go.

Now unless we keep our tankers at some unknown installation located high in
the Green Mountain of Vermont...All the tankers are gonna either be destroyed within
the first hour or have no place to land at the start of the 2nd hour.

I'm just wondering, is all...Maybe someone can ask a Lib.

Jealousy....Trump doesn't have a private plane that can refuel in the air, why should future presidents?

Just a guess? :D. :p

And hell no does Trump care about saving money....look what he is spending on himself with his golfing and property trips.....And his cabinet spends on private jets to go 90 miles....

true plus in such an event

the refuels are going to be busy

keeping the fighting forces in the air

air.

the Green Mountain of Vermont...All the tankers are gonna either be destroyed within

JubilantPortlyKawala.gif

air.

You're right, you are not in charge of the Russian Strategic Forces... though you could be a paid Russian troll. Who knows?

Now, who says it has to be Russia that causes the U.S. to use protocol to keep the President in the air? Do you have any idea how many places the U.S. has military bases?

air.

Closer than the 10 hours or so that would run AF1 dry.

Ya think?

Wow, if Trump cured the lepers, made the blind see, and raised the dead, you guys would still crucify him.

Forum List

Back