Trump delays Russia probe document dump after allies pitch a fit

A review to ensure no classified contacts or intel people are mentioned in it............aka someone overseas that could get wacked if the name is released......

Standard procedure.

How could you possibly know that when you have no idea what they say? Methinks if these documents threatened to expose Trump or his comrades you’d be all for it and any attempts on Trump’s part to stop it you’d dub obstruction of justice.
Put them out there. The more obstruction at this point, the better.

Only an anti-Trumper would think the president doing something within his authority qualifies as obstruction of justice LOL.

When he's doing it to discredit an active criminal investigation that is investigating Trump personally? An investigation that Trump has already tried to shut down? Forwarding a narrative that Trump already knows full disclosure doesn't support?

Oh, yeah it does. With all the implications of Obstruction of Justice landing squarely at Trump's feet.

No Nunes to take the blame.

He’s completely within his authority.

To obstruct an criminal investigation into *himself*?

Are you of the mind that Trump can pardon himself of any crime he commits as well?
No, and I roll my eyes at the question.

Only an anti-Trumper would think the president doing something within his authority qualifies as obstruction of justice LOL.

When he's doing it to discredit an active criminal investigation that is investigating Trump personally? An investigation that Trump has already tried to shut down? Forwarding a narrative that Trump already knows full disclosure doesn't support?

Oh, yeah it does. With all the implications of Obstruction of Justice landing squarely at Trump's feet.

Are you of the mind that Trump can pardon himself of any crime he commits as well?

Why? Trump himself has claimed he has the authority to pardon himself of any crime he commits.

And again, the criminal investigation is into Trump personally.

A review to ensure no classified contacts or intel people are mentioned in it............aka someone overseas that could get wacked if the name is released......

Standard procedure.
No standard procedure is ensuring all that before someone opens their big trap and announces they are going to release the documents. What this is speaks more to the fact that Drumpfs handlers are having to once again correct his fuckups.

So much for the panty wetting enthusiasm by those anxious for another distraction and further damage to our intelligence agencies, ally relationships, sources/ methods and discrediting of the Mueller investigation. Good!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday delayed his own order to declassify and release documents from the FBI's Russia investigation, saying the Justice Department and U.S. allies have raised security concerns about their disclosure.

The announcement, in a pair of tweets, represented a highly unusual walk-back for a president who has pressed for the release of classified information that he believes will expose "really bad things" at the FBI and discredit special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign.​

Continued:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...s-concerned-about-declassifying-russia-papers

MSNBC reported this evening those documents won't be released at all now.

So much for the panty wetting enthusiasm by those anxious for another distraction and further damage to our intelligence agencies, ally relationships, sources/ methods and discrediting of the Mueller investigation. Good!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday delayed his own order to declassify and release documents from the FBI's Russia investigation, saying the Justice Department and U.S. allies have raised security concerns about their disclosure.

The announcement, in a pair of tweets, represented a highly unusual walk-back for a president who has pressed for the release of classified information that he believes will expose "really bad things" at the FBI and discredit special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign.​

Continued:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...s-concerned-about-declassifying-russia-papers
Lol
The deep state are a bunch of fucking cowards so shut the fuck up

Continued:

Lol
The deep state are a bunch of fucking cowards so shut the fuck up

Your conspiracy fantasy is whatever you imagine them to be.

Oh I'm not complaining at all. These documents have no business in the general US public's hands, OR in the hands of our enemies who would most certainly use them against us and our allies.

How could you possibly know that when you have no idea what they say? Methinks if these documents threatened to expose Trump or his comrades you’d be all for it and any attempts on Trump’s part to stop it you’d dub obstruction of justice.

He’s completely within his authority. Every fucking thing he does or doesn’t do is obstruction to you folks. Just bc you’re unhappy about it doesn’t make it obstruction. The fact you seem not to care if there was any deceit by the accusers speaks volumes. You don’t give a shit if things were done unconstitutionally, you just want him gone by any means necessary.

I’m so disgusted with the anti-Trumpers. They’ve sunken so low even the truth has lost value to them.

Kindly don't lecture us about "Truth". :)

e45bdaaa833a8438da239ef437c4624b.jpg

He knows he will be slammed with obstruction charges if he does. With convictions and indictments swirling around Trump, because of Trump, he took the advice of someone and backed out of another illegal act.

Ya, but don't put it past him to hand it over to his little interference cutout elf Devin Nunes for distribution.

Why? Trump himself has claimed he has the authority to pardon himself of any crime he commits.

So what? The only way it’d be obstruction of justice is if there’s anything incriminating against the people involved with launching the investigation LOL and that alone makes any of your arguments just plain silly. If they don’t have anything to worry about why are they screaming “Obstruction!”?

You’re telling me here you don’t care about doing things right or knowing the truth. You’re telling me you’re about “by any means necessary” and, frankly, a threat to America’s democratic principles.

So what? The only way it’d be obstruction of justice is if there’s anything incriminating against the people involved with launching the investigation LOL and that alone makes any of your arguments just plain silly. If they don’t have anything to worry about why are they screaming “Obstruction!”?

Trump himself is attacking the entire 'Russia Investigation', insisting it is all a witch hunt and a hoax. Its the President that is trying to forward a narrative that is false. Trying to discredit an active criminal investigation that is investigating Trump is most definitely Obstruction of Justice.

And as the Nunes Memo demonstrated elegantly, you can try and use selective declassification to forward a narrative you know that full declassification doesn't support. Nunes KNEW that the FBI disclosed the origins of the Steele Dossier. But only declassfied pages that made no mention of it.

When the Democrats were able to declassify some small portion of the FISA warrant application where the FBI discloses the origin of the Dossier to the FISA courts.......Nunes had to back down, admitting his narrative was wrong.

Trump himself is attacking the entire 'Russia Investigation', insisting it is all a witch hunt and a hoax. Its the President that is trying to forward a narrative that is false. Trying to discredit an active criminal investigation that is investigating Trump is most definitely Obstruction of Justice.

And as the Nunes Memo demonstrated elegantly, you can try and use selective declassification to forward a narrative you know that full declassification doesn't support. Nunes KNEW that the FBI disclosed the origins of the Steele Dossier. But only declassfied pages that made no mention of it.

When the Democrats were able to declassify some small portion of the FISA warrant application where the FBI discloses the origin of the Dossier to the FISA courts.......Nunes had to back down, admitting his narrative was wrong.

It’s a waste of time conversing with you bc you never acknowledge my points and just keep saying the same things over and over again.

It’s a waste of time conversing with you bc you never acknowledge my points and just keep saying the same things over and over again.

Actually, I addressed your point directly:

Would you like me to elaborate? Quote Trump attacking the 'Russia Investigation'?

Here, for example, is one of Trump's own tweets:

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch: “The Strzok firing is as much about the Mueller operation as anything else. There would be no Mueller Special Councel to investigate so called collusion but for the machinations of Strzok & his colleagues at the top levels of the FBI. We know this...

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Its Trump himself that is trying to connect the Mueller investigation with the FBI investigation.

Last edited:

Would you like me to elaborate? Quote Trump attacking the 'Russia Investigation'?

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch: “The Strzok firing is as much about the Mueller operation as anything else. There would be no Mueller Special Councel to investigate so called collusion but for the machinations of Strzok & his colleagues at the top levels of the FBI. We know this...

Its Trump himself that is trying to connect the Mueller investigation with the FBI investigation.

You and I are obviously not gonna see eye to eye here. In my opinion Trump is playing the game the Dems started. I do not believe the Russia investigation was started for honest reasons. If the Dems have nothing to hide & the documents don’t threaten national security they should have no problems w their declassification.

You and I are obviously not gonna see eye to eye here. In my opinion Trump is playing the game the Dems started. I do not believe the Russia investigation was started for honest reasons. If the Dems have nothing to hide & the documents don’t threaten national security they should have no problems w their declassification.

I agree. But I can still use evidence, Trump's own words and reason to appeal to those who will hear it.

And Trump is playing the game the Republicans started. They carefully fostered a virelent conspiracy base, with batshit nonsense about 'widespread voter fraud' going back to GW. The GOP cultivated the birther conspiracy, as part of the "Obama isn't American like 'we' are' narrative. They made up the imaginary 'War on Christmas'. They actively attacked science and climate change....training their constituents to be information averse and opinion abundant.

Trump just outbatshitted them. With the 'deep state' being yet another in a littany of Trump conspiracy theories. Like 'global warming being invented by the Chinese, Trump's half a decade of Birther nonsense, and his ficticious 'rigged election', and '3 to 5 million illegal votes'.

All backed by nothing.

Trump appleals to the conspiracy mentality that the GOP has so carefully fostered. He simply does it better than they do.

I agree. But I can still use evidence, Trump's own words and reason to appeal to those who will hear it.

And Trump is playing the game the Republicans started. They carefully fostered a virelent conspiracy base, with batshit nonsense about 'widespread voter fraud' going back to GW. The GOP cultivated the birther conspiracy, as part of the "Obama isn't American like 'we' are' narrative. They made up the imaginary 'War on Christmas'. They actively attacked science and climate change....training their constituents to be information averse and opinion abundant.

Trump just outbatshitted them. With the 'deep state' being yet another in a littany of Trump conspiracy theories. Like 'global warming being invented by the Chinese, Trump's half a decade of Birther nonsense, and his ficticious 'rigged election', and '3 to 5 million illegal votes'.

All backed by nothing.

Trump appleals to the conspiracy mentality that the GOP has so carefully fostered. He simply does it better than they do.

I don’t think you and others of like mind understand what we’re talking about w the “Deep State.” For instance, the anonymous New York Times was written by someone the right would classify as a Deep State member—someone deeply involved in governmental affairs who is working against (what the right perceive) as the good of the country. Pretty much all the Dems, much of the MSM and a number of Republicans make up the Deep State.

You can’t deny the existence of these ppl, therefore you can’t deny they are who the right see as the Deep State. You’re just over-complicating it to mean something more than it means and thus dubbing it a conspiracy theory.

Forum List

Back