Trump Can Win Nomination with 1,100 Delegates

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 10.10.04 AM.png

According to Republican National Committee member Randy Evans Trump can secure nomination with 1,100 delegates (137 shy of magic number)
"If Donald Trump exceeds 1,100 votes, he will become the nominee even though he may not have 1,237," Evans said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
He also said if he gets less than 1,000 it could lead to a contested convention that could go on for many many days.

Full article can be read HERE

Yeah, I saw that this morning. And, imo it's good news that party insiders won't try to pick someone else if Trump goes in with by far the biggest total.

According to Republican National Committee member Randy Evans Trump can secure nomination with 1,100 delegates (137 shy of magic number)
"If Donald Trump exceeds 1,100 votes, he will become the nominee even though he may not have 1,237," Evans said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
He also said if he gets less than 1,000 it could lead to a contested convention that could go on for many many days.

I believe it will be brokered and Trump will be shy of the magical number needed.

I believe Trump only hope would be is getting Kasich Delegates while offering Kasich the VP spot, and if done that way then yeah I can see it, but any other way there is no way he will get the nod...

I believe it will be brokered and Trump will be shy of the magical number needed.

I believe Trump only hope would be is getting Kasich Delegates while offering Kasich the VP spot, and if done that way then yeah I can see it, but any other way there is no way he will get the nod...
Little Marco has similar or more delegates. Funny how they get to keep them though so they can make a deal.

Trump currently has 755 delegates. Cruz has 545. Rubio has 171. Kasich has 143.

There are 95 delegates up for grabs in New York next Tuesday.

The following week, there are 172 up for grabs in Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Connecticut.

I don't believe that Trump can lose at this stage of the game. It looks like the voting trend has been set, and his supporters aren't going to quit him now. The Trump push for the White House is well on the way to victory. He speaks America's language, and America is sick and tired of "politics as usual" in Washington.

I dont give a shit what some member says. The nominee must get 1237 votes, period no exception.

This is only rumor but something big is supposed to go down after New York in regards to Trump. I don't know what it is yet, but rumor is that Manafort is working on something called the "172 Plan" See below:

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 10.51.38 AM.png

In other words the fix is in to steal it without a majority.

If he doesn't get the delegates, he won't win.

This is only rumor but something big is supposed to go down after New York in regards to Trump. I don't know what it is yet, but rumor is that Manafort is working on something called the "172 Plan" See below:

View attachment 71183

In other words, they are trying to do what you've been whining would be unfair if Cruz did it.

There are two voters in New York who won't be voting for The Donald next Tuesday.

His daughter and his son.

The dipshits, who have been campaigning for their dad, telling people to get out and vote, failed to register as Republicans in time to vote in the primary.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Cruz has struck again! The fix is in!

Rabbi, it is most likely that NO ONE goes into Cleveland with 1237. The question then becomes - assuming Trump has a significant lead with 1100 delegates bound to him on the first ballot - the party is willing to tear itself apart by denying him the nomination.

First, the guy was stating his opinion. Second, his opinion was that if Trump came within a hair's breadth of the necessary 1237 delegates, the GOP wouldn't dare steal the nomination away from Trump with parliamentary parlor tricks.

Rabbi, it is most likely that NO ONE goes into Cleveland with 1237. The question then becomes - assuming Trump has a significant lead with 1100 delegates bound to him on the first ballot - the party is willing to tear itself apart by denying him the nomination.
Exactly.

The RNC is going to change the rules to benefit Trump?
The rules committee doesn't have to change the rules. And, the rules committee member Evans said on Morning Joe that the rules committee doesn't have the power to change rules at this point. Only the candidate with 1237 votes can change it now, so they're stuck with Mitt's changes to require every person's name put in nomination having won 8 states.

But, they can agree to cobble together 127 unpledged delegates for Trump on round one, or agree to help him do it on round two

First, the guy was stating his opinion. Second, his opinion was that if Trump came within a hair's breadth of the necessary 1237 delegates, the GOP wouldn't dare steal the nomination away from Trump with parliamentary parlor tricks.

Parlor tricks being the now unbound delegates no longer want to vote for him?

The GOP has already blown itself up. It doesn't matter wetherDonald gets the nom or not.

Trump is a symptom of the diseased state of the GOP. Too many years of ignoring the voters, ignoring the base, and caving to the democrats at every turn.

Parlor tricks being the now unbound delegates no longer want to vote for him?
Exactly. If I'm a delegate from Colo and not bound to anyone, I tell Drumpf to go Drumpf himself. And find his needed delegates elsewhere.

Forum List

Back