Trump calling people son of a bitch for exercising their first amendment rights is beyond the pale

If they are on the field, in uniform, they are on the clock.

(wonder if you believe they don't get paid for practice?)
They get paid to play football not stroke your patriot hard on.

exactly

they get paid to play football.

Not protest,

Not drop a knee.

play

Before they start playing, they are free to not stand for the anthem if they want to. You really want to compel patriotism?

That smells like Nazi spirit.

and your post sounds like idiocy.

are they free?

only because their employers aren't fining them for their actions.

they are on the field, they are in uniform, they are required to abide by the rules and guidelines set by those who pay them.

If they are off the field, in 'civilian' activities, they have the freedom you claim
UNLIKE basketball there is NO RULE stating FB players have to stand for the anthem

if they are on the clock, they have to follow the employers rules.

when/if the employers make a rule that bending a knee is a finable offense, will you protest?

The clock doesn't start until the whistle blows.
If they are on the field, in uniform, they are on the clock.

(wonder if you believe they don't get paid for practice?)

Perhaps you can show us in the NFL Rulebook where it states anything about a national anthem.

Ever see a referee run on the field and flag a band, saying "illegal procedure --- playing national anthem in wrong key, repeat second down"?

Just explain to us what role a national anthem has in either (a) moving a ball toward an end zone, or (b) preventing that movement.

is the thread about dropping a knee, or the National Anthem.

(if you want a thread about the National Anthem, start one)
Actually this thread is about Trump channeling Hillary :badgrin:

I don't get it. What's the reference? :dunno:

Still no answer.

We sit, and we wait.

Trump is betting that a majority of Americans agree with him, and that they just won't say so in public because of the various PC commandments.

He very well may be right.

He may be, on the maxim that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

Just as there may be a con artist who can sell the proverbial deep freezer to an Eskimo.

exactly

Not protest,

Not drop a knee.

play

Before they start playing, they are free to not stand for the anthem if they want to. You really want to compel patriotism?

are they free?

they are on the field, they are in uniform, they are required to abide by the rules and guidelines set by those who pay them.

If they are off the field, in 'civilian' activities, they have the freedom you claim
UNLIKE basketball there is NO RULE stating FB players have to stand for the anthem

when/if the employers make a rule that bending a knee is a finable offense, will you protest?

Again -- the national anthem is not "on the clock". It's not related to the game at all. I invited you to answer how it is, and you ran away. Not that there IS an answer but you ran away without acknowledging that there isn't one.

So no, it's not "on the clock", and standing or sitting or squatting or lying or striking a yoga posture during a national anthem is personal expression. That's what you're trying to "enforce" here with your puerile threats of "fines" and "being fired". It's thought control, and that's all it is. And that's indefensible.

exactly

Not protest,

Not drop a knee.

play

are they free?

As a veteran and a patriot, I'd set up a "Go Fund Me" to offset the fines.

Veterans defend Kaepernick on social media - CNN

exactly

Not protest,

Not drop a knee.

play

are they free?

Again -- the national anthem is not "on the clock". It's not related to the game at all. I invited you to answer how it is, and you ran away. Not that there IS an answer but you ran away without acknowledging that there isn't one.

So no, it's not "on the clock", and standing or sitting or squatting or lying or striking a yoga posture during a national anthem is personal expression. That's what you're trying to "enforce" here with your puerile threats of "fines" and "being fired". It's thought control, and that's all it is. And that's indefensible.

it's not on the clock?

hmmm...

players are in the stadium, in uniform, and getting paid, ergo, 'on the clock.'

and, again...

if you want to start a thread about the Anthem, feel free to start one.

so far, all you're doing is attempting to derail this one

are they free?

it's not on the clock?

hmmm...

and, again...

You're actually not aware that football games have a clock?? :wtf:

I mean that's the whole thing that makes football, basketball and hockey inferior to baseball.

If the national anthem isn't directly related to the topic here, you need to go learn how to read.

exactly

Not protest,

Not drop a knee.

play

are they free?

As a veteran and a patriot, I'd set up a "Go Fund Me" to offset the fines.

Veterans defend Kaepernick on social media - CNN

Feel free to donate your entire paycheck.

th

The NFL has never received a dime from me, to my knowledge, and never will

are they free?

it's not on the clock?

hmmm...

and, again...

You're actually not aware that football games have a clock?? :wtf:

I mean that's the whole thing that makes football, basketball and hockey inferior to baseball.

If the national anthem isn't directly related to the topic here, you need to go learn how to read.
You're actually not aware that football games have a clock??

Immaterial to the discussion.

the players are on the field, in uniform.

I've know how to read.

and I can see derailment when it occurs.

I've know how to read.

Apparently not.

What the fuck was Rump referring to here??

AND I QUOTE.
"“When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they’re playing our great national anthem. The only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium."

See if you can find the key words. Sorry I can't make them BLINK for you.

Holy SHIT that was mindless denialism.

Wow, can it get more stewpyd. Raising a fuss about players exercising their first amendment rights during the national anthem and nobody has once bitched about beer sales going on during the national anthem. And I would pay good money to see Trump call even the smallest NFL player an SOB to their face.

I've know how to read.

Apparently not.

What the fuck was Rump referring to here??

AND I QUOTE.
"“When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they’re playing our great national anthem. The only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium."

See if you can find the key words. Sorry I can't make them BLINK for you.

Holy SHIT that was mindless denialism.

seriously, switch to decaf.

By taking a knee they are protesting the anthem, the flag, and the country, and they are insulting the very people that are paying their outrageous salaries.

As I stated before, I have never invested a dime, to my knowledge, to the NFL, have never watched a game in my 67 years of life, and I find their actions disgusting.

If you are more disgusted with the Anthem being played than those that disrespect it and the flag, you're not worth responding to.

Wow, can it get more stewpyd. Raising a fuss about players exercising their first amendment rights during the national anthem and nobody has once bitched about beer sales going on during the national anthem. And I would pay good money to see Trump call even the smallest NFL player an SOB to their face.
Good to see you Winston.

Forum List

Back