Trump blames Obama for London embassy move..............

Sounds like diplomacy to me.

Openly admitting that the US UK alliance can't withstand a US president that isn't politically correct, would be a serious and negative milestone.

It is true, but openly admitting it would be problematic.

The UK is fucked up.
The fat senile hog in the White House is seriously fucked up. The real reason is that there would have been major anti-Trump demonstrations, not anti-American, but anti-Trump.

You guys aren't worried about Trump getting his "facts" wrong concerning why the embassy was moved?

If he got his facts right on it, would it have mattered to you?

I expect a person who is leading this country to ALWAYS have their facts straight. I also expected that of every commanding officer I ever worked for. Most of them were decent officers, but I have worked for some idiots that I had to correct on a regular basis.

Trump is worse than those crappy officers.

If he got his facts right and said a real reason why he wasn't going, I'd have no problem.

I have a problem with his lying while trying to save face. Britain doesn't want him, and he doesn't want to go to a place he's not going to be fawned over. He should have cited security concerns (would have been more believable), but no, he had to say the reason he's not going is because Obama moved the embassy to a worse location (he didn't, it was Jr, and it was because of security concerns), and sold the building for peanuts. None of that is true in the least.
Incompetent officers get men killed. Incompetent political leaders create depressions and anarchy.

You guys aren't worried about Trump getting his "facts" wrong concerning why the embassy was moved?

It would set an important precedent.
Trump is already an important President! ;)
You should have hidden those words in a longer post. As they are, they are too easy to read at a glance, thus inducing spit takes.

from info posted by others and shown just above in post number 16 the whole fiasco was 'hussein obamas' fault B.S..

Sounds like diplomacy to me.

Openly admitting that the US UK alliance can't withstand a US president that isn't politically correct, would be a serious and negative milestone.

It is true, but openly admitting it would be problematic.

The UK is fucked up.
The fat senile hog in the White House is seriously fucked up. The real reason is that there would have been major anti-Trump demonstrations, not anti-American, but anti-Trump.
------------------------------ so what , and even if true , so what , let the'muslim' riots happen OldRocks .

from info posted by others and shown just above in post number 16 the whole fiasco was 'hussein obamas' fault B.S..

Keep your head in the sand if that is what makes you happy. Nope, you can't blame it on Obama, no matter how much your Orange Jesus tells you it's true.

They won't be muslim, they will be regular British Citizens that intensely dislike President Pussy Grabber. Like the Scot that regularly flies a Mexican flag every time that Trump visits his golf course.

Keep your head in the sand if that is what makes you happy. Nope, you can't blame it on Obama, no matter how much your Orange Jesus tells you it's true.
---------------------------- as i said before in this thread , its an unimportant topic and Who Cares B.S. ??

They won't be muslim, they will be regular British Citizens that intensely dislike President Pussy Grabber. Like the Scot that regularly flies a Mexican flag every time that Trump visits his golf course.
--------------------------------- THEY won't be English OldRocks

---------------------------- as i said before in this thread , its an unimportant topic and Who Cares B.S. ??
Just a quick aside...

Do you think Great Britain is an important world ally?

if asking me , let me say SURE . Course if the USA can't do things on its own with out these 'gb' wankers then what good is the USA Nosmo ??

Wow................every day it seems that Trump just can't seem to get facts right anymore.

He's decided to cancel his London visit which was supposed to be for the ribbon cutting on the new embassy. He's refusing because he thinks that the old embassy was in a great location as well as seems to be a bit butt hurt that it was moved (he thinks) because of Obama.

Only problem is, they decided to move the embassy under Jr. when they figured out that the old embassy was in a place that could be attacked easily.

But, Trump keeps on with blaming Obama. Guess the reason is because it plays so well to his racist base to keep blaming the black man. Just when you thought he couldn't become any more petty, he sets the bar lower still.

Trump cancels London trip, blames Obama for embassy deal

LONDON — President Donald Trump has canceled a trip to London to open the new U.S. Embassy, blaming the Obama administration for selling the old building in the city for "peanuts."

He criticized the move from "perhaps the best located and finest embassy," even though the relocation was initiated under the George W. Bush administration in 2008 amid wider security concerns after terror attacks such as the 1998 embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya.

Trump's decision was greeted with relief by London's Mayor Sadiq Khan, who said the president had "finally got the message" that he was not welcome in the British capital.

He said on Twitter: "Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for 'peanuts,' only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal."

An embassy statement said the cost of the new building had been funded entirely from the proceeds of the sale of other U.S. government properties in London and "not through appropriated funds."

So let's see, Benghazi was a fake 'investigation' into not the president at the time but the Secretary of State, whom they said didn't do enough for security at our embassies. Now they want to blame Obama for moving the embassy in London to a safer place even though Shrub ordered it because of concerns about security.

Can you appreciate the level of self-induced insanity in these people and their pathologic hatred of the black president. It isn't just Lying Trump, the whole Republican party is mentally sick.

Of course not, that is what defines them as deplorable.
I already set the FACTS straight. Obama is the one that finalized and signed the deal. Not Bush

Obama was saddled with enough on his plate when he took office in Jan. 2009. Signing off on a project put in motion by his predecessor is hardly malfeasance.

Your effort to spin this issue and protect Trump is hilarious, Trump is a chronic liar as well as sanctimonious and ill informed.

It would set an important precedent.

Says the lefty that just admitted that it would not matter to him either.

We are all in agreement that this is insignificant.

BUt some people have to pretend outrage over EVERYTHING that Trump does. Or does not do.

None of this matters.

In less than 6 months Britain will have a Communist government (they'll call it "Labour") with Red Jeremy as PM and there will be no need for an embassy.
And more muslims then you can shake a Koran at!

Forum List

Back