Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Yes...this is the nightmare for the alt/right regarding Trump--he might revert back to the New York liberal he truly is. What if he bans high capacity mags and re-institutes the assault weapons ban? As for Congress..the NRA is strong--but the desire for the Republicans in contested districts to win is even higher. If a bit of pandering to the anti-gun crowd will secure reelection, they'll go for it.

If he does that, the Republican Party pretty much just died. Conservatives will not vote for gun controllers and the moderate voters typically vote Democrat. That leaves the Republicans with nobody to vote for them.
Bummer.

Trump just announced he signed an order to ban devices which turn guns in to automatic weapons. Ordered DOJ to start the process. The result of an investigation he ordered months ago. Done more than Obamakov ever did on gun control.

And he's meeting with all stakeholders in the next few weeks.
the left doesn't care, they are spinning it as bad news, to them.

anyway, just another run at the 2nd that succeeded.
how is having a bump stock part of the 2nd amendment? if you go that route then do you believe fully automatic weapons should be readily available also?

you can't have a fully automatic weapon. bump stocks allow you to. you're pretty stupid to do this because you have zero capability to simply AIM now, but you're working around the system. why is stopping people from working around the system a violation of the 2nd amendment unless you do believe we should have fully automatic weapons?

The only thing I would say is he needs to get something in return.

National reciprocity, or national minimum standards for ease of gun access. Eliminate laws like NYC's sullivan law that allows the government creeps to force a person to wait 3-6 months and pay $600 in fees for a freaking home only revolver permit.
in a typical fashion i could see that. but knowing trump this will come up later when he does want something.

and i do feel for ya in trying to simply get a pistol. that is freaking crazy one state can make you wait 3-6 minutes and the other never allow it.

Thanks, and it's not even a semi-auto pistol, it's for a freaking revolver.

Good reason to ban high capacity magazines.
And people say its bullshit when i say "you give them an inch and they will take a mile" :rolleyes:
We had limits before. It has never been so clear we need them now. Only people who are planning a mass shooting should be upset by it.
What about gun free zones, you know they are memorials to Dead kids everywhere
Like the WH? Like Congress? Like the Daytona 500?

Trump just announced he signed an order to ban devices which turn guns in to automatic weapons. Ordered DOJ to start the process. The result of an investigation he ordered months ago. Done more than Obamakov ever did on gun control.

And he's meeting with all stakeholders in the next few weeks.

how is having a bump stock part of the 2nd amendment? if you go that route then do you believe fully automatic weapons should be readily available also?

you can't have a fully automatic weapon. bump stocks allow you to. you're pretty stupid to do this because you have zero capability to simply AIM now, but you're working around the system. why is stopping people from working around the system a violation of the 2nd amendment unless you do believe we should have fully automatic weapons?

National reciprocity, or national minimum standards for ease of gun access. Eliminate laws like NYC's sullivan law that allows the government creeps to force a person to wait 3-6 months and pay $600 in fees for a freaking home only revolver permit.
in a typical fashion i could see that. but knowing trump this will come up later when he does want something.

and i do feel for ya in trying to simply get a pistol. that is freaking crazy one state can make you wait 3-6 minutes and the other never allow it.

people can still fire 12 rounds in just a few seconds with them. :)

and the strangest thing is it makes it easier to get a high powered rifle (alebit bolt action) which in a urban situation has a far greater chance of unintended damage if you use it for self defense, in say an apartment.

and the strangest thing is it makes it easier to get a high powered rifle (alebit bolt action) which in a urban situation has a far greater chance of unintended damage if you use it for self defense, in say an apartment.
That is what is sad about guin ownership today! A good percent of our population lives in an urban environment and did not grow up with fire arms. Alot of owners do not know the right tool for the job. A high powered rifle is not typically the best for protection of an apartment a shot gun or pistol is better in most situations for an apartment and a good dog goes along with any good defense. You can not shoot them if ya can not here them. A dog will wake you up and cover your six!

Where is the NRA on this
Surprisingly, the NRA supported banning bump stocks right after Vegas, and they support tougher background checks now.

Too bad that even the politicians they donated to don't seem to care about this.

Not saying I support the NRA though, because they don't support law-abiding gun owners who are black.

Where is the NRA on this
Surprisingly, the NRA supported banning bump stocks right after Vegas, and they support tougher background checks now.

Too bad that even the politicians they donated to don't seem to care about this.

Not saying I support the NRA though, because they don't support law-abiding gun owners who are black.
NRA supported looking into it

Forum List

Back