Trump Asks African American Reporter To Set Up A Meeting For Him With ‘The Black Caucus’

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Wow :lol:

Trump asks African-American reporter to set up meeting with black lawmakers

Late in a rollicking and unexpected news conference, Trump took a question from Ryan, who asked about his campaign promise to revitalize the American urban centers he frequently described in bleak terms.

Trump responded first by telling Ryan that her question was “very professional and very good,” then claimed he received “a much higher percentage of the African-American vote than a lot of people thought” because of his attention to the “inner cities.”

When questioned on whether he planned to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African-American lawmakers on Capitol Hill, Trump asked Ryan if she would organize it herself.

“I’ll tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?” he said. “Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?

Ryan replied: “No,” adding that she was “just a reporter.”

“Set up the meeting,” Trump continued. “Let’s go, set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the black caucus. I think it’s great. The Congressional Black Caucus.”

• Banned
Trump: You all know each other, right? Be a good girl and set up the meeting

Trump: You all know each other, right? Be a good girl and set up the meeting

"Hey, you know The Blacks, right? You all live together in the projects, right? Why don't we all have a meeting, all five of us. It'll be amazing, incredible bigly. Maybe I'll even let you count my money. But you're still not moving into my buildings."

Forum List

Back