Trump; African Americans deserve better

Jingo-ism... platitudes and broad, sweeping generalities without substance... policies "T(o) B(e) D(etermined)...

TBD... the Heart of the Trump Campaign... "trust me"...
So....you trust Hillary? Please! what has to happen to your life in order for you to see the damage to our economy the democrats have done? Obama said in 2008 "give me a trillion dollars and we will rebuild our infrastructure". Instead of doing what he promised he gave the money to the public sector unions to keep them from losing their jobs. Now Hillary is promising the same things almost word for word. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
Trust Hillary?

Hardly.

It's just that, as much as I mistrust her, I trust Trump even less; damned-near by an order of magnitude.

It's a common reaction when dealing with people like Trump who have no filters and who so often fail to 'engage brain before opening mouth'.

Rick Snyder is the governor of Michigan. He didn't add cops to Detroit he cut back! Republicans talk but don't walk the walk.

Don't blame liberals because Detroit elected a business friendly mayor who is not corrupt and he's doing a lot for Detroit. Republicans haven't done shit for Detroit.

They take money away from those who need it the most

Rick Synder isn't the MAYOR of Detroit, you lying fucktard.

democrat Mike Duggan is, shit fer brains. ONLY he can determine the hiring policy of the city.
They only have so much money especially when the state cuts off funding especially when we lost our manufacturing base.

People are so stupid.

I haven't seen an economy that has improved and helped the black community under the leadership of President Obama

I'm surprised to see you write that for you live more or less where I do. Surely you must know some black folks living in these areas or others like them for there's no shortage of solidly middle and upper middle class blacks in the D.C to Baltimore area:
  • Largo, MD, Upper Marlboro, MD, Bowie, MD areas including:
    • Mitchellville/Woodmore, MD
    • Kettering, MD
  • Traditionally black middle class D.C. neighborhoods like:
    • "Gold Coast", DC
    • North Portal, DC
    • Hillcrest, DC
  • Fort Washington, MD and nearby areas like:
    • Friendly, MD
    • Clinton, MD
    • Oxon Hill, MD
    • Rosaryville, MD
Those are just the predominantly black areas I know of before even considering non-black areas around D.C. I won't go so far as to say the blacks whom I know in the D.C. area are "shouting with glee," but the general feeling and chit-chat I hear is far from the "can barely make ends meet; haven't had a raise in years" story that so often one sees expressed on USMB.

Those [blacks] who have seen their "Hope and Change" pass them by over the last 8 years, those African Americans who would like order restored to their community of violent rioters and business arsonists, those who would like the parents to have a choice in the kind of education their kids receive as opposed to union organizers getting rich at their expense identify with what Trump is saying.

Well, the African Americans I know well and the areas in which they live that I know about don't strike me as crime ridden.

I can say that several black folks with whom I've spoken -- folks with whom I grew up and have known since I was a kid (I'm nearly 60 now) and the parents of children I mentor -- about Trump have all said they were last year willing to give Trump a chance, a few were optimistic about him, but for as often as he comes and has come to D.C., he's not once made an effort to speak to blacks in D.C. I mean really, the D.C./Balto area, has enough black folks in it to have put Maryland "in play" for Trump. He's come to D.C. a lot; NYC is just 30 minutes away by plane, yet he made no effort at all to win D.C.'s 19 GOP primary delegates.

Statistics don't look good in a comparison to other races with the same opportunity.

Are you saying this with regard to the D.C./MD area?
The other black folks whom I know somewhat well live in NY, MA, CA and GA. From them I get about the same vibes I do from the D.C. area black folks whom I know best. With the exception of my mentorees' parents in D.C., nearly all the black whom I know are solidly middle class folks. Perhaps that's the thing making the difference?

Trump....one America...standing together...not against each other...working together to make America great again.

Yet the asshole does all he can to divide America with his White Nationalist movement. You gullible types will fall for a con man like Trump every single time.

Vote for Trump is vote for two headed AA families, which actually work for the families and the kids... Even if it doesn't for the democrat plantation owners.

Vote for truth instead of lies... and lost lives.

Jingo-ism... platitudes and broad, sweeping generalities without substance... policies "T(o) B(e) D(etermined)...

TBD... the Heart of the Trump Campaign... "trust me"...
So....you trust Hillary? Please! what has to happen to your life in order for you to see the damage to our economy the democrats have done? Obama said in 2008 "give me a trillion dollars and we will rebuild our infrastructure". Instead of doing what he promised he gave the money to the public sector unions to keep them from losing their jobs. Now Hillary is promising the same things almost word for word. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
Trust Hillary?

Hardly.

It's just that, as much as I mistrust her, I trust Trump even less; damned-near by an order of magnitude.

It's a common reaction when dealing with people like Trump who have no filters and who so often fail to 'engage brain before opening mouth'.
Hitlery can't do it without you....

I haven't seen an economy that has improved and helped the black community under the leadership of President Obama

I'm surprised to see you write that for you live more or less where I do. Surely you must know some black folks living in these areas or others like them for there's no shortage of solidly middle and upper middle class blacks in the D.C to Baltimore area:
    • Kettering, MD
    • "Gold Coast", DC
    • North Portal, DC
    • Hillcrest, DC
    • Friendly, MD
    • Clinton, MD
    • Oxon Hill, MD
    • Rosaryville, MD
Those are just the predominantly black areas I know of before even considering non-black areas around D.C. I won't go so far as to say the blacks whom I know in the D.C. area are "shouting with glee," but the general feeling and chit-chat I hear is far from the "can barely make ends meet; haven't had a raise in years" story that so often one sees expressed on USMB.

Those [blacks] who have seen their "Hope and Change" pass them by over the last 8 years, those African Americans who would like order restored to their community of violent rioters and business arsonists, those who would like the parents to have a choice in the kind of education their kids receive as opposed to union organizers getting rich at their expense identify with what Trump is saying.

Well, the African Americans I know well and the areas in which they live that I know about don't strike me as crime ridden.

I can say that several black folks with whom I've spoken -- folks with whom I grew up and have known since I was a kid (I'm nearly 60 now) and the parents of children I mentor -- about Trump have all said they were last year willing to give Trump a chance, a few were optimistic about him, but for as often as he comes and has come to D.C., he's not once made an effort to speak to blacks in D.C. I mean really, the D.C./Balto area, has enough black folks in it to have put Maryland "in play" for Trump. He's come to D.C. a lot; NYC is just 30 minutes away by plane, yet he made no effort at all to win D.C.'s 19 GOP primary delegates.

Statistics don't look good in a comparison to other races with the same opportunity.

The other black folks whom I know somewhat well live in NY, MA, CA and GA. From them I get about the same vibes I do from the D.C. area black folks whom I know best. With the exception of my mentorees' parents in D.C., nearly all the black whom I know are solidly middle class folks. Perhaps that's the thing making the difference?

I'm saying that it hasn't looked good for African Americans nationally and in general, despite being under President Obama, even while Harry Reed and Nancy Pelosi was in power in the legislative.

The black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent when Mr. Obama took office. While the unemployment rate in the U.S. as a whole is below 8 percent, the Labor Department reported the black jobless rate was up from 12.9 percent to 14 percent for December.
The worst during Mr Obama’s first term was in September 2011, with 16.7 percent unemployment for blacks — the highest since 1983, the Department of Labor reports. The black teen jobless rate hit a staggering 39.3 percent in July 2012.
NAACP president: Black people worse off under Obama

When Obama entered office on January 20, 2009, U.S. unemployment stood at 7.8 percent. By April 2014, that Bureau of Labor Statistics figure had fallen to 6.3 percent — a modest improvement. Among blacks overall, joblessness dropped, though less significantly — from 12.7 to 11.6 percent. But for blacks aged 16 to 19, unemployment grew from 35.3 to 36.8 percent.
While 29.6 percent of blacks aged 16 to 19 were working when Obama took power, only 27.9 percent were employed last
Poverty has increased under Obama. Overall, 14.3 percent of Americans were below the poverty line in January 2009, versus 15.0 percent in 2012, according to the latest available data from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey. Similarly, the share of black Americans living in poverty expanded from 25.8 to 27.2 percent.
Inflation-adjusted median household income fell across America, from $53,285 in 2009 to $51,017 in 2012, the most recent Census Bureau data indicate. Blacks slid, too, from $34,880 to $33,321 — and at a much lower income level.

Read more at: Black Americans Are Worse Off Under Obama, by Deroy Murdock, National Review

People of color are especially hard-hit. Young black college grads have an unemployment rate of 9.4 percent, compared with 8.9 percent in April 2007.

Welcome to the job market, class of 2016: It still stinks

Where is the evidence that the lives of Aftican Americans have drastically improved while under those Democrats they trusted with their vote? I'd say they have been taken for granted and taken advantage with promises the Democrats haven't lived up to.

Trump....one America...standing together...not against each other...working together to make America great again.

Yet the asshole does all he can to divide America with his White Nationalist movement. You gullible types will fall for a con man like Trump every single time.

I seem to recall Obama being very successful at dividing America with his rhetoric. He loves putting groups up against one another, and used it while trying to push his policies. I haven't seen a clear cut example where you can say Obama was for unifying the American people when it came to promoting his positions.

• Kettering, MD
    • "Gold Coast", DC
    • North Portal, DC
    • Hillcrest, DC
    • Friendly, MD
    • Clinton, MD
    • Oxon Hill, MD
    • Rosaryville, MD

Blacks in the DC metro plantation have no voice.....it's quite the democrat racist enclave.....

• Kettering, MD
    • "Gold Coast", DC
    • North Portal, DC
    • Hillcrest, DC
    • Friendly, MD
    • Clinton, MD
    • Oxon Hill, MD
    • Rosaryville, MD

Blacks in the DC metro plantation have no voice.....it's quite the democrat racist enclave.....

Well historically and intentionally, the people who live in DC are not represented specifically in Congress as the state's are. DC was established so as to not give any state bragging rights or lay claim to being the home of the nation's capital.

I'm saying that it hasn't looked good for African Americans nationally and in general, despite being under President Obama, even while Harry Reed and Nancy Pelosi was in power in the legislative.

The black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent when Mr. Obama took office. While the unemployment rate in the U.S. as a whole is below 8 percent, the Labor Department reported the black jobless rate was up from 12.9 percent to 14 percent for December.
The worst during Mr Obama’s first term was in September 2011, with 16.7 percent unemployment for blacks — the highest since 1983, the Department of Labor reports. The black teen jobless rate hit a staggering 39.3 percent in July 2012.

When Obama entered office on January 20, 2009, U.S. unemployment stood at 7.8 percent. By April 2014, that Bureau of Labor Statistics figure had fallen to 6.3 percent — a modest improvement. Among blacks overall, joblessness dropped, though less significantly — from 12.7 to 11.6 percent. But for blacks aged 16 to 19, unemployment grew from 35.3 to 36.8 percent.
While 29.6 percent of blacks aged 16 to 19 were working when Obama took power, only 27.9 percent were employed last
Poverty has increased under Obama. Overall, 14.3 percent of Americans were below the poverty line in January 2009, versus 15.0 percent in 2012, according to the latest available data from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey. Similarly, the share of black Americans living in poverty expanded from 25.8 to 27.2 percent.
Inflation-adjusted median household income fell across America, from $53,285 in 2009 to $51,017 in 2012, the most recent Census Bureau data indicate. Blacks slid, too, from $34,880 to $33,321 — and at a much lower income level.

Read more at: Black Americans Are Worse Off Under Obama, by Deroy Murdock, National Review

People of color are especially hard-hit. Young black college grads have an unemployment rate of 9.4 percent, compared with 8.9 percent in April 2007.

Where is the evidence that the lives of Aftican Americans have drastically improved while under those Democrats they trusted with their vote? I'd say they have been taken for granted and taken advantage with promises the Democrats haven't lived up to.

Red:
January 2016 to February 2016 must have been one hell of a good month for black folks' employment.

160315142609-chart-unemployment-rate-falls-780x439.jpg

Blue:
Hey there, Rip van Winkle, wake up, wake up....the date on that article: January 2013.

Green:
Rip, Rip...wake up....May 2014.

160315142616-chart-median-income-for-blacks-780x439.jpg

Other:
FWIW, here's the EPI study on which the CBS News article is based.

Red:
January 2016 to February 2016 must have been one hell of a good month for black folks' employment.

Blue:
Hey there, Rip van Winkle, wake up, wake up....the date on that article: January 2013.

Green:

Other:

2016 must have been a very good year as UNDERemployment in February stood at 15.9%. Also don't try to BS me about college grads having it easy finding work when they graduate - they don't.

Underemployment rate of workers age 16 and older by race and ethnicity, 2000–2016 | State of Working America

Last edited:

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Other:

February must have been a very good year as UNDERemployment stood at 15.9% during that time. Also don't try to BS me about college grads having it easy finding work when they graduate - they don't.

Underemployment rate of workers age 16 and older by race and ethnicity, 2000–2016 | State of Working America

Okay...Look, you can toy with others if you want, but don't do that with me. Your post above addressed unemployment. Now you've shifted to citing underemployment figures.

What do you want to discuss: black unemployment, black underemployment? I'm fine with discussing either or both, but only coherently. Pick one, discuss it and be done. Then discuss the other one. Draw reasonable supportable inferences about black folks based on unemployment data, or based on underemployment data, or by synthesizing the data from both circumstances.

I don't mind having the discussion, but your remaking on the overall topic from one context, black unemployment, which I then address and to which you do not directly respond, only to have you in turn shift to a wholly different context, underemployment, is just not a mode of discussion I am willing to be party to. That's the type of incoherence to which I refer above.

Stuff I'm writing only because I don't recall having ever interacted with you on USMB, so perhaps you are different than are the bulk of folks who enter into discussions here:
You initially presented a set of stats that I showed are out of date. You haven't even the decency and maturity to acknowledge that. It doesn't take much to do that. For example:
"You're right. My figures were outdated. I have looked at the Census data that is current as given by the graph you shared. (those data are here: [insert link to data]) Looking at them, one sees 'such and such.' Accordingly, it's reasonable to infer XYZ...."​
Either of us may come by old data. It's not that big a deal, but it is something that must be recognized and accepted by whichever party makes the mistake so we both can agree on it and move on using a common data set. That doesn't happen when, upon learning of an error, one party shifts the context to something new.

I don't know what kind of discussion you aim to have or are used to having. I aim to have a mature one whereby the parties to it:
  • Identify the situation that exists.
  • Identify and agree upon the nature of the desired situation.
  • Posit approaches to achieving that desired end state.
  • Discuss and agree upon the pros and cons of the various approaches.
  • Identify and agree upon the best and most reasonably implementable approach, which may in fact not be exclusively what you or I would choose were we each left entirely to our own devices to select and implement a solution.
I'm not looking to win or lose a debate, or even make the discussion a "zero sum" one of any sort. I'm interested in discussing ways to solve problems and achieve material and measurable results.

Now if you want to engage in "dueling statistics," "conservatives/liberals 'this and that'" and other silly sh*t discussions, fine. Just do that with someone other than me because that crap is boring and annoying all at the same time.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Other:

February must have been a very good year as UNDERemployment stood at 15.9% during that time. Also don't try to BS me about college grads having it easy finding work when they graduate - they don't.

Okay...Look, you can toy with others if you want, but don't do that with me. Your post above addressed unemployment. Now you've shifted to citing underemployment figures.

What do you want to discuss: black unemployment, black underemployment? I'm fine with discussing either or both, but only coherently. Pick one, discuss it and be done. Then discuss the other one. Draw reasonable supportable inferences about black folks based on unemployment data, or based on underemployment data, or by synthesizing the data from both circumstances.

I don't mind having the discussion, but your remaking on the overall topic from one context, black unemployment, which I then address and to which you do not directly respond, only to have you in turn shift to a wholly different context, underemployment, is just not a mode of discussion I am willing to be party to. That's the type of incoherence to which I refer above.

Stuff I'm writing only because I don't recall having ever interacted with you on USMB, so perhaps you are different than are the bulk of folks who enter into discussions here:
You initially presented a set of stats that I showed are out of date. You haven't even the decency and maturity to acknowledge that. It doesn't take much to do that. For example:
"You're right. My figures were outdated. I have looked at the Census data that is current as given by the graph you shared. (those data are here: [insert link to data]) Looking at them, one sees 'such and such.' Accordingly, it's reasonable to infer XYZ...."​
Either of us may come by old data. It's not that big a deal, but it is something that must be recognized and accepted by whichever party makes the mistake so we both can agree on it and move on using a common data set. That doesn't happen when, upon learning of an error, one party shifts the context to something new.

I don't know what kind of discussion you aim to have or are used to having. I aim to have a mature one whereby the parties to it:
  • Identify and agree upon the best and most reasonably implementable approach, which may in fact not be exclusively what you or I would choose were we each left entirely to our own devices to select and implement a solution.
I'm not looking to win or lose a debate, or even make the discussion a "zero sum" one of any sort. I'm interested in discussing ways to solve problems and achieve material and measurable results.

Now if you want to engage in "dueling statistics," "conservatives/liberals 'this and that'" and other silly sh*t discussions, fine. Just do that with someone other than me because that crap is boring and annoying all at the same time.
What are you being paid to discuss? Blacks have been decimated under Obama....it's sad.....

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Other:

What are you being paid to discuss? Blacks have been decimated under Obama....it's sad.....

Red:
Nothing that I discuss on USMB.

They only have so much money especially when the state cuts off funding especially when we lost our manufacturing base.

People are so stupid.

Cities are NOT subsidiaries of states, retard.

That you have no grasp how government works explains WHY you are a Communist.

The State has zero, zilch, zip, nada, to do with the staffing of police in Detroit.

The MOST that would happen are grants for special functions. Police are funded by local sales and property taxes, along with fees and fines.

Take an introductory to civics class, you drooling retard. You are an insult to Chimps the world around, Silly Bonobo..

Yet the asshole does all he can to divide America with his White Nationalist movement. You gullible types will fall for a con man like Trump every single time
Oh shut up racist stop dividing people by color. Obama has been the most divisive president in our history. Color color color give it up already. If I had a nickle for every time a liberal has pulled the skin color card on this board I'd be as rich as Trump. Liberals are the most racist people on the planet.

Yet the asshole does all he can to divide America with his White Nationalist movement. You gullible types will fall for a con man like Trump every single time
Oh shut up racist stop dividing people by color. Obama has been the most divisive president in our history. Color color color give it up already. If I had a nickle for every time a liberal has pulled the skin color card on this board I'd be as rich as Trump. Liberals are the most racist people on the planet.

:lol: So sayeth the fool from the all white party .. that's sinking like the Titanic.

Forum List

Back