True story about wait times in U.S.

The clinic I go to for my doctor has doctors quitting left and right, because it's a clinic that follows a similar plan to Obama's bill. They charge sliding scale and take any health coverage (which is why I go there, and they have a doctor I trust now). The doctors are quitting because they can't afford to keep working there.

OK fool NONE of that is in the plan

I dont know why my wait times have increased this year for the first time since i've gone for my bi annual echocardiograms. All I know is that from 1996 when my heart issue was fist identified till last year it took 1-2 weeks to get an appointment. Then all of a sudden a little under 2 years into my state's state sponosored healthcare initiative my wait time jumped to 3 months.

I would say its safe to assume its a lack of doctors but i dont claim, as others do, to know the ONE and ONLY reason this is so.

The clinic I go to for my doctor has doctors quitting left and right, because it's a clinic that follows a similar plan to Obama's bill. They charge sliding scale and take any health coverage (which is why I go there, and they have a doctor I trust now). The doctors are quitting because they can't afford to keep working there.

OK fool NONE of that is in the plan

I said similar ... did I not? You are the fool though, to think that it won't happen, as it has in Canada, with many of their doctors coming here lately.

Show some proof of what you claim.

There is nothing in the bill about sliding payments.

Government controlled pay ... which is the same effect as the "sliding scale" ... the doctors have no way of earning more than they can be paid based on how much the patients can pay.

Government controlled pay ... which is the same effect as the "sliding scale" ... the doctors have no way of earning more than they can be paid based on how much the patients can pay.

You are insane.

Public option would include an insurance Co run by the public that would not be profit based.

They will not pay the Drs any differently than the other private insurers

You are insane.

Public option would include an insurance Co run by the public that would not be profit based.

Really ... um yeah ... sure. Sorry, but that's just naive. More government control is never a good thing, "public run" isn't what is proposed.

How much does a Drs degree cost in the US?

How much cost is added when you then specialize in a field of medicine?

The cause of this is the cost of higher education in this country.

One more thing that was completely ignored under an entirely Republican government for YEARS.

psst...truth does matter....repubs haven't been in total control except for 2001-2006.

Just saying look at who controlled congress after 2006 and look who controlled the presidency prior to 2000.

Lets see who has been in control since the 80's ?

Ronald Reagan for 8 years with a Republican congress and senate. wrong, eight years rep senate, eight years dem house

Then George Bush senior for 4 years pretty much a Republican congress and senate
wrong, four years of democratic majority both houses
Then Bill Clinton with newt Gingrich and a Republican controlled congress and senate.
close, but not quite, dems had majorities in house and senate at times during his admin 1 year house, 2 years senate
Then George Bush Jr. With a completely republican controlled congress and senate for 6 years and after 2006 such a narrow majority for the Democrats Bush vetoed everything they tried to do. bush vetoed *7* bills

So Pilgrim who has been in control of government for the last 20 years?

With the exception of old blow Job Clinton who was just a figure head the answer would be Republicans.

Geez you right wingers .

Makes me wonder how many of you even finished high school. Either that or you have pretty selective memories.

next time you buy a computer, make sure google's included; you won't embarrass yourself quite so much.

epic_fail.jpg

You hate the Military?

You hate the national forrest program?

You hate public colleges?

You hate post office?

You hate public parks?

You hate food programs to feed the poor?

To say the government can do nothing right is an idiots argument.

Its nothing but bullshit.

You are insane.

Really ... um yeah ... sure. Sorry, but that's just naive. More government control is never a good thing, "public run" isn't what is proposed.

What the fuck do you think the public option is?

Its a public run health insurance that is non profit.

what planet do you spend the majority of your time dinning table?

You hate the Military?

You hate post office?

You hate public parks?

Another bait list ... I hate the government being in control, yes. Also, no, the government hasn't done anything right.

You hate the Military?

You hate post office?

You hate public parks?

Another bait list ... I hate the government being in control, yes. Also, no, the government hasn't done anything right.

So world war two was fucked up by the government?

We should have let corporations run the war huh?

Isnt that kinda what the fascists did?

That is a list of government run entities.

If you agree with your own stupid statement then you think the military can do nothing right or good.

The proposed database might be able to drastically reduce wait times. If everybody has a card then the system can operate real time. So any tests ordered can be queued, and coded as to priority. Then all available providers can be assessed as to their real time availability.

This feature could be used to make the best use out of diagnostic equipment that are considered "sunk cost" items and improve power efficiencies and utilize personnel more efficiently, like an MRI machine. If a particular MRI is down for scheduled or unforeseen maintenance this could be handled more efficiently as well. The possibilities are quite enticing.

Forum List

Back