True story about wait times in U.S.

It's really funny watching TM smack down KK.

:lol:

Really? You think I was "here defending Bush for many years" to? I knew you were a partisan hack, but I never pegged you as being that stupid.
I was referring to your comment about the military's "decision" to invade Iraq. :rofl:

Really? The military makes those decisions now?

So instead of addressing the topic you partisans insist on changing it to the military ...

I can only go by what I have experience with KK and with me she has always defended the republicans

Really? You think I was "here defending Bush for many years" to? I knew you were a partisan hack, but I never pegged you as being that stupid.
I was referring to your comment about the military's "decision" to invade Iraq. :rofl:

Really? The military makes those decisions now?

So instead of addressing the topic you partisans insist on changing it to the military ...

You are the one who said the military can do nothing right not me

I can only go by what I have experience with KK and with me she has always defended the republicans

What experience is that? Maybe a total of 100 posts until today I would say, not going to search for everything during the last 11 months. Since you insist on derailing the thread though, it is safe to say that you have no way of defending Obama's bad idea.

You said government can do nothing right.

This means the government entity which is the military has never done anything right according to you.

Nasa was a mistake and all of those people who were helped by the VA should not have survived because their living through their injuries was a mistake according to yout philosophy.

Tell us why you hate America so much?

This means the government entity which is the military has never done anything right according to you.

Nasa was a mistake and all of those people who were helped by the VA should not have survived because their living through their injuries was a mistake according to yout philosophy.

No, the military does their job right, otherwise the government wouldn't be able to abuse the control it has of them so well. Also, "the government can't do anything right" is code for "the government only cares about lining their own pockets and taking control of our lives" ... or did you miss that? NASA has been wasting away, because of the government. Half the vets are suffering, because of the government. You have shown nothing the government has done for us yet, nothing. They ruined Social Security by raiding it to pay for pet projects. They vote themselves pay raises all the time while the hard working people have to struggle. They bailout failing companies with our money and no strings attached. .... and to cover one of your bait list items, they overcharge for the right to walk in a state park now.

Government controlled pay ... which is the same effect as the "sliding scale" ... the doctors have no way of earning more than they can be paid based on how much the patients can pay.

You are insane.

Public option would include an insurance Co run by the public that would not be profit based.

They will not pay the Drs any differently than the other private insurers

Really ... um yeah ... sure. Sorry, but that's just naive.More government control is never a good thing , "public run" isn't what is proposed.

You think that anything the government takes on is bad.

Why do you refuse to aknowledge all the good works done by government entities?

You are insane.

Public option would include an insurance Co run by the public that would not be profit based.

They will not pay the Drs any differently than the other private insurers

Really ... um yeah ... sure. Sorry, but that's just naive.More government control is never a good thing , "public run" isn't what is proposed.

You think that anything the government takes on is bad.

Why do you refuse to aknowledge all the good works done by government entities?

Yet you haven't named one that the government has run right, you can't. Why do you enjoy fascism so much? Or is it that you want tyranny now? A true liberal hates people in power, because they tell us what to do and how to think. So now are you a neocon? Because you sound just like one. ;)

Personally, I can't shop for insurance. I have a pre=existing condition. In Ohio, the only insurance available is guaranteed issue which is not subsidized in any way. The rates I quoted are the best there are. My total healthcare costs would be over $14,000 per year just for myself. So I am without insurance. I just have to hope that I don't have any major problems for the next 19 years. In the meantime, I'll pay the $3000 to $5000 out of pocket for the care I do need. Or maybe I'll be lucky enough to find a part-time job where I can get insurance at a reasonable price.

As one with a spouse with an "orphan disease" which is also a pre-existing condition, I feel for you. If you took a job with an employer with a group plan you would be rid of the pre-existing condition problem in a year and get the same rate as everyone else in the group. I've been through a litany of problems with health insurance, but most of my problems have been self inflicted, i'm compelled to admit. If everyone did the responsible thing and got health insurance as soon as they were 18 most of the problems with pre-exist conditions would go away. I did do that as soon as I got out of the military, but still managed to screw up so that we had to have two seperate policies.

One thing I would advise anyone is never lie on an application for health insurance. It's also sometimes useful to apply for insurance before a health problem is revealed and goes on the medical record, and therefore becomes a "pre-existing condition;" prior to that happening it is not a PEC.

If you took a job with an employer with a group plan you would be rid of the pre-existing condition problem in a year and get the same rate as everyone else in the group.

Our employment culture has changed drastically though. I have a friend that is riffed every so often so he never makes it to year. A lot of contract employees work in this fashion, it is the new fad. But they have to work so they deal. They have to eat and pay rent/mortgages.

The riff strategy is what big business does now. They hire a contractor who hires employees and then limits the term of their employment. Business and sub-contractor then avoid offering any insurance and insurance avoids any PECs. It's a vicious cycle.

Then there is the layer of faster faster faster and higher churn in the employment marketplace. Larger segments of the population are not in long term arrangements with employers as they were in the last century. People consult and take piecework and freelance to make ends meet.

Some people take BS jobs just for insurance so their skills are not being utilized to the extent of their potential. This clogs up the entry level pool which comes out of HS/college every June. The matriculation is stalled. The whole system is a mess.

What you experienced has been a problem for at least a decade in the US.

Long waits to get into to see most doctors.

Why would you be equating something that has long been a problem with president Obama or healthcare reform? Would be the first question I would ask.

Secondly a small amount of money was put in the stimulus bill ( AKA recovery act) to provide scholarships for doctors and medical personnel.

Thirdly that is part of the medical health reform bill being proposed now to provide tuition breaks to people willing to become doctors, nurses and medical professionals.

The problem is right there. A SMALL amount of money to tackle what needs to be tackled first while a relatively small problem has been given crisis status (the uninsurred)

Are you saying that if you had to wait a bit longer to see a doctor because everybody in the nation had medical care that you would prefer to deny millions of people health care so you wouldn't have to wait?

If so that paints a pretty clear picture of your morality.

The answer in the form of of a question; what good is coverage without sufficient access?

No, Bern, it is not a small problem. In Canada, they have a death rate per 100,000 for childhood respitory diseases of less than 1. In the US, it is over 40. The differance is that here the young familys are in entry level jobs without health care. So the children do not see a doctor until the symptoms are at the emergency room level.

The uninsured people of this nation are a major problem, just as the number of people that go bankrupt because of medical bills is also a major problem. A problem that does not exist in other industrial nations.

The clinic I go to for my doctor has doctors quitting left and right, because it's a clinic that follows a similar plan to Obama's bill. They charge sliding scale and take any health coverage (which is why I go there, and they have a doctor I trust now). The doctors are quitting because they can't afford to keep working there.

OK fool NONE of that is in the plan

I said similar ... did I not? You are the fool though, to think that it won't happen, as it has in Canada, with many of their doctors coming here lately.

They can be replaced.

No, the military does their job right, otherwise the government wouldn't be able to abuse the control it has of them so well. Also, "the government can't do anything right" is code for "the government only cares about lining their own pockets and taking control of our lives" ... or did you miss that? NASA has been wasting away, because of the government. Half the vets are suffering, because of the government. You have shown nothing the government has done for us yet, nothing. They ruined Social Security by raiding it to pay for pet projects. They vote themselves pay raises all the time while the hard working people have to struggle. They bailout failing companies with our money and no strings attached. .... and to cover one of your bait list items, they overcharge for the right to walk in a state park now.

And the bottom line is that we are the ones who put these people in power. Why aren't we smart enough to vote them out and elect representatives that actually give a shit?

Personally, I can't shop for insurance. I have a pre=existing condition. In Ohio, the only insurance available is guaranteed issue which is not subsidized in any way. The rates I quoted are the best there are. My total healthcare costs would be over $14,000 per year just for myself. So I am without insurance. I just have to hope that I don't have any major problems for the next 19 years. In the meantime, I'll pay the $3000 to $5000 out of pocket for the care I do need. Or maybe I'll be lucky enough to find a part-time job where I can get insurance at a reasonable price.

As one with a spouse with an "orphan disease" which is also a pre-existing condition, I feel for you. If you took a job with an employer with a group plan you would be rid of the pre-existing condition problem in a year and get the same rate as everyone else in the group. I've been through a litany of problems with health insurance, but most of my problems have been self inflicted, i'm compelled to admit. If everyone did the responsible thing and got health insurance as soon as they were 18 most of the problems with pre-exist conditions would go away. I did do that as soon as I got out of the military, but still managed to screw up so that we had to have two seperate policies.

One thing I would advise anyone is never lie on an application for health insurance. It's also sometimes useful to apply for insurance before a health problem is revealed and goes on the medical record, and therefore becomes a "pre-existing condition;" prior to that happening it is not a PEC.

If my insurance had been portable I wouldn't have a problem. My problems began when I moved out of state. Of course this goes back to our brain dead politicians. When they put HIPAA rules into place, they made it so that insurance companies couldn't restrict your coverage if you changed companies and insurance plans, so long as you had coverage in the past 63 days, either directly from a past employer or through Cobra. They just forgot about the self-employed people with private policies. And of course this gets back to having insurance tied to your employer which is just a bad thing to begin with.

Unfortunately, even if they do change the rules at some point, for those like me, it will still be too late.

Forum List

Back