True Principles of Repentance

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Can human hearts be changed? Why, of course! It happens every day in the great missionary work of the Church. It is one of the most widespread of Christ’s modern miracles. If it hasn’t happened to you—it should

Teachings of Presidents of the Church Ezra Taft Benson Chapter 5 Principles of True Repentance

One of Satan’s most effective strategies with those whom he has lured into sin is to whisper in their ears that they are not worthy to pray. He will tell you that Heavenly Father is so displeased with you that He will never hear your prayers. This is a lie, and he says it to deceive us. The power of sin is great. If we are to extricate ourselves from it, especially serious sin, we must have a power greater than ourselves.

No one is more anxious to help you flee from sin than your Heavenly Father. Go to Him. Acknowledge your sin, confess your shame and your guilt, and then plead with Him for help. He has the power to help you triumph.13

Brothers and sisters, we must take our sins to the Lord in humble and sorrowful repentance. We must plead with Him for power to overcome them. The promises are sure. He will come to our aid. We will find the power to change our lives.

I was just reading this and I thought some people might need to as well. God loves you all. We all make mistakes. We develop habits and character traits that hurt us. Sometimes our choices put us in a place where we may feel depressed, stressed, or hopeless. But God wants us to be happy. He has given us the gift of repentance through His Son Jesus Christ.

Come to Jesus and be healed. Peace, Grace, and power to change the things we need to change in our life will be given to those that ask. He wants the best for us.

LDS are their own religion.

https://carm.org/is-mormonism-christian

"Mormonism is not Christian because it denies that there is only one God, denies the true Gospel, adds works to salvation, denies that Jesus is the uncreated creator, distorts the biblical teaching of the atonement, undermines the authority and reliability of the Bible, says that God used to be a man who came from another planet, that we can become gods, that there is a goddess mother in heaven, etc.

CARM does not deny that Mormons are decent helpful people, and that they do many good things. But that isn't what makes someone Christian--nor does putting "Jesus Christ" in your title make you Christian if you deny who Jesus really is. Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!" (NKJV)."

So what do you have against exercising faith in Christ to repentance?

Forum List

Back