True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment

Obviously, you go out of your way to be silly.

"Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment and are exempt from paragraph (2), when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union."

no one is disputing that 'well regulated militia' don't have a right to keep and bear arms.

YOU are disputing that the PEOPLE have that same right.

As written in the 2nd Amendment.
However did you get that idea from me? I am a federalist. I already know natural and Individual rights are found in State Constitutions and available via Due Process.

because you keep referring to Militias, State Constitutions, etc...

instead of the 2nd Amendment?

A State Constitution covers ONE state.

the 2nd covers the country
apples and oranges.

Due Process covers it, not our Second Amendment.

What State are you from?

Due Process does not cover anything specifically named in the US Constitution. State laws and constitutions cannot, despite your claims, overrule the US Constitution.
dude; nobody on the left takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Quoting the US Constitution to show that states and state constitutions can overrule the US Constitution? lol That is a special kind of pleading to ignorance.

But it is funny that you accept the US Constitution to be the law of the land when you want it to be.

Yes, there is a requirement for due process when you are accused of a crime. And if you are convicted of a felony or of domestic abuse, your right to keep & bear arms is lost. But there is no due process which removes the right to keep and bear arms for the population as a whole. No state court or state constitution can remove that right from the population as a whole.

Except that is not what is written. They founding fathers intentionally used the word "militia" in the first clause and "people" in the second clause.

Because that is what they meant.
The People are the militia; you are either, well regulated or you are not.

The people will become the militia when they are needed. Just as they had done in the war that they had just finished fighting when they wrote the US Constitution. Do a little research. Look up "Citizen Soldier" or perhaps "Minutemen".

BTW, the term "Minuteman" means more than just your sexual abilities, Daniel.
that is simply, appealing to ignorance of what the militia is.

No, that is looking at the context in which the 2nd was written.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Still quoting someone no one has ever heard of?

200w.gif

Bud, you need a new schtick

Obviously, you go out of your way to be silly.

"Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment and are exempt from paragraph (2), when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union."

no one is disputing that 'well regulated militia' don't have a right to keep and bear arms.

YOU are disputing that the PEOPLE have that same right.

As written in the 2nd Amendment.
However did you get that idea from me? I am a federalist. I already know natural and Individual rights are found in State Constitutions and available via Due Process.

apples and oranges.

What State are you from?

Due Process does not cover anything specifically named in the US Constitution. State laws and constitutions cannot, despite your claims, overrule the US Constitution.
dude; nobody on the left takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

dude...

no one takes YOU seriously

The people will become the militia when they are needed. Just as they had done in the war that they had just finished fighting when they wrote the US Constitution. Do a little research. Look up "Citizen Soldier" or perhaps "Minutemen".

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

And so the "people's" right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Except for a few public officials.
this is why i don't take the right wing seriously about Constitutional law. the People are the militia. well regulated militia of the People, are declared Necessary.

apples and oranges.

What State are you from?

Quoting the US Constitution to show that states and state constitutions can overrule the US Constitution? lol That is a special kind of pleading to ignorance.

But it is funny that you accept the US Constitution to be the law of the land when you want it to be.

Yes, there is a requirement for due process when you are accused of a crime. And if you are convicted of a felony or of domestic abuse, your right to keep & bear arms is lost. But there is no due process which removes the right to keep and bear arms for the population as a whole. No state court or state constitution can remove that right from the population as a whole.
Due Process is what our federal Constitution covers.

200w.gif

only the right wing appeals to that much ignorance, and complain when we call it Spam.

Is the understanding of the composition of the Militia at the Convention on the Ratification of our Constitution.

And so the "people's" right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Except for a few public officials.
this is why i don't take the right wing seriously about Constitutional law. the People are the militia. well regulated militia of the People, are declared Necessary.

the People are the militia.

only males, 16-45.

200w.gif

only the right wing appeals to that much ignorance, and complain when we call it Spam.

Is the understanding of the composition of the Militia at the Convention on the Ratification of our Constitution.

Still the same old, tired, quote.

Which obviously was ignored at the time, considering what the 2nd actually says.

Find a new crutch

only males, 16-45.
Ok. Let's argue your point of view. From that point of view, Only males in the sixteen to forty-five year old age range may be eligible to become well regulated; according to Statute, but not the common law.

only males, 16-45.
Ok. Let's argue your point of view. From that point of view, Only males in the sixteen to forty-five year old age range may be eligible to become well regulated; according to Statute, but not the common law.

but not the common law.

Common law?

you mean,,,,"the PEOPLE" that were given the RIGHT under the Second Amendment?

only males, 16-45.

but not the common law.

Common law?

You claim the statutory militia is the one and Only, true militia.

What if, the federal government needs all of Your statutory age range militia?

only males, 16-45.

but not the common law.

Common law?

All of it would be all people eligible to be in the militia, ie, just about everyone.

only males, 16-45.

but not the common law.

Common law?

Look up the requirements to belong to a militia, for once.

Organized, OR unorganized, the requirements are the same.

Militia (United States) - Wikipedia

16-45 in that era.

NO women
NO men under 16, or over 45.
NO one disabled.

That leaves out a large number of people the Second included, by giving the Right to the people

Last edited:

And if you look at the militia of the time the US Constitution's writing, they were citizens who were called to arms when needed.

apples and oranges.

What State are you from?

Indeed it does. But, short of a constitutional amendment, there is no due process which overrules the 2nd amendment for the overall population.

200w.gif

Is it? Or is it one man's opinion at the time. Was it ratified into the constitution? Was it voted into law? Or is it just a footnote in history.

only males, 16-45.

And if you look at the way the militia was used, it was citizens that kept arms and could be called up to defend the nation in time of war.

only males, 16-45.

but not the common law.

Common law?

Look up the requirements to belong to a militia, for once.

Organized, OR unorganized, the requirements are the same.

Militia (United States) - Wikipedia

16-45 in that era.

NO women
NO men under 16, or over 45.
NO one disabled.

That leaves out a large number of people the Second included, by giving the Right to the people
The general government of the whole and entire Union, has "first pick". States have the remainder.

And if you look at the militia of the time the US Constitution's writing, they were citizens who were called to arms when needed.
like i said; Nobody on the left should take the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.
10USC246 is also, federal law, right wingers. Don't be illegal to federal law.

apples and oranges.

What State are you from?

Indeed it does. But, short of a constitutional amendment, there is no due process which overrules the 2nd amendment for the overall population.
lol. it says well regulated militia of the overall population is Necessary, and shall not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Forum List

Back