True Christianity

MaxGrit

Beloved
Mar 21, 2014
True Christianity can be defined as the set of true Christianity doctrines, meaning that all are saved who have faith and trusts those doctrines. Whoever believes and remain faithful to True Christianity and its doctrines are guaranteed salvation.

I understand that people will have different thoughts about what constitutes True Christianity. With that in mind, what do you believe are crucial doctrines of True Christianity?

It doesn't make any sense to believe that belief in a certain set of doctrines is going to save your soul. Didn't Jesus say we have to also clothe the naked, feed the hungry, visit those in prison, etc.?

True Christianity can be defined as the set of true Christianity doctrines, meaning that all are saved who have faith and trusts those doctrines. Whoever believes and remain faithful to True Christianity and its doctrines are guaranteed salvation.

I understand that people will have different thoughts about what constitutes True Christianity. With that in mind, what do you believe are crucial doctrines of True Christianity?
The risen Christ and his teachings to love one another. Jesus' miracles, compassion, humility and actions are the motivation toward Christianity. His forgiveness is what is longed for by Christians.

But doctrinally Christianity is quite basic: love one another as you would love yourself.

Doctrine is not dogma. As all faiths, Christianity has many diverse churches. Many churches, as in many diverse churches means diverse dogma. The common link is the Golden Rule.

It doesn't make any sense to believe that belief in a certain set of doctrines is going to save your soul. Didn't Jesus say we have to also clothe the naked, feed the hungry, visit those in prison, etc.?
Yes, and when one does these things as a Christian would, then one will do them as a true Christian who has a message therefore to add to it also, and that message is to comfort those who are in turmoil and in sorrow, and to show mercy unto them just as Christ would have unto those who are in these ways, and if they are excepting of such a message and the things in which one brings forth unto them in the name of our Christ almighty, then GREAT, and praise his name Hallelujah for he is merciful, and by his hands we all are fed. Amen!

Now if the message is rebuked then so be it, but the Christian has done his or her part for what Jesus would have had them to do in life, and that is all that one could ask for in life when it is all said and done.

Last edited:

These days, some "christians" disagree with those particular teachings of Jesus.

Last edited:

These days, some "christians" disagree with those particular teachings of Jesus.
As the nation dives into chaos, blindness, and on into self indulgence, greed and backbiting that is on steroids these days, it is expected that these things are to come to pass now. The Bible tells us of these things, and they have been materializing right before our very eyes more and more and more. Your analogy is correct, but the ones who call themselves Christians in these ways are not correct, and they are instead perpetrating as Christians..

There is no such thing as "true" Christianity.

Masses of Christians are always looking for ways to spite other religions, especially other Abrahamic religions. And even once they've divided themselves against Jews and Muslims, they must further attempt to divide themselves by arguing over which Christian domination is "True Christianity".

Just enjoy your religion without going out of your way to spite others who worship God differently. Try not to be a hypocrite, and truly understand why its is you have chosen to worship Christ.

And celebrate God. Celebrate Jesus. Do your holy rituals, but respect others' holy practices.

Additionally... embrace the golden rule, absorb wisdom from the Bible, learn to value the lives of others, be considerate of others, show respect to other people even when they disrespect you, respectfully do "good" for others- even those who do ill for you, learn to enjoy helping people without seeking reward, do your best to love everyone unconditionally, try to leave places cleaner than you found them (literally and spiritually, but considerately), try to Naturally set a positive example for others (especially your children), and let your actions speak louder than your words.

At least, that's how I would define a few great Christians that I have known personally. But I am no Christian. I worship God yes, but I'm far beyond Christianity.​

Last edited:
One verse sums it up well.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

~ John 3:3

In the Greek, again also means from above.

True Christianity is defined in OP.
Unless you are saying all forms of Christianity is false.

Unfortunately, the following is a crucial doctrine of True Christianity which differs from the love supposedly Christ was said to have had. ~ Susan

Matthew 10:34King James Version (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

I don't know the point of your OP. I've found that those who want to set boundaries are often trying to exclude people. There is a broad spectrum of Christian beliefs among those who say they believe in Christ. Mormons say this, but there are many who insist they're not real Christians. It reminds me of the gospels that record more than once the disciples trying to keep people from Jesus. Things aren't so different today.

Don't get me wrong, doctrines are important. But when we start saying that a certain quantity of error leads to damnation, then the frightening question is how much? Who decides how much and who can be absolutely certain they themselves don't have beliefs that will jeopardize their salvation?

This is why I don't doubt anyone who says they love the Lord and follow him. If their faith is sincere then no amount of error is going to hurt them. God isn't trying to send as many people to hell as possible, he's trying to save as many as possible.

I don't know the point of your OP. I've found that those who want to set boundaries are often trying to exclude people. There is a broad spectrum of Christian beliefs among those who say they believe in Christ. Mormons say this, but there are many who insist they're not real Christians. It reminds me of the gospels that record more than once the disciples trying to keep people from Jesus. Things aren't so different today.

Don't get me wrong, doctrines are important. But when we start saying that a certain quantity of error leads to damnation, then the frightening question is how much? Who decides how much and who can be absolutely certain they themselves don't have beliefs that will jeopardize their salvation?

This is why I don't doubt anyone who says they love the Lord and follow him. If their faith is sincere then no amount of error is going to hurt them. God isn't trying to send as many people to hell as possible, he's trying to save as many as possible.

Mormons aren't Christians. Muslims aren't Christians.

The boundary exists. There will be people that get excluded. Just because you fear it doesn't mean it doesn't exists. It is not us who excludes, but God. Therefore, why would you fear man's opinions?

You can have sincere faith in Satan as your Lord and definitely go to Hell. Sincere faith in truth saves. Sincere faith in falsehoods are fatal.

Luke 13
22 He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. 29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”

Matthew 7
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Last edited:
13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Mat 7:13-14.)

Yes doctrine is important and we express true convictions in the fruit of our lives. No one can claim to be a Christian without confessing Jesus as the risen Lord (RESURRECTION) and also agreeing that Jesus came as human flesh (INCARNATION). But repentance is also important for salvation and to understand the need for that we need to accept Christian views on SIN being the root of evil in the world and the need to turn from it. Also we need to believe in what a trustworthy God has promised us. It is by our faith in this God we are saved rather than good things that we have done (JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH). On this forum salvation is the only real issue - you cannot feed people without teeth real meat.

As seekers after truth, you will be wise to not put your trust in the writings of the ancients. You must question and critically examine those writings from every side. You must submit only to argument and experiment and not to the sayings of any person. For every human being is vulnerable to all kinds of imperfection, including the ones who wrote the bible. As seekers after truth, we must also suspect and question our own ideas as we perform our investigations, to avoid falling into prejudice or careless thinking. Take this course, and truth will be revealed to you. This is the method of science.

The boundary exists. There will be people that get excluded. Just because you fear it doesn't mean it doesn't exists. It is not us who excludes, but God. Therefore, why would you fear man's opinions?

You can have sincere faith in Satan as your Lord and definitely go to Hell. Sincere faith in truth saves. Sincere faith in falsehoods are fatal.

Luke 13
22 He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. 29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”

Matthew 7
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Speaking of what Jesus taught, when did he teach that we should tell people who profess faith in Christ they aren't really Christian? It didn't go unnoticed that you attempted to lump Mormons in with Muslims. Mormons profess faith in the risen Christ, Muslims don't. No comparison.

It goes back to what I already said, that we have no right to decide how much error damns a person. I probably have all the same theological objections you do when it comes to LDS doctrines, but I also have serious reservations about Protestant beliefs. What if one of us is right and the other going to hell? Is that a wager you want to make? It's mighty convenient that when we deal out judgement and damnation, it's always directed at those who believe differently than we do. Such smug arrogance surely offends the Almighty.

Your posts are not seasoned with humility. Scripture tells us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling; that we are "scarcely saved". I don't get the sense you understand that piety at all.

Luke 13

Matthew 7

Speaking of what Jesus taught, when did he teach that we should tell people who profess faith in Christ they aren't really Christian? It didn't go unnoticed that you attempted to lump Mormons in with Muslims. Mormons profess faith in the risen Christ, Muslims don't. No comparison.

It goes back to what I already said, that we have no right to decide how much error damns a person. I probably have all the same theological objections you do when it comes to LDS doctrines, but I also have serious reservations about Protestant beliefs. What if one of us is right and the other going to hell? Is that a wager you want to make? It's mighty convenient that when we deal out judgement and damnation, it's always directed at those who believe differently than we do. Such smug arrogance surely offends the Almighty.

Your posts are not seasoned with humility. Scripture tells us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling; that we are "scarcely saved". I don't get the sense you understand that piety at all.

What do you have to do to be saved?
At least, I am telling other what I know because I care. I have been honest with them.

GOD bless me to do this for the Holy Spirit.

Are you going to be lying to God? You don't know what you think saves?

Last edited:
Salvation is "easy", Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. But most denominations want to add to the grace of God through works and legalism. You cannot add ANYTHING to Jesus' FREE GIFT.

Forum List

Back