Trophy hunters save rhinos by shooting one (GRAPHIC)

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Dallas Safari Club to 'Save Rhinos' By Auctioning Off a Rhino Hunt | Ecorazzi

The Dallas Safari Club (DSC) will soon auction off the chance to shoot and kill an endangered black rhinoceros in Namibia’s Mangetti National Park. The Government of the Republic of Namibia chose the DSC to receive and auction the hunting permit, and the United States Fish and Wildlife Service is giving its full support by allowing the rhino “trophy” to be imported into the U.S.

Hunting group auction off chance to kill rare rhino in name of CONSERVATION | Latest News | News | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

Mr Carter dismissed calls for an auction that didn't involve killing a rhino and instead used a "photo safari".

He replied: "Well, that's great, but people don't pay for that."

There are just over 5,000 rhinos left in the wild, with about 1,800 of them living in the southern African nation of Namibia.

Reminds me of that old saying -

Fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity.

But then, I don't think there's any excuse for trophy hunting and Safari Club is the worst. Asshole, Chuck McElroy built an enormous tribute to his stated life-long dream of killing one of every animal on the planet. Its euphemistically called The Wildlife Museum but Tucson locals call it the DeadHead Museum.

Teachers used to take classes there but stopped when there were reports of young children being sick or having nightmares. I've been there twice. When you walk in, the first thing you see an entire 2 story wall filled with hundreds of heads of the SAME species of antelope. Another exhibit shows how an animal is gutted and stuffed.

AZ Game and Fish is known for screwing things up but at least they turned down McElroy's request to shoot a mule deer in velvet. The talk was that he had done it anyway and had the mount in his home.

The good news is that McElroy is dead. No word on whether he's stuffed and his head hanging on a wall.

40658.jpg

Morbid Image Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back