Australian big game hunter resigns from VP position at private club after backlash over trophy photo

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just have to say, I don't understand the appeal of this. I know some of you hunt or know people that hunt, but it's one thing to hunt to eat, another for Game. Many conservatives I respect engage in this, and I will never understand it but I suspend my personal beliefs as I know we don't all agree the same on all issues.

I have a respect for Native Indian culture, especially their belief that when they kill and animal for food, that they use all they can of the body, right down to the fur. They believe it is a sign of respect for the animal and an appreciation for the animal dying for their sustenance. They celebrate the animal and consider it offensive when an animal is killed for only it's tusks or what have you, I tend to agree.

This stuff, just not for me...

Australian big game hunter resigns from VP position at private club after backlash over trophy photos

An Australian businessman and big game hunter has resigned from his role as vice president of a private club after facing backlash for posing with the bodies of animals he shot on safari.

The controversial photos and videos surfaced online, showing Nick Haridemos, the former exec of Hellenic Club, with several of his kills, including a bull elephant and a baboon he dressed up in sunglasses and hat.

The images were reportedly taken sometime between 2010 and 2016 on a number of trips to Africa and were posted to a public Photobucket account by the user “nickha1.” They were also shared on Twitter and in an online forum where hunters report their kills, according to the Canberra Times.

He should come here and go into politics.

Republicans love to see the results of "Big Game Hunting" endangered species.

5058-1501502620-5efad04ebdad6eed66fa90085c0e990c.jpg

Makes them want to rush out and vote for them. Even if they aren't running.

He should come here and go into politics.

Republicans love to see the results of "Big Game Hunting" endangered species.

5058-1501502620-5efad04ebdad6eed66fa90085c0e990c.jpg

Makes them want to rush out and vote for them. Even if they aren't running.

I knew that photo was coming. I stand by my position, it's not for me...

Last edited:
Trophy hunting is not for me...don't like it and never have...just a personal opinion...when it comes to hunting....if you won't eat it don't kill it...

I went rabbit hunting in Australia a couple a times.
Wasn't fortunate enough to get into the trophy stuff though.
Lol hold on a second. "I went rabbit hunting in Australia a couple a times." Under what circumstances??! You can't just say that and then shrug it away. Tell the story!
I was an LDS missionary back there 1969. A member of the Church said his wife cooks really good rabbit, so lets go out in the outback and shoot a few for dinner.
He was right. Australian rabbit is delicious

Lol hold on a second. "I went rabbit hunting in Australia a couple a times." Under what circumstances??! You can't just say that and then shrug it away. Tell the story!
I was an LDS missionary back there 1969. A member of the Church said his wife cooks really good rabbit, so lets go out in the outback and shoot a few for dinner.
That's pretty awesome :clap:

I once met Lord Penswick the famous British big game hunter. Lord Penswick was 94 at the time and he told me about hunting Bengal tigers in India.

"I hacked my way through the dense underbrush when I stumbled into a clearing." his Lordship began "The glen was no wider than forty feet. At the opposite side stood a 650 pound Bengal tiger. Our eyes met. 'Roaaarrr!' And I shit my pants!"

"But your lordship," I said "I believe that would be a perfectly normal human reaction upon encountering such a beast!"

"Not then, you twit!" answered Lord Penswick "Just now as I said 'Roaaarr!"

darrin-2.jpg

darrin-2.jpg

Didn't think you'd get it...

I once met Lord Penswick the famous British big game hunter. Lord Penswick was 94 at the time and he told me about hunting Bengal tigers in India.

"I hacked my way through the dense underbrush when I stumbled into a clearing." his Lordship began "The glen was no wider than forty feet. At the opposite side stood a 650 pound Bengal tiger. Our eyes met. 'Roaaarrr!' And I shit my pants!"

"But your lordship," I said "I believe that would be a perfectly normal human reaction upon encountering such a beast!"

"Not then, you twit!" answered Lord Penswick "Just now as I said 'Roaaarr!"
When I was in the army I heard one of those Bengal tigers got hold of a GI and started slinging him around and wouldn't let go of him, even with the guys chasing him down.
Finally one of em got a spray can of noxema shaving lotion and shot it up the tigers nose and he let go of him.
Could be true, maybe not. who know's?
T

The fact of the matter is that legal hunting benefits animals far more than any animal rights groups ever have. And American Indians killed off eagles and hawks for just so they could wear their feathers.
The sport that outrages me is golf. Grown men in cutsie pastel shorts and shirts "getting their exercise" riding around in stupid little electric carts in order to viciously bludgeon defenseless little balls that never harmed anyone. Oh the horror!!
Personally, I try to keep America's infestation of feral hogs in check.

Wild boar

Forum List

Back