Fury over rare white lion being auctioned off 'to be shot by trophy hunters'

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Poor feller.

From the article...

A rare white lion is set to be auctioned off to be shot by trophy hunters - in spite of a huge worldwide campaign to save him.

The majestic animal, named Mufasa, was confiscated three years ago when he was a cub, along with another baby lion called Soraya.

Animal lovers want to move him to a sanctuary, but authorities in South Africa have instead announced he will be sold at auction.

Because Mufasa is infertile, the only value he would have is to be bought by a hunting company and then shot.

Continued - Fury over rare white lion being auctioned off 'to be shot by trophy hunters'

Ted Nugent was quoted saying, "I'm a hunter. Hand me that lion, and I'll shoot it."

Poor feller.

From the article...

A rare white lion is set to be auctioned off to be shot by trophy hunters - in spite of a huge worldwide campaign to save him.

The majestic animal, named Mufasa, was confiscated three years ago when he was a cub, along with another baby lion called Soraya.

Animal lovers want to move him to a sanctuary, but authorities in South Africa have instead announced he will be sold at auction.

Because Mufasa is infertile, the only value he would have is to be bought by a hunting company and then shot.

Continued - Fury over rare white lion being auctioned off 'to be shot by trophy hunters'
Yes, I agree. Poor fellow.

Of course they don't always tell the whole story. I have a buddy who comes from a family that hunts big game. If it were not for the hunting industry, poaching would be rampant and conservation would be nonexistent.

Not to mention, all of the meat except that which is eaten in camp does feed the local villages by law.

CnxlOqgW8AATJy5_1_.jpg

Trump-hunting-composite.jpg

Republicans love to kill species that are dying out. Makes them feel powerful and manly.

Of course they don't always tell the whole story. I have a buddy who comes from a family that hunts big game. If it were not for the hunting industry, poaching would be rampant and conservation would be nonexistent.

Not to mention, all of the meat except that which is eaten in camp does feed the local villages by law.

Keeping the little feller in a cage just to sell him to some people who'd buy it to let it loose just to kill it is evil.

Big mighty hunters. Pfft.

Keeping the little feller in a cage just to sell him to some people who'd buy it to let it loose just to kill it is evil.

Big mighty hunters. Pfft.
You may not agree with it but wasn't it already in a cage or a pen or something?

You may not agree with it but wasn't it already in a cage or a pen or something?

No, the white lion was living with a family of human beings, they were getting along great, they were minding their own business. Then the government came in and said, you do not have a permit, so they confiscated the white lion and put it in a cage.

So, now they're gonna sell the white lion. And there's only two markets. Hunters (not that this is what I'd call hunting, it's more like bullying) and the Asian market would take the bones.

Poor feller.

From the article...

Since it was infertile, what kind of life would it have? Kept in a cage? Or be killed to feed the village or be poached to make a coat?

Sometimes there really is no decent or fair answer :crybaby:

No, the white lion was living with a family of human beings, they were getting along great, they were minding their own business. Then the government came in and said, you do not have a permit, so they confiscated the white lion and put it in a cage.

So, now they're gonna sell the white lion. And there's only two markets. Hunters (not that this is what I'd call hunting, it's more like bullying) and the Asian market would take the bones.
The lion was living with a family? In a cage perhaps?

Probably.

Big game hunting is conservation. We may not like it, but it does serve a valid purpose.

Well, there's a right way and a wrong way, ding. This one is the wrong way, they should put him on a refuge some place and let him live out his life. People can go hunt in the wild if they want. Having it brought to you in a cage isn't hunting. And it's not conserving. It's cowardly, lazy, exhibitionism.

Personally, I'm a fan of controlling the human population. But I digress.

Last edited:
Probably.

Big game hunting is conservation. We may not like it, but it does serve a valid purpose.

Well, there's a right way and a wrong way, ding. This one is the wrong way, they should put him on a refuge some place and let him live out his life.People can go hunt in the wild if they want. Having it broght to you in a cage isn't hunting. And it's not conserving.

Personally, I'm a fan of controlling the human population. But I digress.
I doubt very seriously if they bring it to them in a cage. When you make statements like that it makes me question your objectivity.

Which I question even more since you said you are in favor of controlling the human population.

I did not say that hunting this specific lion is conservation. I implied that big game hunting in Africa plays a role in conservation in Africa. It seems to me that someone who is willing to make decisions on controlling human population would understand that hunting a lion that cannot pass on it's genetics spares a lion that can.

I doubt very seriously if they bring it to them in a cage. When you make statements like that it makes me question your objectivity.

Which I question even more since you said you are in favor of controlling the human population.

I did not say that hunting this specific lion is conservation. I implied that big game hunting in Africa plays a role in conservation in Africa. It seems to me that someone who is willing to make decisions on controlling human population would understand that hunting a lion that cannot pass on it's genetics spares a lion that can.

You can question whatever you want, ding. The lion was fine until the government there wanted to see a permit. There's nothing conservationist about it.

You can question whatever you want, ding. The lion was fine until the government wanted to see a permit.
And you believe that was wrong? Why? What do their laws say?

Forum List

Back