Triple-Play, probable "clean-sweep" in Virginia 2013

Second special election this week in VA for a state senate seat vacated by one of the Democratic winners. Democrats need to win both to control the VA state senate.

In the first election, the Democrat won by 9 votes. A recount is still in progress.

So, second election, anything can happen. Democrat-leaning district, but Republicans have an advantage in low-turnout special elections.

Yes, indeed. Wait and see.

You mean Racist Traitor Robert E. Lee?

Damn. Stupid on a whole new level.

Lee was a patriot to his home state of Virginia. This during a time when a man's state was his true domain. Virginian first. American second. As it still should be. The Republic of the UNITED STATES.

Learn some history before shooting your mouth off and looking like a damn fool.

Lee was an asshole who took up arms against his fellow Americans so a few rich douchebags could continue to own other people.

No, Stupid on a whole new level is...

Fighting a war you cannot possibly win over an institution that is morally bankrupt.

Which probably describes each and every asshole who fought in the CSA.

But because we got so many people in the South who don't want to think their Great-Great-Grandpappy was an asshole they ought to be fucking embarrassed over, we keep soft-selling what the Civil War was- Treason and stupidity of the first order.
If you had a brain you would be dangerous. Lucky for the good guys you don't.

Who ever said that? I didn't. Why are Righties always so emotional, like little kids?

And fyi the Republicans did not win "everything" back in 2010. They captured the HOR but not the Senate.

Besides, in case you didn't notice, we have had another national election since then, namely 2012, in which a Democratic President was RE-ELECTED and your guy LOST, plus the DEMS actually increased their margin in the Senate and reduced the GOP margin in the House.

Get yer facts right.

Who ever said that? I didn't. Why are Righties always so emotional, like little kids?

And fyi the Republicans did not win "everything" back in 2010. They captured the HOR but not the Senate.

Besides, in case you didn't notice, we have had another national election since then, namely 2012, in which a Democratic President was RE-ELECTED and your guy LOST, plus the DEMS actually increased their margin in the Senate and reduced the GOP margin in the House.

Get yer facts right.

They won most of the governorship they won what was ted kennedy's seat, yes republicans won most everything in 2010. But democrats had one or two gasp of air with the senate and one special election for New York's 23rd congressional district special election, 2009 I think it was.

It just goes to show you that you can make a triple play and still lose the game. At least 55 seats were up in the Va. House of Delegates and republicans kept their overwhelming majority of about 67 - 32. Republicans also hold a slim majority in the state Senate. Democrat hack McAuliffe will be a lame duck before he takes office.

So, you have a situation in Virginia very similar to the national situation:

One party in control of the Executive.
The opposition party in control of the lower House of the Legislative.
The incumbent party (likely) in control of the upper House of the Legislative.

I have no problem with that kind of control. It is called "Democracy".

But you appear to have problems with control, namely, control of your own emotions.

Tsk, tsk.

It's not similar. You can focus on the narrow victory of popular political hack McAuliffe and you can conveniently forget that republicans won an overwhelming majority in the house of delegates in Va. but that's not the whole story. On the National scene the democrats are able to stonewall legislation with a majority in the senate but republicans control both the house of delegates and the state senate in Va.. Term limit doesn't allow much leeway even with a friendly congress but the political climate that McAuliffe has to face pretty much makes him a lame duck.

It just goes to show you that you can make a triple play and still lose the game. At least 55 seats were up in the Va. House of Delegates and republicans kept their overwhelming majority of about 67 - 32. Republicans also hold a slim majority in the state Senate. Democrat hack McAuliffe will be a lame duck before he takes office.

So, you have a situation in Virginia very similar to the national situation:

One party in control of the Executive.
The opposition party in control of the lower House of the Legislative.
The incumbent party (likely) in control of the upper House of the Legislative.

I have no problem with that kind of control. It is called "Democracy".

But you appear to have problems with control, namely, control of your own emotions.

Tsk, tsk.

It's not similar. You can focus on the narrow victory of popular political hack McAuliffe and you can conveniently forget that republicans won an overwhelming majority in the house of delegates in Va. but that's not the whole story. On the National scene the democrats are able to stonewall legislation with a majority in the senate but republicans control both the house of delegates and the state senate in Va.. Term limit doesn't allow much leeway even with a friendly congress but the political climate that McAuliffe has to face pretty much makes him a lame duck.

Actually, it is very similar:

Right now, in both cases, one Party has the Executive and 1/2 of the legislative, if the elections go as it appears they will go.

And, for the second time in a row, in both 2008 and 2012, Virginia's vote for President came closest to the national margin.

2008:

Colorado: Obama +8.95
National: Obama +7.26
Virginia: Obama +6.30

2012:

Virginia: Obama +3.87
National: Obama +3.86
Ohio: Obama +2.97

So, yes, they are quite similar in structure. You can bitch and moan all you want about it, but they are similar.

And I will bet the farm that by whatever margin Hillary wins the GE 2016, she will win Virginia by just about the same margin.

:D

Oh, and you may have the opinion that McAuliffe is a political hack, but he is now a Governor. Have you achieved that?

Get yer facts right.

They won most of the governorship they won what was ted kennedy's seat, yes republicans won most everything in 2010. But democrats had one or two gasp of air with the senate and one special election for New York's 23rd congressional district special election, 2009 I think it was.

The Democrats also won almost every single special election of 2011. Remember all those Wisconsin recalls? And CA-23, and NY-26?

Get yer facts right.

The Democrats also won almost every single special election of 2011. Remember all those Wisconsin recalls? And CA-23, and NY-26?
Those were mainly failures but your going to be to dishonest to admit it.
Dead manwalker ring a bell?

Not true. The majority of those SDs, the Democrats won, but the recall vote itself failed.

You are mixing up two things. Seems to happen to you alot. Do try to keep up.

Not true. The majority of those SDs, the Democrats won, but the recall vote itself failed.

I was right your to fucking dishonest to admit it.

No, I was 100% correct.

There were recall elections for Wisconsin State Senators. And then later, there was a recall election for Walker. They were NOT the same election.

Go look it up.

The state recall elections were in the summer of 2011, the year I mentioned:

Wisconsin Senate recall elections, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gubernatorial/Lt. Gubernatorial recall election was in 2012:

Wisconsin gubernatorial recall election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, just as I said before already, they are two different things.

Now, who again is supposedly dishonest?

No, I was 100% correct.

There were recall elections for Wisconsin State Senators. And then later, there was a recall election for Walker. They were NOT the same election.

Go look it up.

You better look again at what you are talking about
Aug 9 they had 6 recall elections Rep[ublicans won 4 of the 6
and on Aug 16 they had two more this time it was democrats on the hot seat they won
So tell me where was this great democrat recall election victory?

No, I was 100% correct.

Go look it up.

and on Aug 16 they had two more this time it was democrats on the hot seat they won

I see you convieniently forgot July 19, what? Tsk, tsk.

9 seats total up for grabs:

5 Democratic wins
4 Republican wins.

No Democratic incumbents were unseated, but one Republican was.

Care to try again?

Gotta give you credit, you are perserverent. A little dense, but perseverent.

No, I was 100% correct.

Go look it up.

5 Democratic wins
4 Republican wins.

Care to try again?

July 19 who was the incumbent? A democrat they won. So once again the recall was not any way shape or from a great win politic wind shifting event for the democrats most of the incumbents only two lost. So now pull up your big boy shorts and move on, you are dismissed.

5 Democratic wins
4 Republican wins.

Care to try again?

July 19 who was the incumbent? A democrat they won. So once again the recall was not any way shape or from a great win politic wind shifting event for the democrats most of the incumbents only two lost. So now pull up your big boy shorts and move on, you are dismissed.

Nine seats up for grabs.

Before the elections, it stood at

R6 / D3

After:

R5 / D4.

Care to try again?

5 Democratic wins
4 Republican wins.

Care to try again?

Nine seats up for grabs.

R6 / D3

After:

R5 / D4.

Care to try again?

9 seats?
Three of those 9 had democrats incumbents.
6 were held by Republicans. The recall main goal was to remove the republicans it only remove 2 which left four republicans. 4 and 2 Plus you did not get walker.
You failed.

Nine seats up for grabs.

R6 / D3

After:

R5 / D4.

Care to try again?

9 seats?
6 were held by Republicans. The recall main goal was to remove the republicans it only remove 2 which left four republicans. 4 and 2 Plus you did not get walker.
You failed.

Oh, excuse me, a small typing error. I will now correct:

R5 / D4

After:

R4 / D5.

Nine seats up for grabs.

R6 / D3

After:

R5 / D4.

Care to try again?

9 seats?
You failed.

Oh, excuse me, a small typing error. I will now correct:

R5 / D4

After:

R4 / D5.

The recall was focused on the republicans and you and your's did not get what you want. You failed.

Forum List

Back