Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

This limbo is not just hard for the people from those six countries, it is also fairly embarrassing that our current administration can't come up with a seemingly acceptable E.O., even on the second try.

That's because Trump campaigned that he would sign an executive order banning muslims from the USA. Everybody therefore knows the 'intent' of Trumps executive order, and no matter how much lipstick he puts on that pig, its still a muslim ban.

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."
So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.
What they are not standing up for is the rule of law and you are happy about that.
I think I'll let these Federal Judges determine what the rule of law is, rather than you. Seems to be their job.
But YES I already said if it slows down this E.O. from being implemented, I'm glad their opinions got in the way. What is so awful about that, anyway?
The judge doesn't have the legal right to decide what the law is but simply to apply the law as it is. The court has no legal jurisdiction in this matter, so the judge created the fiction that temporarily banning travel from six of the fifty Muslim majority nations in the world is evidence that the ban was based on religious discrimination against Muslims. Using this judge's reasoning that because nearly all the people effected by the ban are Muslims, they are being banned because they are Muslims, one could argue that since nearly all the people Obama has killed in airstrikes are Muslims, he killed them because they are Muslims.

The law is clear and simple regarding the travel ban: the law gives the President complete discretion to prevent anyone from entering the country if he decides they pose a security risk and the courts have no jurisdiction to question his judgement on this matter. Hence this judge's bizarre lie that a ban that does not effect 88% of the world's Muslim majority countries had no other purpose than to discriminate against Muslims.

If it were a ban on Muslims then every country occupied by Muslims would have been in the ban. Not just seven.

Carry on clueless.

That's because Trump campaigned that he would sign an executive order banning muslims from the USA. Everybody therefore knows the 'intent' of Trumps executive order, and no matter how much lipstick he puts on that pig, its still a muslim ban.

So, a federal judge should rule on "what everyone at ThinkProgress knows," rather than on the law, Comrade Brown Shirt?

Should the Judicial oath be altered so that a judge swears loyalty to the party and your Fuhrer rather than to the Constitution?

If it were a ban on Muslims then every country occupied by Muslims would have been in the ban. Not just seven.

Carry on clueless.

Make that six. And the ban can, as a Trump suggested, be done in stages. Such as one country at a time, or in this case seven/six countries at a time.

Who said an air force is a Constitutional right, Comrade Brown Shirt? :dunno:

Youi will not find the air force in the US constitution, and a strict construction originalist would rule the air force to be unconstitutional. But fortunately better minds have won out on that issue.

[
Make that six. And the ban can, as a Trump suggested, be done in stages. Such as one country at a time, or in this case seven/six countries at a time.

Regardless, the "Muslim ban" lie from you fascists is absurd. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world, and there is no ban on them.

What it is, is a TERRORIST BAN, which is WHY you Fascists are so angry about it and dedicated to blocking it.

[

Youi will not find the air force in the US constitution, and a strict construction originalist would rule the air force to be unconstitutional. But fortunately better minds have won out on that issue.

So you read a meme on the hate sites, and can't grasp why it isn't working.

Old Lady claims your holy sacrament of abortion is a "Constitutional right." Show it to me in the Constitution, then.

Look, you're a Fascist democrat, meaning you aren't real bright.

Old Lady claims your holy sacrament of abortion is a "Constitutional right." Show it to me in the Constitution, then.

Look, you're a Fascist democrat, meaning you aren't real bright.

As I pointed out, the US Airforce is NOT in the Constitution, neither is the president being commander-in-chief of it. It's a derived authority. Ad is the right to privacy extended to cover abortion. Other derived ideas include that searches by the government are not limited to physical searches, but include such things as wiretaping,

Regardless, the "Muslim ban" lie from you fascists is absurd. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world, and there is no ban on them..

The muslim ban is a lie, only if Trumps promise to put one in place was a lie. If you are to take Trump at his word, it's a muslim ban. If you want to claim Trump lied about 91% of what he said, than it would not be.

Chose wisely.

What it is, is a TERRORIST BAN, which is WHY you Fascists are so angry about it and dedicated to blocking it.

To use your argument, it can't be. Because Trump already stated that ISIS, and other terrorist organizations are in over 60 countries, and he's only stopping people from six or seven of them.

As I pointed out, the US Airforce is NOT in the Constitution,

Back to chanting your mantra. Tossing out what you think are "holy words" from a Soros hate site has no bearing on the discussion.

No one claimed that the Air Force is a Constitutional right.

neither is the president being commander-in-chief of it.

The Constitution on a fascist democrat is like salt on a slug, it causes you Brown Shirts to foam and spit.

Article II

{
Section. 2.
Clause 1: The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment}

Try again, Comrade.

It's a derived authority. Ad is the right to privacy extended to cover abortion. Other derived ideas include that searches by the government are not limited to physical searches, but include such things as wiretaping,

So, the claim you are cutting and pasting from the Soros hate sites is that going to a public clinic to have an abortion that is public knowledge is a Constitutional right because;

{The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.} :dunno:

You are a fascist democrat, you have never read the Constitution or the amendments therein.

Roe V. Wade is a LAW created by the SCOTUS out of thin air.

There is no Constitutional basis for it.

[
The muslim ban is a lie, only if Trumps promise to put one in place was a lie. If you are to take Trump at his word, it's a muslim ban. If you want to claim Trump lied about 91% of what he said, than it would not be.

Chose wisely.

A campaign slogan is not law.

The lie that you fascists spread of a Muslim ban is openly absurd. What it is, is a Terrorist ban, which is WHY you fascists are so angry about it.

To use your argument, it can't be. Because Trump already stated that ISIS, and other terrorist organizations are in over 60 countries, and he's only stopping people from six or seven of them.

Yes, those which are STATE SPONSORS.

If you could push a button that nuked NY City, killing 5 million Americans, but would ensure that George Soros could pick the current and future presidents.

Would you have a sandwich or drink a beer before you pushed the button?

Forum List

Back