CDZ Transgender in the Military Debate

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jwoodie, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,831
    Maybe, maybe not. But military culture is similar across many countries. Looking at how it works in other countries, especially those with high quality militaries (like Israel) can provide information.

I actually DID read it, but I am not seeing how it necessarily applies to the military. They do their own physical and psychiatric assessments of potential recruits do they not?

2. task0778

task0778 Silver Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,690
    Seriously you don't see a problem with giving a person a weapon and sending them to a war zone if they have a mental disorder or are more suicidal? Or are more prone to become that way?

But maybe it ain't that easy to tell in advance who is a little bit suicidal or otherwise mentally unstable. When they induct in, they separate the males and females right off the bat, don't want any harassment charges, do we? So, if you are in the wrong group even though your physical body says you're in the right group then that right there is the signal that says we got a problem with this person. If you've already had your sex change then obviously it gets a little tougher, but basically if you've got a dick then you're treated as a male and if you don't then you're treated as a female. If you've got a problem with that then it's time for you to go.

3. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,945
    Based on your #5, I beleive a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is in order. Pre-op transgenders showering with their biological opposite sex is out of order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,107
    I know about Israel. Trans don't serve in combat roles or any critical or sensitive areas.