CDZ Boy Scouts apologize for insertion of political rhetoric into boy scout jamoree

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
"These character-building experiences have not diminished in recent days at the jamboree – Scouts have continued to trade patches, climb rock walls, and share stories about the day’s adventures. But for our Scouting family at home not able to see these real moments of Scouting, we know the past few days have been overshadowed by the remarks offered by the President of the United States.

I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree. That was never our intent. The invitation for the sitting U.S. President to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition that has been extended to the leader of our nation that has had a Jamboree during his term since 1937. It is in no way an endorsement of any person, party or policies. For years, people have called upon us to take a position on political issues, and we have steadfastly remained non-partisan and refused to comment on political matters. We sincerely regret that politics were inserted into the Scouting program.

While we live in a challenging time in a country divided along political lines, the focus of Scouting remains the same today as every day.

Trustworthiness, loyalty, kindness and bravery are just a few of the admirable traits Scouts aspire to develop – in fact, they make up the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

As part of our program’s duty to country, we teach youth to become active citizens, to participate in their government, respect the variety of perspectives and to stand up for individual rights."

From the Chief: Our Perspective on the Presidential Visit - Scouting Wire

I think we can all agree that politicizing the boy scout jamboree was wholly inappropriate. So the question is, how does a group teach values in the face of that type of intrusion?

When Trump can't be appropriate in front of boy scouts, there is a problem.

"These character-building experiences have not diminished in recent days at the jamboree – Scouts have continued to trade patches, climb rock walls, and share stories about the day’s adventures. But for our Scouting family at home not able to see these real moments of Scouting, we know the past few days have been overshadowed by the remarks offered by the President of the United States.

I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree. That was never our intent. The invitation for the sitting U.S. President to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition that has been extended to the leader of our nation that has had a Jamboree during his term since 1937. It is in no way an endorsement of any person, party or policies. For years, people have called upon us to take a position on political issues, and we have steadfastly remained non-partisan and refused to comment on political matters. We sincerely regret that politics were inserted into the Scouting program.

While we live in a challenging time in a country divided along political lines, the focus of Scouting remains the same today as every day.

Trustworthiness, loyalty, kindness and bravery are just a few of the admirable traits Scouts aspire to develop – in fact, they make up the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

As part of our program’s duty to country, we teach youth to become active citizens, to participate in their government, respect the variety of perspectives and to stand up for individual rights."

I think we can all agree that politicizing the boy scout jamboree was wholly inappropriate. So the question is, how does a group teach values in the face of that type of intrusion?

So some parents yelled and screamed at the leadership and threatened them with ":whatever" and they knuckled under.

Your side gets its usual moral "victory" and in 2 weeks this will be forgotten along with all the other vapors inducing things done by Trump.

We sincerely regret that politics were inserted into the Scouting program.
Then we get
im confused

So some parents yelled and screamed at the leadership and threatened them with ":whatever" and they knuckled under.

Your side gets its usual moral "victory" and in 2 weeks this will be forgotten along with all the other vapors inducing things done by Trump.

no president has ever spewed political rhetoric at the boy scout jamboree....

what is appropriate or "presidential" about these. (i'll remind you that this is the CDZ so you're asked to respond appropriately.

Trump's speech to Boy Scouts: 29 most cringe-worthy lines - CNNPolitics.com

Then we get
im confused
It was his typical "rally" and that's not what the Pres usually says to 12-15 year olds.

Then we get
im confused
It was his typical "rally" and that's not what the Pres usually says to 12-15 year olds.
Oh, i agree. Trump shouldnt have talked about stuff like that. I was just confused by the letter. Maybe i am missing something, but it seems to contradict itself.

"I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree."

Covering his ass.

they ALL weren't offended.

(C'mon, how many of you glossed over that? Be honest)

i had to go hear this thing because i do not really care about scouting so i did not pay attention when it happened.....but i think lots of the stuff he said was out of place for a scout jamboree.....but then trump has a big mouth and creates many of his own problems....basically he doesnt know when to shut up....

i had to go hear this thing because i do not really care about scouting so i did not pay attention when it happened.....but i think lots of the stuff he said was out of place for a scout jamboree.....but then trump has a big mouth and creates many of his own problems....basically he doesnt know when to shut up....

and that is the crux of the matter.

thanks Harry.

When I was a Boy Scout I was too busy trying to earn a Girl Scout's cookie badge, and panties to run up the flagpole, they weren't much boobs for bras on the flagpole......And yes, there were some guys that enjoy raiding guys underwear, claiming they were too shy for girls....

and that is the crux of the matter.

thanks Harry.
your welcome Jill.....

There is no shortage of old men that blow hot air ....It has something to do with the forest hair that grows in the ears at that age..

Trump isn't very good with kids. When his came to visit on Daddy custody visit days, he took them to work with him and threw a couple Tonka trucks their way.
Good thing the kids had good moms.

Then we get
im confused

about?

Trump's speech to Boy Scouts: 29 most cringe-worthy lines - CNNPolitics.com
I AM curious....how is trump going to MAKE us say "merry christmas"?

I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to his first SOTU....he dodged doing one in January.

Forum List

Back