Tragedy Cannot is not preventable

Extreme Risk Prevention Order
Wtf is that?
BTW, Oops--it's PROTECTION order, not Prevention order.
Extreme Risk Protection Order
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Extreme Risk Protection Order (EPRO), also known as a red flag law, is a gun control law that permits police or family members, with a judge's permission, to take firearms from people who may present a danger to others or themselves. The firearm owner may not reacquire the firearm(s) unless they can show that there is no risk in their possession of them.[1]

As of November 2017, California, Connecticut, Oregon, and Washington have this law. Prompted by a number of mass shootings, 32 ERPO bills are now being considered in the legislatures of 19 states as well as Washington, D.C.[2]

In opposition to EPROs, the National Rifle Association said in a statement that the ERPO "strips the accused of their Second Amendment rights [and] would be issued by a judge based on the brief statement of the petitioner."[2]

So a law that the NRA opposes might have actually prevented this shooting? Or at the very least severely impeded this killer from having the means to carry out the crime?
Possibly. I think along with ERPO, better ability to share information among local and federal l.e. and schools and mental health providers is crucial. If a student is expelled for violent behavior, why CAN'T that be a flag on a federal background check? I'm not talking about a three day suspension for fisticuffs. An expulsion for violent/threatening behavior is a seriously red flag, though. It might not be reason to disallow a gun purchase (especially after ten years or something) but it should be a piece of the puzzle that the background check provides.
I’m good with that!
Why do we need a law to add it? Seems like common sense!

So sad that people on the left think tragedy can be prevented. When an ice storm leaves highways undrivable and 20 car pileups occur, how would you prevent that?

When a nut job enters a building full of children, how do you prevent it?

Come on left tell us how we prevent tragedy? Where are your voices?

Guns don’t kill children like cars don’t kill 20 on the icy highways.

You all are truly stupid!

So, what you are saying is that there is no way to prevent these things from happening we should not try to make them happen less

that is fucking brilliant.
Progressives/Career politicians/deep state people should not be listening to or even acknowledged on such matters. They should not even be expected to because they have not worked for the country for over a long time.

You could replace “deep state” with “Santa clause” and it would have the same credibility

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So sad that people on the left think tragedy can be prevented. When an ice storm leaves highways undrivable and 20 car pileups occur, how would you prevent that?

When a nut job enters a building full of children, how do you prevent it?

Come on left tell us how we prevent tragedy? Where are your voices?

Guns don’t kill children like cars don’t kill 20 on the icy highways.

You all are truly stupid!

So, what you are saying is that there is no way to prevent these things from happening we should not try to make them happen less

that is fucking brilliant.
Progressives/Career politicians/deep state people should not be listening to or even acknowledged on such matters. They should not even be expected to because they have not worked for the country for over a long time.

You could replace “deep state” with “Santa clause” and it would have the same credibility

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Santa is real! Your kids never sat on his knee?

Forum List

Back