Torture, or whatever you want to call it, "justified" by majority

Name all of the 'taliban' that aren't Muslim.

The translation of Taliban doesnt change because you want it too. You said specifically that Taliban meant "student of islam" in quotes and it does not.

Sorry, not sorry

The translation of Taliban doesnt change because you want it too. You said specifically that Taliban meant "student of islam" in quotes and it does not.

Sorry, not sorry

The term 'taliban' only applies to Islamic leaning, as I just proved.
Obviously you cannot name even one singe 'taliban' who is not Muslim.

Your post reeks of the kind of dishonesty that one uses to hide the truth.

Sorry, not sorry

Name all the Muslims that aren't Taliban.

Sorry, not sorry

Good one! :D

I don't have a 'beef' with the ignorant....I just attempt to teach 'em.
You can continue to ignore education, and remain as dumb as asphalt.

Well you should write the dictionary and the Pakistan people and tell them they're wrong

This is very simple....not quite as simple as you are, but simple....that is to show what a dunce you are:

Almost right...it simply means "student" but continue on misstating easily searchable information

Actually, I am totally correct.
A lie of omission....as yours is.
Did you know that that the taliban's 'schools' teach only what is permitted by Islam?
Get your head out of the 'sand.'

Jeez Tho dost protest to much.

You could've saved the paragraphs and deflection and just provided...yanno...proof. But I get it...I'll provide the proof and let you do what you do best....Which is to go "Nuuhhhh uhhhh"

Taliban - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ṭālibān "students"

Urban Dictionary Taliban
The word “Taliban” comes from the Arabic word talib, which means “student.”

Taliban - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Political and religious faction and militia that came to power in Afghanistan in the mid-1990s. Following the Soviet Union's 1989 withdrawal from Afghanistan (see Afghan Wars), the Taliban (Persian: “Students”)

Oooo....you cry out for education!

Pakistan created the Taliban. Pakistan was founded with an Islamic character. When Bangladesh broke away it was due to ethnic diversity, and the Pakistanis remembered this.

So when Afghanistan needed aid after the Russian invasion, they only supported Islamic groups, and thus the secular and nationalist factions whithered on the vine.

They only supported the 'students' who practiced fundamentalist Islam, i.e., Islamofascists.

I, totally correct.

You, a simpleton searching for a way out of your mistake.
Almost right...it simply means "student" but continue on misstating easily searchable information

Did you know that that the taliban's 'schools' teach only what is permitted by Islam?

You could've saved the paragraphs and deflection and just provided...yanno...proof. But I get it...I'll provide the proof and let you do what you do best....Which is to go "Nuuhhhh uhhhh"

Urban Dictionary Taliban

Political and religious faction and militia that came to power in Afghanistan in the mid-1990s. Following the Soviet Union's 1989 withdrawal from Afghanistan (see Afghan Wars), the Taliban (Persian: “Students”)

Pakistan created the Taliban. Pakistan was founded with an Islamic character. When Bangladesh broke away it was due to ethnic diversity, and the Pakistanis remembered this.

So when Afghanistan needed aid after the Russian invasion, they only supported Islamic groups, and thus the secular and nationalist factions whithered on the vine.

They only supported the 'students' who practiced fundamentalist Islam, i.e., Islamofascists.

I, totally correct.

Thats a great story and all but Taliban means student

Urban Dictionary Taliban

I, totally correct.

So when you put "student of islam" you knew that wasnt the translation?

Sorry chicka your beef isnt with me...its with reality. Sorry reality is different than your fantasy

Urban Dictionary Taliban

Political and religious faction and militia that came to power in Afghanistan in the mid-1990s. Following the Soviet Union's 1989 withdrawal from Afghanistan (see Afghan Wars), the Taliban (Persian: “Students”

This is very simple....not quite as simple as you are, but simple....that is to show what a dunce you are:

Name all the North Korean communists who aren't Korean.

Sorry, not sorry

Good one! :D

The hanging curveballs fly out of the stadium quite often.

Sorry, not sorry

So why doesnt Taliban mean "Student of the Turban" then since all the Taliban wears them?

Sorry, not sorry

So why doesnt Taliban mean "Student of the Turban" then since all the Taliban wears them?

"The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ṭālibān "students"), alternative spelling Taleban,[19] is an Islamic fundamentalist political movement..."

The beatings will continue until enlightenment emerges.

Sorry, not sorry

"The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ṭālibān "students"), alternative spelling Taleban,[19] is an Islamic fundamentalist political movement..."

But you said "taliban" means "student of islam". Your quote says nothing about student at all.

You're at the point where you are proving yourself wrong over simple definitions.

Thats fine tho....most of what you say is some twisted perversion of what the reality is anyway.

I dont have time for someone too stupid to know they are wrong and wants to duke it out with a Dictionary. Peace

Sorry, not sorry

But you said "taliban" means "student of islam". Your quote says nothing about student at all.

You're at the point where you are proving yourself wrong over simple definitions.

Thats fine tho....most of what you say is some twisted perversion of what the reality is anyway.

I dont have time for someone too stupid to know they are wrong and wants to duke it out with a Dictionary. Peace

Ta·li·ban
(tăl′ə-băn′)
n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
A fundamentalist Muslim group of Afghanistan and western Pakistan, known for its militaryand paramilitary activities.
[Pashto tālibān, pl. of tālib, student, from Persian, from Arabic, seeker, student, from ṭalaba, toseek; see ṭlb in Semitic roots.]
Taliban - definition of Taliban by The Free Dictionary

"I dont have time for someone too stupid to know they are wrong and wants to duke it out with a Dictionary."

I fight ignorance where ever I find it.

Torture, or whatever you want to call it, "justified" by majority of Americans.

New poll finds majority of Americans believe torture justified after 9 11 attacks - The Washington Post

By an almost 2-1 margin, or 59-to-31 percent, those interviewed support the CIA’s brutal methods, with the vast majority of supporters saying they produced valuable intelligence.

Never underestimate the stupidity in this country.
I never underestimate the stupidity of some USMB posters. Read into that whatever you will.

Oh so now I'm an in-bred idiot. Thats better than being a fucking idiot like you are.

Wars will always be fought and civilians will always die in those wars and only an idiot like you would believe otherwise.

You can rant and rave all you want about civilian casualties but there is nothing you or anyone else can do about them. Civilians will always be killed in war.

Put on your big boy pants and catch a fucking clue. Idiot.

New poll finds majority of Americans believe torture justified after 9 11 attacks - The Washington Post

By an almost 2-1 margin, or 59-to-31 percent, those interviewed support the CIA’s brutal methods, with the vast majority of supporters saying they produced valuable intelligence.

I never underestimate the stupidity of some USMB posters. Read into that whatever you will.

I'm in agreement with you totally, Meathead. :D

meat·head
ˈmētˌhed/
noun
informal
  1. a stupid person.

meat·head
ˈmētˌhed/
noun
informal
  1. a stupid person.
dingbat
[ding-bat] Spell Syllables
noun
Slang. an eccentric, silly, or empty-headed person.

meat·head
ˈmētˌhed/
noun
informal
  1. a stupid person.
dingbat
noun

My name is Carla. I'm not stupid enough to name myself meathead/dingbat. :p

meat·head
ˈmētˌhed/
noun
informal
  1. a stupid person.
dingbat
noun

My name is Carla. I'm not stupid enough to name myself meathead/dingbat. :p
Doesn't matter, you're still a dingbat.

Forum List

Back