Top GOP Pollster To Party: Reverse Course On Gay Rights

I feel reasonably certain that GOP leaders will not reverse their course on gay rights any time in the foreseeable future. They feel that God Almighty is on their bigoted side, and might makes right. It's the wingnut way...

If GOP reversed course on gay rights, that would be that much less reason to think they're a terrible choice.

The truth is Republicans don't want gays to have jobs.

They don't want gays to have families.

They don't want gays to get married.

They want gays to die or go away. Better if they die.

This is how Republicans feel about gays. Period.

Dick Cheney came out for gay marriage in 2009.

Years before Obama. Obviously he "evolved" quicker.

:lol:

I love this from the Daily Kos:

It is sad to watch everyone jump for joy over the Presiden't's eventual realization that gay couples should have the same rights as everyone else.

He didn't take this stance until now. Meanwhile the dark lord, the arch criminal Dick Cheney did 4 years ago.

Politics in this country is nothing more than team fandom.

Jump for joy, but don't make this into something it is not. The President is a political opportunist and you have been played. Yeah yeah yeah he's got my vote.

But don't lie to yourself. Obama is four years behind Cheney on this issue. Explain that.

Daily Kos: Dick Cheney Endorsed Gay Marriage in 2009

And if he didn't have a gay offspring - when would it have happened.

P.S.: Who (on that side of the aisle) do you see following his lead?

And yet how many states have been able to pass a gay marriage act on the ballot?

Hmmm...

Makes one wonder exactly how popular it really is!

Is that why you're so afraid of Republicans, you fear for your gay life?

And yet how many states have been able to pass a gay marriage act on the ballot?

Hmmm...

Makes one wonder exactly how popular it really is!

Nobody is saying that there isn't staunch resistance against gay rights, firmly embedded even within more liberal states.

No, they just think that for cultural and religious reasons marriage is something sacred and it's between a man and a woman and extending it to gay couples would be an agression to the sacredness of this institution. Other than that, they don't want to forbid gays to have jobs, to be loved, or to deny them any rights (including the right to have sex with whoever they want, tho knowing that not anything you CAN do is good for you).

It's just that marriage is not just about sex, it's about family, culture, religion, tradition, things that are sacred for many people and for the majority of the people I think.

I feel reasonably certain that GOP leaders will not reverse their course on gay rights any time in the foreseeable future. They feel that God Almighty is on their bigoted side, and might makes right. It's the wingnut way...

And I have no doubt that Democratics will be changing their Godless, reprehensible ways anytime soon either.

You see what I did there? Yea.

And I have no doubt that Democratics will be changing their Godless, reprehensible ways anytime soon either.

You see what I did there? Yea.

Not really, but I'll give you a cookie anyway.

/cookie

;)

You guys really think gay marriage is going to a major issue in this election I can't decide if that is stupid, partisan or a combination of both.

It will be a big issue, that should be obvious. Unfortunately, it is going to be a big issue because most people are both stupid AND partisan ;)

Oh well....

You guys really think gay marriage is going to a major issue in this election I can't decide if that is stupid, partisan or a combination of both.

It will be a big issue, that should be obvious.

I highly doubt it. People are going to have more important things on their minds when they go to vote in November.

Forum List

Back