top 1% should pay their fair share of taxes

Chapelle

Rookie
Feb 11, 2011
Political parties will not be referred to by name, since we all have our own preferences and biases about who is doing what to whom. Come to your own conclusions and perhaps feel encouraged to contact your representative, and maybe, just maybe, we could see them take an unique moral path for the good of Main Street America and those less fortunate.

Well, well, it looks like the politicians are determined to protect the interest of their "Home Boys" (corporate America) at the expense of Middle America. They seem to be willing to tread on the backs of the middle class, working poor and those less fortunate to achieve their goal. Attempts to cut federal funded programs to reduce the deficit are designed to impact the middle class, working poor and those below the poverty level, their own constituents. But many politicians see only Corporate America as their constituency.

Heaven forbid Corporate America should be expected to shoulder any portion of the current financial burden, when it was their greed that ignited this financial crisis that non-corporate America faces and is expected to sacrifice to remedy the problem. I don't see any sacrifices the politicians or their “Home Boys" are expected to make. Do you? Foolish me, I was taught bribery was illegal, I guess not in the corporate/political venue, or they just relabel it as a “political contribution” to make it sound and look legitimate. I ask, is there a conflict of interest here????????

The politicians could take a 5% pay cut and it would help reduce the deficit, and their lifestyle wouldn't be as devastated as the ordinary citizens of America are enduring. WE are the people THEY are suppose to represent, not just corporate America. They could view the pay cut as paying forward or just giving back. It's doubtful their "Home Boys" would let them anguish too much if they did take a pay cut

What appears to be a mostly male dominated corporate representation on the news is the basis of "Home Boys" description; to be sure there are some "Home Girls" out there, we don't seem to be privileged by their appearance.

Heaven forbid Corporate America should be expected to shoulder any portion of the current financial burden, when it was their greed that ignited this financial crisis that non-corporate America faces and is expected to sacrifice to remedy the problem. I don't see any sacrifices the politicians or their “Home Boys" are expected to make. Do you? Foolish me, I was taught bribery was illegal, I guess not in the corporate/political venue, or they just relabel it as a “political contribution” to make it sound and look legitimate. I ask, is there a conflict of interest here????????

Note to Corporate America: Stop Whining | Mother Jones

blog_tax_corporate_share_gdp.jpg

Basically the USA is one of facing three choices:

1. the USA dramatically elects to cut back on Empire building, which means that we cut the military budget by staggering amounts

2. the EXTREMELY wealth ('m guessing that the top 1/10th of 1%) pay a LOT more taxes;

3. The USA goes broke.

Realistically speaking, my guess is the Masters are going to allow the USA to go broke rather than tax the truly RICH to keep the nation solvent.

FYI - And I think THIS is a very important thing to remember

People making $250,000 a year are not "the rich"

They are not the people responsible for the financial mess this nation is in.

They are, if anything, the people who have do more ECONOMIC GOOD for our national economy than any other class.

They are ALREADY paying too high a rate of taxes.

They are most victimized class of our tax codes.

They are our professional class, our small business class, basically they bourgeois class of the USA that helps made this nation great.

Folks, the people getting away with murder (tax wise, at least) are the multi-millionarie and billionaire class. The TOP fraction of the top 1% of all incomes earners.

And EVEN MOST OF THEM they are not responsible for gigantic SWINDLE that has caused this most recent economic meltdown.

I was in Norway last September. Prices for everything were rediculous! We went into a TGIF for lunch - their seafood salad was close to $100 !!!

We settled for McDonald's - a 1/4 pounder, fries and a soda - $17

Another traveler's experience in Oslo - My high-priced Norwegian credit card adventure - CreditCards.com

I was in Norway last September. Prices for everything were rediculous! We went into a TGIF for lunch - their seafood salad was close to $100 !!!

Another traveler's experience in Oslo - My high-priced Norwegian credit card adventure - CreditCards.com

Norway is simply the other end of the scale Warrior....

Basically the USA is one of facing three choices:

1. the USA dramatically elects to cut back on Empire building, which means that we cut the military budget by staggering amounts

2. the EXTREMELY wealth ('m guessing that the top 1/10th of 1%) pay a LOT more taxes;

3. The USA goes broke.

Realistically speaking, my guess is the Masters are going to allow the USA to go broke rather than tax the truly RICH to keep the nation solvent.

FYI - And I think THIS is a very important thing to remember

People making $250,000 a year are not "the rich"

They are not the people responsible for the financial mess this nation is in.

They are, if anything, the people who have do more ECONOMIC GOOD for our national economy than any other class.

They are ALREADY paying too high a rate of taxes.

They are most victimized class of our tax codes.

They are our professional class, our small business class, basically they bourgeois class of the USA that helps made this nation great.

Folks, the people getting away with murder (tax wise, at least) are the multi-millionarie and billionaire class. The TOP fraction of the top 1% of all incomes earners.

And EVEN MOST OF THEM they are not responsible for gigantic SWINDLE that has caused this most recent economic meltdown.

Right, so we're gonna tax those who are responsible?

Good. Start with Congress. Make 'em pay back every single fucking cent that they've taken over the past decade..... salary, expenses, perks, the whole lot.

Then, you can start calling the shots about the rest of us.

Norway is simply the other end of the scale Warrior....

So, fucking stay in Norway. This is the United States of America. We are not Norway, or Germany, or France, or Great Britain or anywhere else. We don't follow, we go our own way.

Good. Start with Congress. Make 'em pay back every single fucking cent that they've taken over the past decade..... salary, expenses, perks, the whole lot.

well there might be some common ground betwix us here CG, what say we pay our legislators the median American income, they make good when we make good?

well there might be some common ground betwix us here CG, what say we pay our legislators the median American income, they make good when we make good?

I have consistently maintained that no one in DC should earn more than a front line soldier, unless they're getting shot at like our soldiers do. No one does more important work than our troops. Certainly not those corrupt little rat bastards in DC.

It's not a case of 'they do it', 'we do it'. They chose their profession - I chose mine - you chose yours. They got us into this clusterfuck, let them pay for it.

Forum List

Back