Tooth Ache

it is so close to dinner and I'm hungry so my hub was kind to make me a leftover meatloaf sandwich with chips. He makes the best meatloaf I've ever eaten. Wish you all could sample for I think you would have to agree.

If you ever get a chance to take a Holland America cruise..you have to try the chocolate eclairs..they are filled with a dark chocolate creme filling ... the best pastry I have ever had anywhere.

We have bakliva here at the restaurant...It is made with honey ...If it came without walnuts it would be better.
You don't like walnuts or allergic to them? I think baklava without walnuts just isn't baklava. First time I ever had it was a Turkish woman who made it home made the dough and everything. I was so impressed.

Eclairs are ok, but most I've had I don't like the chocolate on top. You know the dunking doughnut type chocolate. YUK

Are you a big sweet eater?

As I said I would be happy with taking a bite of chips then something sweet. LOL...I know I'm different.

I'm 6' 220lbs.

The eclairs I am reffering to do not have chocolate on top. They have a a sprinkling of powdered sugar on them. The pastry is the lightest flaky shell ...sweet and flavored with real vanilla...by itself a world class desert..but no..they had to fill it with a creme filling flavored with just more than a hint of dark chocolate. You cannot compare them to anything bought in a store or even a bakery. They have specialty chefs on those boats. The food on Holland America boats is beyond anything mortals should be allowed to enjoy.

If you ever get a chance to take a Holland America cruise..you have to try the chocolate eclairs..they are filled with a dark chocolate creme filling ... the best pastry I have ever had anywhere.

We have bakliva here at the restaurant...It is made with honey ...If it came without walnuts it would be better.
You don't like walnuts or allergic to them? I think baklava without walnuts just isn't baklava. First time I ever had it was a Turkish woman who made it home made the dough and everything. I was so impressed.

Eclairs are ok, but most I've had I don't like the chocolate on top. You know the dunking doughnut type chocolate. YUK

As I said I would be happy with taking a bite of chips then something sweet. LOL...I know I'm different.

I'm 6' 220lbs.

The eclairs I am reffering to do not have chocolate on top. They have a a sprinkling of powdered sugar on them. The pastry is the lightest flaky shell ...sweet and flavored with real vanilla...by itself a world class desert..but no..they had to fill it with a creme filling flavored with just more than a hint of dark chocolate. You cannot compare them to anything bought in a store or even a bakery. They have specialty chefs on those boats. The food on Holland America boats is beyond anything mortals should be allowed to enjoy.
Oh sounds yummy, I have no idea where does the Holland America Boats set sail from?

I'm 6' 220lbs.

Oh sounds yummy, I have no idea where does the Holland America Boats set sail from?

Closest to you is probably Fort Lauderdale.

I'm 6' 220lbs.

I have been wanting to take a cruise for years but my husband doesn't want to. He says they are invested with rats/roaches blah blah blah.

Hopefully one say I can go, so out of all the cruises you think the Holland American one is the best because if I go I want the best. Hrm..maybe I can search that cruise ship, find the name of the chef, and see if he cooks any place else. Great now I want to taste this eclair!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember who set it up.
My self deprecating humor was the inspiration.
*wink* o'tay whatever you say, MM. *giggles*

See post #1 in this thread. (it was written by you by the way)
I still have the honor of being inside your head.

Me, you, a key lime pie, now that would be sweet.
LOL, yeah right. However your words provoked a song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1XNzqzN7A]YouTube - The Beach Boys - Kokomo Lyrics [1988][/ame]

I like ice cream, frozen yogurt, cheese cake. Pecan pie is pretty delish but no candy or chocolates. This is only on rare occasions. I really like salty snacks better than sweets.
Yeah I go back and forth between salty things and sweets...it's the hormones Sarah.

That's what chocolate covered pretzels are for. :lol:

When the cravings are really intense nothing beats a tub of chocolate ice cream and a salt lick.

*wink* o'tay whatever you say, MM. *giggles*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1XNzqzN7A]YouTube - The Beach Boys - Kokomo Lyrics [1988][/ame]

Free rep to anybody that guesses the name of the town I grew up in that is mentioned in this song. You only get one guess.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FaflUn4Co[/ame]

Do you like candy/sweets? What is your favorite candy? No I don’t mean EYE CANDY…I mean the candy filled with sugar and calories. Oh MM…don’t go there…I hear you already. LMAO

I have many but I tend to once in a while eat Good & Plenty while sitting at my desk. I’m not big on Chocolate but a rich chocolate cake I would have to eat a small slice.

Snickers – blah ok if nothing else around

Reese Cup – Yeah I like that and tend to grab that at the checkout counter when crave sweets.

Almond Joy - Sometimes but coconuts are not my favorite.

Heath bar- Is ok

I prefer Cherry, blueberry, pecan pies

I like strawberry cheese cake

I like a banana smoothie

I like key lime pie

My favorite of all sweets is Baklava

So name your favorites.

I have a recipe for baklava from a girl whose mother was from Greece. Time consuming but OMG! I'll send it to you if you want. The girl was 25 or so and worked in the same office building as me (different department) and was screwing around with the married mid-40 controller. We used to call them the pencil and the pencil sharpener.

I love how you put the font to size 3 for the sweets thread. :lol:

Last edited:

I have been wanting to take a cruise for years but my husband doesn't want to. He says they are invested with rats/roaches blah blah blah.

Hopefully one say I can go, so out of all the cruises you think the Holland American one is the best because if I go I want the best. Hrm..maybe I can search that cruise ship, find the name of the chef, and see if he cooks any place else. Great now I want to taste this eclair!!!!!!!!!!

invested with rats/roaches blah blah blah.

I thought that's what happened to the economy..:lol::lol::lol:

No bugs on Halland America. It is the best. I'll be the most fun you ever had outside your bedroom.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1XNzqzN7A"]YouTube - The Beach Boys - Kokomo Lyrics [1988][/ame]

Free rep to anybody that guesses the name of the town I grew up in that is mentioned in this song. You only get one guess.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FaflUn4Co]YouTube - The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA [Live][/ame]
Redondo beach

invested with rats/roaches blah blah blah.

I thought that's what happened to the economy..:lol::lol::lol:

No bugs on Halland America. It is the best. I'll be the most fun you ever had outside your bedroom.
Typo, my fingers were going too fast. How would you know how much fun I've had in my life. Gosh I could write a book. just because I never went on a cruise ship doesn't mean I haven't had fun. I did sail on a 27ft sail boat from cocoa beach fla to Ft. Lauderdale

Chocolate, chocolate-covered stuff
Homemade ice cream
Pecan pie (you gotta get one of the elderly church ladies to make 'em - they do it old school :thup:)
Peanut butter pie

I'm not an elderly church lady type but . . . . damn I make a to-die-for pecan pie.

Forum List

Back