Tooth Ache

Are you a regular sailor, Terry?
I grew up on boats kind of. My grandfather was a fisherman by trade, owned a Skipjack sailboat on the eastern shore of Maryland. I ate 6 days a week nothing but seafood so today I cannot eat seafood. It is hard to smell it, but yeah I love boats. I learned how to sail, and can sail a boat by myself providing it isn't real big. Boats are a lot of work!
Not many Skipjacks left. Ever been to the Deale Island Skipjack races? It's pretty cool but it's also sad to see the condition of some of these boats - folks just don't have enough funding to keep these historic vessels up. Sad, but still a cool thing to attend.

I'm a regular sailor. I'm more into racing than cruising, though. Crewed big boats most of my time and just started dinghy-ish racing. I love that - very, very technical racing with little room for error.

Boats are a lot of work to own, but to sail, I love that sort of work. I owned for only two years then decided I don't have the time for it. Now, I only crew. Can't beat the fresh air, the sunshine, the spray of the Bay, etc.

I do know he puts Italian bread crumbs and sometimes he makes this homemade. As far as spices I have no idea. I think the pan makes the difference to because his never sits down in the fat that drains off. It's on a rack inside the pan.

Does he use a mix a pork/beef/veal or just beef? Ooo, on a rack. Gonna do that next time I ever make it.

The best meatloaf has a mix of beef/pork.

Now, lets get back to our regularly scheduled derailment of the thread.

beef/pork or beef/pork/veal?

Put some chocolate in the mix and the thread is back on track.

Are you a regular sailor, Terry?
I grew up on boats kind of. My grandfather was a fisherman by trade, owned a Skipjack sailboat on the eastern shore of Maryland. I ate 6 days a week nothing but seafood so today I cannot eat seafood. It is hard to smell it, but yeah I love boats. I learned how to sail, and can sail a boat by myself providing it isn't real big. Boats are a lot of work!
Not many Skipjacks left. Ever been to the Deale Island Skipjack races? It's pretty cool but it's also sad to see the condition of some of these boats - folks just don't have enough funding to keep these historic vessels up. Sad, but still a cool thing to attend.

I'm a regular sailor. I'm more into racing than cruising, though. Crewed big boats most of my time and just started dinghy-ish racing. I love that - very, very technical racing with little room for error.

Boats are a lot of work to own, but to sail, I love that sort of work. I owned for only two years then decided I don't have the time for it. Now, I only crew. Can't beat the fresh air, the sunshine, the spray of the Bay, etc.
That is where my grandfather lives and yes every Labor day as a kid we were in those races and my grandfather won many. Before my grandfather died he sold his boat to some guy that lives in Florida. They guy sailed the boat and around the Jacksonville area he ran over rocks and sank that boat. We all cried that day. Fond memories but my family on that side are really back country fishermen type you know. Deals Island is exactly where my grandparents lived. I still have a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles there. My dad is buried there too.

Does he use a mix a pork/beef/veal or just beef? Ooo, on a rack. Gonna do that next time I ever make it.

Veal is beef.

Never had chocolate in my meatloaf, it doesn't sound right.
chocolate and strawberries sounds right,
chocolate and sex sounds right,
but not chocolate and meatloaf.

That's how I cook too. Sort of follow the recipe but not really. If he wants to share I'm all ears. I used to make meatloaf till I was pregnant with my son. Beef, hamburger in particular, just couldn't eat it and never really got back into the meatloaf thing after getting sick from eating it while pregnant.
I do know he puts Italian bread crumbs and sometimes he makes this homemade. As far as spices I have no idea. I think the pan makes the difference to because his never sits down in the fat that drains off. It's on a rack inside the pan.

Good meatloaf must have a rack. You can get the pan with the rack for just a few bucks, it makes a huge difference.

you know what my first lesson was in sailing? My father made me go out in the bay, in a wooden pram, and had me sail and jibe, then he yelled out in the bullhorn to sink it. OMG..I didn't want to lose my dingy and held on to the rope as long as I could. LOL

Good meatloaf must have a rack. You can get the pan with the rack for just a few bucks, it makes a huge difference.
no my husband likes to use my cookie rack!

Veal is beef.

Never had chocolate in my meatloaf, it doesn't sound right.
chocolate and strawberries sounds right,
chocolate and sex sounds right,
but not chocolate and meatloaf.

Baby cow, supposedly different taste/texture. Moo.
Just keeping it on track w/the sweets.
Sex and chocolate is right. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: del
ah damn, I didn't mean for your mind to go there, Del. I blame MM, he sure does get that mind to go there doesn't he? So blame him, he started it.

ah damn, I didn't mean for your mind to go there, Del. I blame MM, he sure does get that mind to go there doesn't he? So blame him, he started it.

j/k i blame MM for everything :cool:

i think it's keeping it out of the fat that makes the difference.

i'm a root beer italian ice guy on really hot nights.
there's nothing better :thup:

bread pudding w/ice cream is good too.

Forum List

Back