Too Much Listening To The Demonization of Oil Companies?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Those with so much empathy for the 'downtrodden' have been heating up their rhetoric on the oil companies, especially those thoughtful folks in the administration. Guess killing jobs in the Gulf wasn't enough, now they are going for families:

Woman injured after box left in front of her northwest Houston home explodes | abc13.com

Erik Barajas
More: Bio, News Team
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local and federal investigators were at a northwest Houston home Friday night where an explosion sent a woman to the hospital.

Related Content
MORE: Got a story idea? Let us know!
The woman was opening a package left at her doorstep in the 2100 block of Seamist Court Friday evening. She had found the shoe-sized box in front of her home about a day ago but didn't decide to open it until around 6:30pm Friday.

The woman, who officials said is in her 60s, took the box to the backyard and opened it on the patio. That's when it exploded.

"Don't know where it came from -- postal service or whether it was dropped off. I don't have that information yet," said HPD Lt. Colin Weatherly."The person went outside, basically opened the packaged; it detonated."

Residents told Eyewitness News that when the bomb went off, it sounded like a transformer blew.

The woman was transported to Northwest Memorial Hospital with facial injuries that are not life-threatening.

Officials with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as the Houston Police Department's homicide and bomb squad were at the scene investigating.
It wasn't immediately clear whether the house was targeted, however, Eyewitness News found out the home is owned by an oil company executive.

Quite a leap to assuming that this was done just because it was the home of an oil exec, don't you think?

I imagine that there's a lot of oil company execs in Houston.

Have there been other such cases?

And why THIS particular exec?

Are they somebody special?

Quite a leap to assuming that this was done just because it was the home of an oil exec, don't you think?

I imagine that there's a lot of oil company execs in Houston.

Have there been other such cases?

And why THIS particular exec?

Are they somebody special?

How much you want to bet the bomber is from that new group, One Nation? :eusa_angel:

Those with so much empathy for the 'downtrodden' have been heating up their rhetoric on the oil companies, especially those thoughtful folks in the administration. Guess killing jobs in the Gulf wasn't enough, now they are going for families:

Woman injured after box left in front of her northwest Houston home explodes | abc13.com

Erik Barajas
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local and federal investigators were at a northwest Houston home Friday night where an explosion sent a woman to the hospital.

Related Content
The woman was opening a package left at her doorstep in the 2100 block of Seamist Court Friday evening. She had found the shoe-sized box in front of her home about a day ago but didn't decide to open it until around 6:30pm Friday.

The woman, who officials said is in her 60s, took the box to the backyard and opened it on the patio. That's when it exploded.

"Don't know where it came from -- postal service or whether it was dropped off. I don't have that information yet," said HPD Lt. Colin Weatherly."The person went outside, basically opened the packaged; it detonated."

Residents told Eyewitness News that when the bomb went off, it sounded like a transformer blew.

The woman was transported to Northwest Memorial Hospital with facial injuries that are not life-threatening.

Officials with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as the Houston Police Department's homicide and bomb squad were at the scene investigating.
It wasn't immediately clear whether the house was targeted, however, Eyewitness News found out the home is owned by an oil company executive.

we must concentrate ALL of our DEMONIZING on liberals, democrats, progressives, rationalists, intellectuals, atheists, homosexuals, feminists, wiccans, muslims

Erik Barajas

Related Content

we must concentrate ALL of our DEMONIZING on liberals, democrats, progressives, rationalists, intellectuals, atheists, homosexuals, feminists, wiccans, muslims

I'll save it for the liberals and progressives. The rest vary by beliefs.

Erik Barajas

Related Content

Oh, the poor oil companies. Thank God nearly every Republican voted to give them more than 35 BILLION in subsidies. AND they managed to convince a few Democrats. Enough to given them the 61 votes needed. Oil companies are home to some of the greatest corporate Gods. The Republican "Trifecta", in the name of "God, Jesus and the CEO".

NO MONEY TO THOSE LAZY UNEMPLOYED. Let them eat "oil".

Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Alexander (R-TN), Nay
Barrasso (R-WY), Nay
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Bayh (D-IN), Nay
Begich (D-AK), Nay
Bennet (D-CO), Nay
Bennett (R-UT), Nay
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Nay
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Yea
Brown (R-MA), Nay
Brownback (R-KS), Nay
Bunning (R-KY), Nay
Burr (R-NC), Nay
Burris (D-IL), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Not Voting
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Nay
Collins (R-ME), Nay
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Corker (R-TN), Nay
Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Nay
DeMint (R-SC), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Nay
Enzi (R-WY), Nay
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Franken (D-MN), Yea
Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Nay
Grassley (R-IA), Nay
Gregg (R-NH), Nay
Hagan (D-NC), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Johanns (R-NE), Nay
Johnson (D-SD), Not Voting
Kaufman (D-DE), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Nay
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
LeMieux (R-FL), Not Voting
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Nay
Lincoln (D-AR), Nay
Lugar (R-IN), Nay
McCain (R-AZ), Nay
McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Nay
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Merkley (D-OR), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Nay
Pryor (D-AR), Nay
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Risch (R-ID), Nay
Roberts (R-KS), Not Voting
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Nay
Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Snowe (R-ME), Nay
Specter (D-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Nay
Thune (R-SD), Nay
Udall (D-CO), Nay
Udall (D-NM), Nay
Vitter (R-LA), Nay
Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
Warner (D-VA), Nay
Webb (D-VA), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Nay
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Well then, rdean makes clear that the families of oil executives are fair game. :cool: Gotta love those peaceful, come hell or high water obama supporters.

Hey Deanie? Which POTUS got the largest amount of cash from an oil company?

The clock is running.

I know you are not going to get this because the right believes only what it wants to. It's called "selective reason".

During the last election, the employees of the company I work at took up contributions and had fundraisers. The money was bundled together and sent to the Obama campaign under the name of the company we work at. Do you have that so far? Good.

The company itself gave money to the McCain campaign. Do you see? The money from the employees went to Obama, the money directly from the company to McCain, but both campaigns list the company as "donors".

The money Obama received from BP came from the engineers, the janitors, the secretaries, the truck drivers, the oil rig workers. I couldn't find anyplace that proves Obama got money from any BP Political Action Committee (PAC) or from the company itself. Do you have a link proving that? Not just a link showing he got money from BP, but exactly who it came from.

And worse, Republicans recieved money from BP at about a rate of 10 to 1. Are you proud of that?

Hurry now, the clock is ticking.

Well then, rdean makes clear that the families of oil executives are fair game. :cool: Gotta love those peaceful, come hell or high water obama supporters.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I merely pointed out that oil companies recieved tens of billions in money from the very people they rip off.

Last edited by a moderator:

The clock is running.

I know you are not going to get this because the right believes only what it wants to. It's called "selective reason".

During the last election, the employees of the company I work at took up contributions and had fundraisers. The money was bundled together and sent to the Obama campaign under the name of the company we work at. Do you have that so far? Good.

The company itself gave money to the McCain campaign. Do you see? The money from the employees went to Obama, the money directly from the company to McCain, but both campaigns list the company as "donors".

The money Obama received from BP came from the engineers, the janitors, the secretaries, the truck drivers, the oil rig workers. I couldn't find anyplace that proves Obama got money from any BP Political Action Committee (PAC) or from the company itself. Do you have a link proving that? Not just a link showing he got money from BP, but exactly who it came from.

And worse, Republicans recieved money from BP at about a rate of 10 to 1. Are you proud of that?

No candidate received money from oil companies, it would be illegal:

FactCheck.org: Obama's Oil Spill

However, Obama did receive more money from big oil executives, by a long shot, than any other candidate.

Oil Industry Leans Toward McCain, But Big Producers Favor Obama - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

The clock is running.

Nice Diatribe...and wrong.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

The clock is running.

No candidate received money from oil companies, it would be illegal:

FactCheck.org: Obama's Oil Spill

However, Obama did receive more money from big oil executives, by a long shot, than any other candidate.

Oil Industry Leans Toward McCain, But Big Producers Favor Obama - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

Yep.

Erik Barajas

Related Content

The drycleaners called. They can't get the bloodwurst stains out of your brown shirts.

Heil Obama

The clock is running.

Got proof? I'd love to see the donor lists for both candidates.

Erik Barajas

Related Content

Ironically you're using one incident to try to demonize everyone who wants BP held responsible.

good one. :lol:

I know it's been popular these days to put down the Big Oil companies but there's some things few are acknowledging here. First, BP is 4% the size of the largest oil company in the world. 90% of the oil in the world is not controlled by the free world. What little access to oil we have is more and more off shore. We've had to develop the technology (which is at best "cutting edge") to make it happen, otherwise we'd be totally dependent on others for the oil. We use the oil. The oil companies are just the means by which we get it and we're pushing their technological limits. That's why this has happened and could likely happen again.
If this oil leak had occurred in the Persian Gulf by an Irianian oil company how outraged would everyone be? Would we even know? Venezuela just lost a rig due to blow back which caught it on fire and sank off of their coast and all we got was a statement from them saying "no harm done". Has anyone bothered to check? Where's the media doing their due diligence? I'm sure anyone approaching the site would be shot.
Our greatest reason for getting away from oil has nothing to do with the environment but has everything to do with maintaining our way of life and security. Taking down BP is not a good thing in that regard. There's plenty of expensive oil in Canada and gas in the US to last till we can truly develop alternative sources.
How many nuclear plants do you think we could have built with the money we've spent propping up our banks?

they ruined the lives of thousands and thousands of people for decades and then got "shook down" for roughly 1 years profit. o the horror! please leave their fragile feelings alone!

Forum List

Back