Tongue Tied

We get it

More unneeded/unwanted migrants who dont speak english results in jobs for unwanted illegal aliens who can speak our language

What a waste

Pretty much. So, the WORKERS have to support them. A theft of labor, money, and ultimately sovereignty.

We get it

More unneeded/unwanted migrants who dont [sic] speak english [sic] results in jobs for unwanted illegal aliens who can speak our language

What a waste
What the hell are you talking about?

You have to teach in 6 languages

Thats [sic] a waste of your time and a loss for American students who understand English
I am there to teach them English. That is specifically what my class is for. No "loss" to native English speaking students. Quite the contrary. And I am not teaching the entire class in each student's L1. In the majority of my classes not at all. Sometimes it only takes translating a word or two here and there to help a student understand what’s going on or get over the hump at a particular point. Sometimes a word here or there makes a student feel more confident and less isolated. Yesterday I had one student who was a real beginner and who had just arrived for his very first day, so I used his L1 a bit more extensively, but the idea is not to rely on it too much.

I am there to teach them English. That is specifically what my class is for. No "loss" to native English speaking students. Quite the contrary. And I am not teaching the entire class in each student's L1. In the majority of my classes not at all. Sometimes it only takes translating a word or two here and there to help a student understand what’s going on or get over the hump at a particular point. Sometimes a word here or there makes a student feel more confident and less isolated. Yesterday I had one student who was a real beginner and who had just arrived for his very first day, so I used his L1 a bit more extensively, but the idea is not to rely on it too much.
Then your salary and cushy retirement are totally wasted on foreigners who should not be in this country taking education money away from citizens

Kudos to the OP for being able to communicate in 6 languages.

He did not claim that he is fluent in 6 languages. He seems to imply that he is able to explain certain aspects of English grammar to any student who speaks one of those six languages.

We should congratulate him on his linguistic abilities.

As the saying goes, some people just seem to have an ear for languages.

I don't know their parents' immigration status and neither do you. You realize just about everyone in America is the descendant of immigrants at some point, right?
I think we know

Probably most are illegal but there is plenty of chain immigration going on too

I don't know their parents' immigration status and neither do you. You realize just about everyone in America is the descendant of immigrants at some point, right?
The problem is illegal, and unrestricted, immigration of peoples with widely different cultures. Too many and they fail to assimilate. They gather in ghettos where they isolate and retain their native culture.

...They gather in ghettos where they isolate and retain their native culture.
The same process of assimilation that immigrants to America have followed for hundreds of years. The melting pot is still working just fine.

The same process of assimilation that immigrants to America have followed for hundreds of years. The melting pot is still working just fine.
A huge part of assimilation is absorption into the workforce. Jury's out on that.

Forum List

Back