Hubris or ignorance?

Because the Goldberg device is Interesting and fun to watch as it does its thing. A toilet not so much. It’s the same reason years ago in band we played a mix of cartoon melodies instead of a Sonata in Dminor.

Because the Goldberg device is Interesting and fun to watch as it does its thing. A toilet not so much. It’s the same reason years ago in band we played a mix of cartoon melodies instead of a Sonata in Dminor.
My brother had a humorous take on such devices. "You wind them up and they play with themselves. All you get to do is watch."

Wind-up toys are just rube goldberg devices that kids quickly tire of. My dad gave my brother and I each a hammer, saw, nails, and pine boards for Xmas one year. Best gifts we ever got. I've been making stuff out of wood ever since.

Currently making a dresser for spare bedroom.

Dresser-2.JPG

Last edited:
My brother had a humorous take on such devices. "You wind them up and they play with themselves. All you get to do is watch."

Wind-up toys are just rube goldberg devices that kids quickly tire of. My dad gave my brother and I each a hammer, saw, nails, and pine boards for Xmas one year. Best gifts we ever got. I've been making stuff out of wood ever since.

Currently making a dresser for spare bedroom.

View attachment 855208
Inspiring kids to work with their hands is a good thing. The trombone my parents gave me one year turned into a collection of instruments and kept me out of trouble

Inspiring kids to work with their hands is a good thing. The trombone my parents gave me one year turned into a collection of instruments and kept me out of trouble
Same here with a guitar and banjo. I'd often stay up into the wee hours playing, even on weekends.

Same here with a guitar and banjo. I'd often stay up into the wee hours playing, even on weekends.
Yeah and I never had enough money for hard drugs when I could get more gear. My wife is starting to understand I don’t know how music gear is too much, but I’m sure going to try and find out

Yeah and I never had enough money for hard drugs when I could get more gear. My wife is starting to understand I don’t know how music gear is too much, but I’m sure going to try and find out
Buy your wife a nice diamond and she'll let you have all the man toys you want.

Buy your wife a nice diamond and she'll let you have all the man toys you want.
Lucky for me she is t a jeweler person, but I have been told before the next guitar or amp comes in the door we are spending a week or two on a tropical beach

Lucky for me she is t a jeweler person, but I have been told before the next guitar or amp comes in the door we are spending a week or two on a tropical beach
Sounds like a win for both of you. Maybe take a ukelele along and serenade her on the beach.

Forum List

Back