Tom Brady says he makes it a practise of occasionally detroying his cell phones....

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Excerpt from Brady's transcript:

Q. During that time, did they ever tell you that

9 if you didn't turn over some texts or e-mails or

10 respond to that that you were going to be

11 disciplined in any way, you know, that you were

12 going to be violating some, you know, specific

13 policy about that or anything like that? Did they

14 ever tell you that?

15 A. No.

16 Q. If you had been informed by them and they

17 said look, this is your duty to cooperate, would you

18 then have produced them no matter what your agents

19 and your counsel said?

20 A. Yes.

21 Q. Okay. Have you ever had anything to hide on

22 this issue, Mr. Brady?

23 A. No.

24 Q. Now, Mr. Brady, let me ask you about your

25 patterns of phones, okay, because not everybody has

1 this pattern, okay. First of all, do you have

2 access to basically cell phones for free?

3 A. Yes.

4 Q. So it is essentially costless to you to get

5 another cell phone?

6 A. Yes.

7 Q. Okay. Now, have you had a practice, and tell

8 me when it began, how long ago, of destroying or, I

9 guess, asking somebody to destroy or get rid of your

10 cell phones periodically?

11 A. I think for as long as I have had a cell

12 phone.

13 Q. Okay. Since you have been in the NFL?

14 A. I don't remember all the way back, but yeah,

15 I've had a cell phone since being in the NFL.

16 Q. So whenever you first started having, I don't

17 know when cell phones started, but whenever you

18 started having cell phones in the NFL, that has been

19 your practice, correct?

20 A. Yes.

21 Q. Okay. And did you do anything unusual here
in terms of getting rid of your phone? And I will

23 explain what I mean. In other words, did you hear

24 about the Wells investigation or the request for

25 this and then say, oh, let's get rid of my cell

1 phone or anything like that?

2 A. No.

3 Q. Did you do anything unusual except your

4 normal practice, when you are done with a cell

5 phone, to get rid of it and have it destroyed?

6 A. That's what I do.

So Brady is a habitual cell phone destroyer! Maybe he can get some therapy for that....

Last edited:
When I heard that I thought suuuurrre. ;)

Does Brady think we are just stupid or something? This would be over if he had just fessed up and said, "I asked that my balls be deflated. It was a mistake."

The guy is a multimillionaire. Why has he got to insult the intelligence of every NFL fan, outside New England. They think he is immortal.

His arrogance reminds of the guy from Draft Day with Kevin Costner.

Does Brady think we are just stupid or something? This would be over if he had just fessed up and said, "I asked that my balls be deflated. It was a mistake."

The guy is a multimillionaire. Why has he got to insult the intelligence of every NFL fan, outside New England. They think he is immortal.

His arrogance reminds of the guy from Draft Day with Kevin Costner.

I never saw that one,will have to check it out sometime.speaking of movies of sports,have you ever seen major league with charlie sheen? if so,you should watch it again because i have heard that it is based off the actions of that evil witch georgia frontier former owner of the Rams who purposely sabogotaged the team to get fans pised at her to stop showing up for games so she could justify the move to st louis.she murdered her husband so she could gain control of the team to move them.

sorry bout my rant getting off topic there but this is obviously a sore point for me.lol

the cheatriot worshippers are in denial this is the greatest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal,that you could make a movie out of this which hollywood will someday im sure.lol

the thing that i find sick is that even people who are not patriot fans are trying to fool themselves into thinking this is no big deal like a bill fans even came on once saying that.They say that because they are in denial that a sport that is near and dear to them has been tainted of course and dont want to accept it.

Last edited:
Yeah, people that demand honesty in other subjects, when it comes to their sports team, they throw integrity out the window. I don't get it.

Saw that movie a couple of times. Anyone that hasn't seen Draft Day needs to. It is fantastic.
to no surprise,the cheatriot apologists are still farting in this thread living in denial on this issue as you can see.:D

Patriots Super Bowl ring Page 168 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
again like i said,what i find sickening is even people who are not patriot fans are trying to fool themselves into thinking this is no big deal trying to deny reality that this is the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal like that one Bills fan who once said its no big deal.yeah right.:rolleyes: they hate to hear reality that a sport that is near and dear to them is tainted.

cheatriot apologists disgust me because i have always been chargers fan but when marty shittenheimer as i call him,became their coach,i couldnt support the chargers while he was there because he is such a jerk,yet he has got nothing on Belicheat. the cheatript apologists ignore facts like even bradys former center and his idol montana has called him a cheater.:D

be greatful you dont have a cheatriot apologist for your lawyer,they would lose every case for you.:D

This has nothing to do with deflation. It has everything to do with the arrogance and lack of integrity of a quarterback, who should be a role model. The Patriots have blackened the eye of a sport that is America's #1 sport. Shady Brady had a great teacher, the admitted cheater, William Billicheat. This team is an embarrassment to the NFL. How many years have they won their Division by cheating? It is hard to tell....

Like the song goes-:biggrin:

they been cheating for years.Both the Rams and Panthers said they taped their practices days before the superbowl.

Plus the refs so badly wanted the cheats in the superbowl because of 9/11 since they have the name patriots they invented the tuck rule on the spot,easily the worst call in NFL playoff history so they would make it to the superbowl and the refs allowed them to mug the Rams recievers.

that was how they won when nobody around the country thought they would.they allowed them to tape their games and mug the receivers. Your not going to shut down the greatest show on turf as they were called back then. They had kurt warner who had the quickest release since dan marino,and marshall fualk one of the greatest running backs of all time.

your not going to shut them down UNLESS they are allowed to mug them like they were back then.

the NFL is so corrupt,i wont give them one dime.

Like the song goes-:biggrin:

they been cheating for years.Both the Rams and Panthers said they taped their practices days before the superbowl.

Plus the refs so badly wanted the cheats in the superbowl because of 9/11 since they have the name patriots they invented the tuck rule on the spot,easily the worst call in NFL playoff history so they would make it to the superbowl and the refs allowed them to mug the Rams recievers.

that was how they won when nobody around the country thought they would.they allowed them to tape their games and mug the receivers. Your not going to shut down the greatest show on turf as they were called back then. They had kurt warner who had the quickest release since dan marino,and marshall fualk one of the greatest running backs of all time.

your not going to shut them down UNLESS they are allowed to mug them like they were back then.

the NFL is so corrupt,i wont give them one dime.

How true. To this day, Warner says that when they got in the red zone, it was like the Putriots knew what play they were going to run.....because they did. Then Gooddell destroyed the evidence.

A friend of mine who was a head linesman in the NFL for over 20 years, watched that Super Bowl and came into my office the next day and said that he had never seen the refs allow corners to beat up wideouts like that before. Isaac Bruce's ribs were broken in the first quarter. Before he left, he turned to me and said, "Jim, no one wearing red, white, and blue was going to lose that game." He winked and walked out.

The Putriots are a serial cheating team. The other teams in the AFC East should demand an investigation into their cheating since before their first Super Bowl win. Disgusting!

excellent stuff there.I had not heard that one.thanks for posting that.I was unaware of those facts.

Long read here but please read through it all.

what you said reminds me of the raiders/bucs superbowl when the raider players said the Bucs players practically knew all the plays they were calling saying it was like they were in the huddle with them because they seemed to know all the plays they were calling. Guess what? they did.

I wont contribute a dime to the NFL because "and this pisses off seahawk fans when i say this" because coachs are just as corrupt as the the NFL is. I hate pete carrol now worse than Belicheat because IMO,he is more scum that Belicheat cause he cheats to LOSE.

people warned me about carrol,that he would throw games.I did not listen to them back then but i see they are correct though.players at USC accused him of throwing games back then but I brushed it off as bitterness.no more.

I believe in all my heart that he was paid off to throw that game.The pats could not stop Lynch the fourth quarter,he was rolling them over and the pats were HORRIBLE in goal line situations in the regular season at stopping the run at the goal line all year long.

Now someone like the rams offensive coordinater brian shittenheimer i can see being an idiot and calling for that and fisher agreeing to it the fact he was stupid enough to hire him in the first place but pete carrol? come on.He is far too experienced a coach who knows better.

the seahawk apologists will just say that wilson made a bad decision but i dont buy that for a second.I bet anything that carrol told him to throw the ball down the middle no matter what,to not throw it away. wilson of course wont come out and say that because he likes his coach.

I bet years down the road though the truth will come out after all It wasnt till years after the raiders/bucs superbowl that we learned how bill callahan purposely threw the superbowl according to jerry rice,tim brown and many other raider players.

seahawk apologists always ignore these little facts when i ask why is pete carrol any different than bill callahan who threw the raiders game?

according to rice,brown and many other raider players,bill callahan hated the raiders organization and many of the players.

lets see,for the first time ever in tin browns career,a coach changes the game plan a mere 48 hours before the big game,a change none of the raider players liked no less and were unhappy about.

is it unrealistic at all to say that rice,brown and other raider players are correct saying that Callahan through the game so his buddy Gruden would win the superbowl? you do the math.

here read these two links.this explains it all.

Jerry Rice has come forward to say he sides with his former teammate Tim Brown in believing that Callahan wanted to lose.

Rice, who was on the Raiders team that lost Super Bowl XXXVII to the Buccaneers, said on ESPN that Callahan disliked his players, disliked his team, and was willing to let his old boss, then-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, beat him.
Jerry Rice And Tim Brown Say Bill Callahan Threw Super Bowl XXXVII

Brown said that when the Raiders got the game plan on the Monday before the Super Bowl, it was a run-heavy attack taking advantage of Oakland's size advantage on the offensive line. However, Brown said Callahan scrapped the plan on Friday to the shock of the team.

I was very surprised that he waited 'til the last second, and I think a lot of the players they were surprised also, so in a way maybe because he didn't like the Raiders he decided, 'Hey look, maybe we should sabotage just a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one,'" Rice said.

"But the facts are what they are, that less than 36 hours before the game, we changed our game plan. And we go into that game absolutely knowing that we have no shot. That the only shot we had if Tampa Bay didn't show up," he said.
Tim Brown -- Bill Callahan sabotaged Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII loss

seahawk fans here can never answer this question i ask when i ask-WHY would pete carrol be any different than Bill Callahan?:rolleyes:

they wont answer it,they just get mad and try to deflect the question.

Last edited:
The Tampa D knew what play was coming all day long, and no adjustments were made. The best thing you could say about Callahan regarding that game would be that he didn't even put in the effort to make his team as competitive as possible... it's been talked about for years.

those are not my words above either.^

I don't believe that the Patriots had any special "inside information" about the upcoming play that led to Butler's interception. That's ridiculous. The situation dictated the play call. I believe that the Seahawks tried to disguise the play choice by the players installed at that moment. Lockette was obviously not the best choice as the intended receiver. It was Darrell Bevel's call. He put Lockette in as the hot receiver. THAT was the big mistake. THAT and Browner being a recent Hawk knew what to expect regardless of the personnel installed. TIME LEFT on the clock dictated a pass. If the Hawks had rum Lynch and he did not make it , it was quite possible that would have left no time on the clock if the Hawks needed a 4th down attempt. The situation called the play more than any factor and Butler just made a fantastic play on the ball. It was as simple and painful as that. Anybody watching Carroll's and Wilson's reaction to the interception could see that they certainly didn't know they were going to throw a pick.

Forum List

Back