Tom Brady retires after legendary 22-year career, breaking some folks' expectations that he will play until 50

The AFC East was weak for 20 years. That helped. I believe QB's can be divided into eras. This era even changed from the time Brady started to today. It is the luck also that goes with talent. I believe Randall Cunningham today would be lights out.
That helped especially at it relates to win totals and getting home field advantage in the playoffs. If the Pats were in the AFC North with Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati (who have had a good amount of playoff appearances during this stretch) and you put Cleveland in the East.....Pats would have had a larger hill to climb.

Saw Russell and Chamberlin play on the downside of their careers, but they were fun to watch. One of the best teams to watch was the Portland Trailblazers the year they won the championship and the following year. Pure fast break team ball, it was highly entertaining.

Gretzky was another great, he skated and everyone had to play hockey, he was so smooth, fast and clean. Baseball, Rose, Boggs, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, sure there were steroids but the game was so much fun to watch, they made baseball great again. Brady, in a whole other league. I hated him for much of his career but the last few years I just learned to accept I was watching one of the greatest football players in history.
I got to see Gordie Howe played but he played till he was 50 so I saw old Gordie Howe not the GOAT. I saw Barry Sanders play. I saw Jordan, Lebron and Kobe play. Magic and Bird. Mike Tyson, Ali (Old), George Foreman, Larry Holmes. Sugar Ray, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hit Man Hearns all fighting each other. GOAT boxing weight class divisions IMO. Steve Yzerman and the Russian 5. Walter Payton.

Who's the GOOT in baseball? Greatest Of Our Time.

President Biden to announce he will replace Brady with a woman of color.
Brady says he didn't lose. He's sending protesters to LA for the Superbowl to riot and stop the game from happening. He's calling the refs and asking them if they can find him 4 points. He says he has video evidence the refs screwed him. Even though most of the refs are huge fans of Brady, his fans are making death threats to the refs.

And Brady says he's going to run again next year.

And change the rules so it makes it harder for his competition to win.

Half the owners in the NFL are going along with him and/or unwilling to punish him because Brady has a lot of supporters.

You have to wonder what Brady's career would've been like had Mo Lewis not laid out Drew Bledsoe:

One thing we know for sure,that highly overrated clown coach Belicheat would have kept him on the bench the entire year and regressed his development and would not be getting called the greatest coach of all time by the lamestream media all the time.

yeah he’s such a great coach he didn’t even think brady was good enough to be a starter yet thst year only playing him cause he was forced to.no matter how many times that fact is mentioned or when you bring up what a complete zero of a failure he was at Cleveland before brady saved his ass from the toilet, the belicheat ass kissers make excuse after excuse that he is a great coach. :cuckoo:

mac jones is going to make him look good.tyst guy looks like the second coming of brady,does not play like a rookie at all,looks like he has played the game fir twenty years.the nfl owners all want Belicheat to pass Shula in all time wins,that is why he did not retire when Brady left.It’s so obvious all the other owners want the pats to continue to dominate,how the hell do you pass up a quarterback that won a national championship? You don’t do that if your committed to winning and wanting to turn your franchises losing ways around like the jets and others could have done by drafting jones.

Last edited:
He announced it now to steal some of the thunder away from the Super Bowl that he's not playing in.
:thankusmile: You hurt the feelings of two trolls of that little truth being told that have their head up Brady’s ass Who_Me? :up::abgg2q.jpg: as someone else mentioned earlier,it’s no surprise brady is walking away now when he is,fir the first time in his life in a playoff game,he did not get the calls that he has always enjoyed in his career to advance him to so many superbowls so he whines about it before picking up his toys and getting the hell out of dodge.

Last edited:
That helped especially at it relates to win totals and getting home field advantage in the playoffs. If the Pats were in the AFC North with Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati (who have had a good amount of playoff appearances during this stretch) and you put Cleveland in the East.....Pats would have had a larger hill to climb.
Yeah brady was able to take advantage of the timing of Marino and Kelly retiring in the same conference he played in a couple years after they hung it up and called it quits,he never had any top notch completion to face in thst division,he faced a bunch of cremepuffs thst any high school team could beat any week of the year.It’s a shame that Marino and Kelly were not born the same time Brady was,he would have had to face top notch competition in his division every year had that been the case.

No way in hell does he win all those division titles and gets very lucky if he goes to any superbowls against those top notch hall of fame quarterbacks every year,he would have been lucky to win one division title or get to one Super Bowl had he played against those two quarterbacks and those two teams with both hall of fame quarterbacks and hall of fame coaches to square off against every year twice a season.

He announced it now to steal some of the thunder away from the Super Bowl that he's not playing in.

Exactly! It's quite childish for someone of his age! I felt the same about A-Rod in negotiations with the Yankees during the World Series years ago! You'd think their agents would be a maturing force for their clients imagine so they're allowed to pull this $#!t! I was such a fan of the guy going back to the "Tuck Rule" saving his arse that 1st playoff run! I was all for that perfect season way back when, getting so tired of Miami Dolphins '72 team toasting themselves when others come close! The longer he hung around the more I disliked the guy! He only gave more fuel to my animus when caught taking advantage of cheating with "Spy-gate!" Even with all his "awe shucks" persona, he just got dirtier as the years went on! "Good luck and goodbye TB12!" :itsok: :bigbed::rolleyes: :sigh2:

What is normally a $25,000 equipment fine turned into a circus. Never understood all the nuttiness around that.
The ridiculous thing(s) about this are that the teams are allowed to bring their own balls to the game.

The NFL makes a nice income...they could probably supply the balls.

Tom still threw it....his receivers still caught it.... Hardly on the same order as what the Astros did. The taping of practices....now that was flat out cheating.

One thing we know for sure,that highly overrated clown coach Belicheat would have kept him on the bench the entire year and regressed his development and would not be getting called the greatest coach of all time by the lamestream media all the time.

yeah he’s such a great coach he didn’t even think brady was good enough to be a starter yet thst year only playing him cause he was forced to.no matter how many times that fact is mentioned or when you bring up what a complete zero of a failure he was at Cleveland before brady saved his ass from the toilet, the belicheat ass kissers make excuse after excuse that he is a great coach. :cuckoo:

mac jones is going to make him look good.tyst guy looks like the second coming of brady,does not play like a rookie at all,looks like he has played the game fir twenty years.the nfl owners all want Belicheat to pass Shula in all time wins,that is why he did not retire when Brady left.It’s so obvious all the other owners want the pats to continue to dominate,how the hell do you pass up a quarterback that won a national championship? You don’t do that if your committed to winning and wanting to turn your franchises losing ways around like the jets and others could have done by drafting jones.
Just remember guys if Brady was drafted and played for the Jets or Lions his entire career he’d have zero Super Bowls.

Look at Stafford. Zero playoff wins with the lions. Only went to the playoffs twice. Went to another team now he’s in the superbowl.

I wonder if Payton Manning played for the Patriots all those years instead of Brady, would he have won as many? I can tell you this. He wouldn’t have lost to Eli twice. Lol

The ridiculous thing(s) about this are that the teams are allowed to bring their own balls to the game.

The NFL makes a nice income...they could probably supply the balls.

Tom still threw it....his receivers still caught it.... Hardly on the same order as what the Astros did. The taping of practices....now that was flat out cheating.
I’m sure the Patriots are cheating 10 other ways we aren’t aware of. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t tryin.

I’m sure the Patriots are cheating 10 other ways we aren’t aware of. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t tryin.
No doubt. I have no presumption that other teams are not taking an edge either. Its sad to think the Texans have been cheating and haven't mattered in the entire history of their franchise.

Exactly! It's quite childish for someone of his age! I felt the same about A-Rod in negotiations with the Yankees during the World Series years ago! You'd think their agents would be a maturing force for their clients imagine so they're allowed to pull this $#!t! I was such a fan of the guy going back to the "Tuck Rule" saving his arse that 1st playoff run! I was all for that perfect season way back when, getting so tired of Miami Dolphins '72 team toasting themselves when others come close! The longer he hung around the more I disliked the guy! He only gave more fuel to my animus when caught taking advantage of cheating with "Spy-gate!" Even with all his "awe shucks" persona, he just got dirtier as the years went on! "Good luck and goodbye TB12!" :itsok: :bigbed::rolleyes: :sigh2:
:thankusmile: :yes_text12::thup::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:You hurt the feelings of a certain trollboy with the alert he gave you,did you notice that Fiero425.? :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
Yeah brady was able to take advantage of the timing of Marino and Kelly retiring in the same conference he played in a couple years after they hung it up and called it quits,he never had any top notch completion to face in thst division,he faced a bunch of cremepuffs thst any high school team could beat any week of the year.It’s a shame that Marino and Kelly were not born the same time Brady was,he would have had to face top notch competition in his division every year had that been the case.

No way in hell does he win all those division titles and gets very lucky if he goes to any superbowls against those top notch hall of fame quarterbacks every year,he would have been lucky to win one division title or get to one Super Bowl had he played against those two quarterbacks and those two teams with both hall of fame quarterbacks and hall of fame coaches to square off against every year twice a season.
These little pesky facts of mine triggered a certain trollboy I see,the truth hurts the trollboy having his head up Brady’s ass.:abgg2q.jpg: Same with post number 88 :rofl:

I'm sure there was a guy name of Rothelsbeerger who is twice the quarterback brundy is.

Forum List

Back