Today's Heartburn picture for Republicans.

Conservative here, not suffering from heartburn at all.

How amusingly desperate the left is these days!
When they're reduced to dredging up 12 year old stories about tax policy speeches and crowing minority approval rating you know the Dums are in deep deep despair.

Any picture with Obama in it gives me heartburn and I'm not even a Republican.

Sure you are a republican. Lots of you are too embarrassed to admit it, so you call yourselves independents, or conservatives, or what ever dumb name you can come up with to distance yourself from what you really are, but you are republican. When was the last time you supported anything but republican obstruction? See? I told you so.

Ummmm ... thanks for thinking for me but I'm disgusted by the New Republican Party. President Kennedy was more conservative than today's RINOs.

Sure you are a republican. Lots of you are too embarrassed to admit it, so you call yourselves independents, or conservatives, or what ever dumb name you can come up with to distance yourself from what you really are, but you are republican. When was the last time you supported anything but republican obstruction? See? I told you so.

You said: Lots of you are too embarrassed to admit it, so you call yourselves independents, or conservatives

I would have thought being a conservative would be more embarrassing then being a Republican. The GOP actually has a fine history when they were filled with liberals. They built the inter state highway system, started NASA and other pretty incredible things. But since they've been taken over by Conservatives, they have been a disaster to Red States, they gave us Iraq, the deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts, and disaster after fiasco.

At least you make the distinction between today's Republicans and true Conservatives. Pretty big gap there!!

View attachment 35455

Now, fair and full disclosure. Those who know me know that I have harshly criticized Gallup for it's shitty methodology and terrible numbers in both 2010 and 2012. This number if probably also off. Obama is likely over the 50 mark, but some quacks at Gallup will do anything they can to keep him under 50. I'm cool with that. Obama is far above Bush's end numbers in 2008.

Gallup's polling was so atrocious in 2010 and 2012 (I made a thread about this in the elections section) that I will not be averaging in their results in my polling aggregates for 2016.

Still, this screenshot is fun to watch. And I thought our Republican friends might enjoy a little heartburn before the New Year. Yer welcome, Righties!!

:D

Then why did he get his ass kicked in such a convincing manner last November?

This only proves what Mitt Romney said about the 47%. You can't change their minds with words. They have to feel it in their pocket-books. There will always be just less than half of America walking around with their heads up their asses only concerned with what happens around them. Every time Obama fucks up he loses support from 10% but gets part of it back as long as he isn't in the news doing his usual series of highly questionable if not dangerous screw ups. He's on vacation ... and this is the best he's going to poll. One fuck up and he's right back flirting with 40% again.

Where was Obama on the ballot in November?

435 House races, 36 Senate races and a slew of state races were on the ballot, but I saw his name nowhere on any ballot at all.

Obama himself said his policies were on the ballot ... so spare me.

True. The policies. Not the man.

The GOP as it once was when they were still honorable doesn't exist any more. ...

The democrat party as "honorable" has never existed.
Untrue
I remember back to the 60s and 70s when Democrats were Hubert Humphrey, Ed Muskie, Sam Ervin, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan. You could dislike their stances but they were all honorable men who truly loved the US. Today? Forgettaboutit.

You said: Lots of you are too embarrassed to admit it, so you call yourselves independents, or conservatives

I would have thought being a conservative would be more embarrassing then being a Republican. The GOP actually has a fine history when they were filled with liberals. They built the inter state highway system, started NASA and other pretty incredible things. But since they've been taken over by Conservatives, they have been a disaster to Red States, they gave us Iraq, the deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts, and disaster after fiasco.

The GOP as it once was when they were still honorable doesn't exist any more. The present batch doesn't see the things you listed as worthwhile, and don't want to be associated with any of that.

I used to think that GOP legislators were the embarrassment of their constituents... This board has changed my view. I think the GOP legislators are far more embarrassed by the people who vote for them than the other way around.

I don't think that any D.C. legislator (regardless of political affiliation) gives two hoots what voters think.

The GOP as it once was when they were still honorable doesn't exist any more. ...

The democrat party as "honorable" has never existed.
Untrue
I remember back to the 60s and 70s when Democrats were Hubert Humphrey, Ed Muskie, Sam Ervin, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan. You could dislike their stances but they were all honorable men who truly loved the US. Today? Forgettaboutit.

No doubt there are some few honorable individuals in the party today, but the democrat party itself has never been honorable.

Sorry, not anymore. Polls are taken by calling random people at home - almost always land line.
Land line...think about that. Who still has land lines? Does the average American still have land lines?

Your parrot claim is wrong, low information voter!

Does Gallup call cellphones
Gallup includes cellphones in each national Gallup poll. Gallup has been including cellphone-only households in all national telephone Gallup polls since January 2008.

Gallup and the survey research industry as a whole are exceedingly aware that increasing numbers of Americans use cellphones in addition to traditional landline phones and that nearly 40% of households have only cellphones. Gallup's methodologists and survey scientists have studied, researched, conducted test polling; analyzed existing data; and examined the implications of the inclusion or exclusion of cellphones and determined that it is necessary to include cellphone numbers in survey samples despite the increased costs of doing so to ensure that the obtained samples continue to be representative of all Americans.

The GOP as it once was when they were still honorable doesn't exist any more. The present batch doesn't see the things you listed as worthwhile, and don't want to be associated with any of that.

I used to think that GOP legislators were the embarrassment of their constituents... This board has changed my view. I think the GOP legislators are far more embarrassed by the people who vote for them than the other way around.

I don't think that any D.C. legislator (regardless of political affiliation) gives two hoots what voters think.

Its likely why the GOP has such a hard time winning moderates and independents....its inherently craven view of Americans.

Sorry, not anymore. Polls are taken by calling random people at home - almost always land line.
Land line...think about that. Who still has land lines? Does the average American still have land lines?

Your parrot claim is wrong, low information voter!

Does Gallup call cellphones
Gallup includes cellphones in each national Gallup poll. Gallup has been including cellphone-only households in all national telephone Gallup polls since January 2008.

Gallup and the survey research industry as a whole are exceedingly aware that increasing numbers of Americans use cellphones in addition to traditional landline phones and that nearly 40% of households have only cellphones. Gallup's methodologists and survey scientists have studied, researched, conducted test polling; analyzed existing data; and examined the implications of the inclusion or exclusion of cellphones and determined that it is necessary to include cellphone numbers in survey samples despite the increased costs of doing so to ensure that the obtained samples continue to be representative of all Americans.

Well you got me there...but parrot claim?
Glad to see they started including cell phones, however that doesn't do anything about the many other variables.
Like I said, pretty much all polls by professional firms are not a poll but an average of several polls over a period of time to help even out the inconsistencies of single polls. Which is why many people say to pay attention to trends rather than polls. But what is a trend? An average of different polls that are an average of different polls that are an average of different polls over a longer period of time. Which after so much averaging - you may start to overcome the wildly different single polls.
Remember the polls that showed the Democrats were going to win, others showed the election was much close than reality? Annnnd you also realize that election polls overall are the most errant of all polls - because there no time to average out the inconsistencies.
Anyway - I don't put much credence in polls, never have and neither do you I suspect.

View attachment 35455

Now, fair and full disclosure. Those who know me know that I have harshly criticized Gallup for it's shitty methodology and terrible numbers in both 2010 and 2012. This number if probably also off. Obama is likely over the 50 mark, but some quacks at Gallup will do anything they can to keep him under 50. I'm cool with that. Obama is far above Bush's end numbers in 2008.

Gallup's polling was so atrocious in 2010 and 2012 (I made a thread about this in the elections section) that I will not be averaging in their results in my polling aggregates for 2016.

Still, this screenshot is fun to watch. And I thought our Republican friends might enjoy a little heartburn before the New Year. Yer welcome, Righties!!

:D

Then why did he get his ass kicked in such a convincing manner last November?

This only proves what Mitt Romney said about the 47%. You can't change their minds with words. They have to feel it in their pocket-books. There will always be just less than half of America walking around with their heads up their asses only concerned with what happens around them. Every time Obama fucks up he loses support from 10% but gets part of it back as long as he isn't in the news doing his usual series of highly questionable if not dangerous screw ups. He's on vacation ... and this is the best he's going to poll. One fuck up and he's right back flirting with 40% again.

Where was Obama on the ballot in November?

435 House races, 36 Senate races and a slew of state races were on the ballot, but I saw his name nowhere on any ballot at all.

Obama himself said his policies were on the ballot ... so spare me.

True. The policies. Not the man.

Same thing.

Its likely why the GOP has such a hard time winning moderates and independents....its inherently craven view of Americans.
I guess there must be a ton of hard core right wing extremists in AMerica. Oh yea, those are called "Americans." Here's an image to make Democrats crap their pants.
400x277xelection_map_country_gif_pagespeed_ic_omae1ksip8.gif

I'm way too conservative for the RINO Party but I usually vote GOP because it's the lesser of two evils.

I guess there must be a ton of hard core right wing extremists in AMerica. Oh yea, those are called "Americans." Here's an image to make Democrats crap their pants.
400x277xelection_map_country_gif_pagespeed_ic_omae1ksip8.gif

Yet another Conservative fool who mistakes geography for population density. What an idiot.

See that one county in California, the second blue one from the bottom? That is Los Angeles County. More people live in that county than all of:

1.) Montana
2.) Idaho
3.) Wyoming
4.) North Dakota
5.) South Dakota
6.) Nebraska
7.) Kansas
8.)Alaska

combined.

Current population of Los Angeles County, CA: 9.9 million
Total combined population of the 8 states listed above: 9.7 million

One single county. 8 conservative states.

Any more questions, dumbfuck?

Forum List

Back