Today's Heartburn picture for Republicans.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Gallup - Obama now at 48 percent.png

Now, fair and full disclosure. Those who know me know that I have harshly criticized Gallup for it's shitty methodology and terrible numbers in both 2010 and 2012. This number if probably also off. Obama is likely over the 50 mark, but some quacks at Gallup will do anything they can to keep him under 50. I'm cool with that. Obama is far above Bush's end numbers in 2008.

Gallup's polling was so atrocious in 2010 and 2012 (I made a thread about this in the elections section) that I will not be averaging in their results in my polling aggregates for 2016.

Still, this screenshot is fun to watch. And I thought our Republican friends might enjoy a little heartburn before the New Year. Yer welcome, Righties!!

:D

I know this is completely whacked-out crazy, but it seems to me that any American would want any President's approval ratings to be as freaking close to 100% as possible.

If I don't like a President but his/her approvals are at 80%, maybe I'm wrong about some stuff.

So, up is good any time.

• Banned

I know this is completely whacked-out crazy, but it seems to me that any American would want any President's approval ratings to be as freaking close to 100% as possible.

If I don't like a President but his/her approvals are at 80%, maybe I'm wrong about some stuff.

So, up is good any time.

It has never happened. You do realize this, right?

A president has temporarily peaked at 90% or so for a couple of days, but that was that.

In this polarized age, getting over 50% is alone a monumental task and actually says nothing about the quality of a President. Harry Truman left office with 21% approval, 78% disapproval. He goes into the history books, however, as one of our finer Presidents.

But since Stephanie just loves to keep parroting that 70% disapprove, let's let her figure out how that can be when even the most whacked out pollster of all, Gallup, has the Prez now at 48%.

You will not find a thread from me on polls. Polls are almost useless on a national level.
The total number of people polled is 4500, taken over a three day period.
Pools are also incredibly fickle. I guarantee you if gas was not sitting below $2 - this poll would be different. As if a President had anything to do with it.
At any time people think 4500 can mathematically represent over 300,000,000 people...c'mon.
It makes good headlines...next time I assure you it could go either way, he might get 51% or he might get 45%...anyone's guess

He's been on vacation for a few weeks right?
Is that when this poll was conducted,
And Libs always run to their little keyboard to post whenever Obama goes up a point.
And finally 48% approval means 52% don't like the guy.

But if you guys are happy your leader is hated by half the country have at it.
I would downplay it a bit though.

View attachment 35455

Now, fair and full disclosure. Those who know me know that I have harshly criticized Gallup for it's shitty methodology and terrible numbers in both 2010 and 2012. This number if probably also off. Obama is likely over the 50 mark, but some quacks at Gallup will do anything they can to keep him under 50. I'm cool with that. Obama is far above Bush's end numbers in 2008.

Gallup's polling was so atrocious in 2010 and 2012 (I made a thread about this in the elections section) that I will not be averaging in their results in my polling aggregates for 2016.

Still, this screenshot is fun to watch. And I thought our Republican friends might enjoy a little heartburn before the New Year. Yer welcome, Righties!!

Wow, shame it wasn't like that before November 4th ! :biggrin:

• Banned
View attachment 35455

Wow, shame it wasn't like that before November 4th ! :biggrin:

Wouldn't have helped. The currents of history are flowing through the Space/Time Continuum as they should. :D

He's been on vacation for a few weeks right?
Is that when this poll was conducted,
And Libs always run to their little keyboard to post whenever Obama goes up a point.
And finally 48% approval means 52% don't like the guy.

But if you guys are happy your leader is hated by half the country have at it.
I would downplay it a bit though.

Would you like to be reminded what Bush's fav/unfav was during 2008?

This is not surprising, it only means that 1 percent of the 53 percent not already on the government dole think he is doing a good job. He should always be at 47 percent it is a surprise when he drops below 47.

You will not find a thread from me on polls. Polls are almost useless on a national level.
The total number of people polled is 4500, taken over a three day period.
Pools are also incredibly fickle. I guarantee you if gas was not sitting below $2 - this poll would be different. As if a President had anything to do with it.
At any time people think 4500 can mathematically represent over 300,000,000 people...c'mon.
It makes good headlines...next time I assure you it could go either way, he might get 51% or he might get 45%...anyone's guess
Have you ever taken a course in Stastitics? Yes, if the poll is done properly, 4500 people can represent 300,000,000 to within two standard deviations.

Forum List

Back