Today...Smashing The Lie That JFK Was or Would Be a Conservative Today

People get into trouble using the terms liberal and conservative.

These words change meanings over time.

Going back and reclassifying the POTI (plural of PUTUS) I would label them as follows based on a modern construal:

Trump -- a RINO so far -- talks like a liberal but walks like a conservative -- more tax cuts for the rich -- Trumpcare is No-care -- etc.

Obama -- ACA makes him clearly liberal.

Dubya -- record breaking tax cuts for the rich in the process of which he skyrocketed the deficit -- so he was a chameleon -- hard to label such an inept POTUS as anything but inept.

Clinton -- was anti gun -- originally "liberal" meant pro-gun.

GHW -- raised taxes on the working poor and middle class so this qualifies as "conservative"

Reagan -- due to his legacy of destroying the middle class you can only call this tax cuts for the rich / but he was also a communist in terms of being anti gun while a governor in California -- google "mulford act".

Carter -- very liberal in terms of raising taxes on the rich which his Alt Min Tax which has been the most successful tax on the rich in history (this is why Trump wants to get rid of it).

Ford -- hard to say -- also inept -- pardoned Nixon without a trial -- backed out of commitments to South Viet Nam such that it ceased to exist afterwards.

Nixon -- hard to say -- he employed "price controls" which is not conservative but other than Watergate he is not known for much except negotiating the US out of Viet Nam.

LBJ -- very liberal and tried to help black's a lot too

JFK -- somewhat liberal because he talked like a liberal but with conservative traits too like cutting taxes

Ike -- very conservative -- did not do much just a caretaker as are most conservatives. Ike is the earliest POTUS that I can remember, but I can't remember much other than his parade in NYC.

Truman -- hard to say either way.

FDR -- very liberal including helping the elderly with OASDI and the unemployed with a New Deal

Hoover -- very conservative including ignoring the poor and unemployed completely.

My history is hazy before Hoover. I remember GHW being compared to Hoover so that's the only reason I went back that far in history.
By the way your list is all over the place. No standard or consistency on how or what you are rating them on. It' all scattershot
My sole criterion was by modern standards.
I meant you mentions guns here, healthcare there, whatever over there

You're all over the board here child..

Yup. Rigged by the elites. Nobody intending to WIN would have run against Hillary and the machine. This is exactly why I fear anybody's concept of elites. Only a person with PRINCIPLES would do it to create the FARCE of a contest.
And Obama did in 2008 and won'

What did he win?

Just a bunch of EOs that got squashed by Trump.

Obamacare... remember, Trump had a plan to repeal it on day one. So many broken promises. You are being betrayed

great precedent McConnell set.. Because of his antics the future look dismal

Yup. Rigged by the elites. Nobody intending to WIN would have run against Hillary and the machine. This is exactly why I fear anybody's concept of elites. Only a person with PRINCIPLES would do it to create the FARCE of a contest.

What did he win?

Obamacare... remember, Trump had a plan to repeal it on day one. So many broken promises. You are being betrayed

Some of the Senate is up for re-election in 2018. They cannot afford to ratify DJ Trump's rhetoric.

Yeah of course. Because the elites wanted a WINNER. And because the race card was so valuable. Had more to do with the shift towards progressive and the precedent of breaking the color barrier for FUTURE "bragging rights"...
Obama became wildly popular. It was incredible and nauseating all at the same time. I guess that's why McConnell and others decided to take everyone down including themselves. And now we got Trump

JFK may not be a conservative today; but he certainly was by today's standards back then. That is no myth.
JFK identified as a liberal

I'll takes his words over anyone elses

Good start. Who's "a liberal" in Dem leadership today? There ARE NONE. Lieberman and Moynihan were the last of the breed. Maybe a few rare ones like Kucinich. JFK wouldn't have a chance. They've moved the goalposts SO FAR left, he'd be ACCUSED of being a RINO... That's the point.... As soon as he mouthed the words "freedom and liberty" he'd be booed off the podium...

What did he win?

Some of the Senate is up for re-election in 2018. They cannot afford to ratify DJ Trump's rhetoric.
You're opinions means shit, look at the board the demcrats can't get the Senate.

JFK may not be a conservative today; but he certainly was by today's standards back then. That is no myth.
JFK identified as a liberal

I'll takes his words over anyone elses

Good start. Who's "a liberal" in Dem leadership today? There ARE NONE. Lieberman and Moynihan were the last of the breed. Maybe a few rare ones like Kucinich. JFK wouldn't have a chance. They've moved the goalposts SO FAR left, he'd be ACCUSED of being a RINO... That's the point.... As soon as he mouthed the words "freedom and liberty" he'd be booed off the podium...
Patrick was more of a neocon. One of the first.

Joe was a liberal until he was sandbagged by the left (liberals stood by him), but then he went loopy. Can't say I blame him.

Schumer is a liberal as is Dianne Feinstein (believe it or not, and she is no Barbara Boxer). The left could never stand Dianne. There are many others.

What did he win?

You're opinions means shit, look at the board the demcrats can't get the Senate.
yiostheoy can I ask you to not feed that troll anymore? All he ever does is attempt to hijack threads.

People get into trouble using the terms liberal and conservative.

These words change meanings over time.

Going back and reclassifying the POTI (plural of PUTUS) I would label them as follows based on a modern construal:

Trump -- a RINO so far -- talks like a liberal but walks like a conservative -- more tax cuts for the rich -- Trumpcare is No-care -- etc.

Obama -- ACA makes him clearly liberal.

Dubya -- record breaking tax cuts for the rich in the process of which he skyrocketed the deficit -- so he was a chameleon -- hard to label such an inept POTUS as anything but inept.

Clinton -- was anti gun -- originally "liberal" meant pro-gun.

GHW -- raised taxes on the working poor and middle class so this qualifies as "conservative"

Reagan -- due to his legacy of destroying the middle class you can only call this tax cuts for the rich / but he was also a communist in terms of being anti gun while a governor in California -- google "mulford act".

Carter -- very liberal in terms of raising taxes on the rich which his Alt Min Tax which has been the most successful tax on the rich in history (this is why Trump wants to get rid of it).

Ford -- hard to say -- also inept -- pardoned Nixon without a trial -- backed out of commitments to South Viet Nam such that it ceased to exist afterwards.

Nixon -- hard to say -- he employed "price controls" which is not conservative but other than Watergate he is not known for much except negotiating the US out of Viet Nam.

LBJ -- very liberal and tried to help black's a lot too

JFK -- somewhat liberal because he talked like a liberal but with conservative traits too like cutting taxes

Ike -- very conservative -- did not do much just a caretaker as are most conservatives. Ike is the earliest POTUS that I can remember, but I can't remember much other than his parade in NYC.

Truman -- hard to say either way.

FDR -- very liberal including helping the elderly with OASDI and the unemployed with a New Deal

Hoover -- very conservative including ignoring the poor and unemployed completely.

My history is hazy before Hoover. I remember GHW being compared to Hoover so that's the only reason I went back that far in history.
By the way your list is all over the place. No standard or consistency on how or what you are rating them on. It' all scattershot
My sole criterion was by modern standards.
I meant you mentions guns here, healthcare there, whatever over there

You're all over the board here child..
Is Cutler still suiting up for the Bears?

Yeah of course. Because the elites wanted a WINNER. And because the race card was so valuable. Had more to do with the shift towards progressive and the precedent of breaking the color barrier for FUTURE "bragging rights"...
Obama became wildly popular. It was incredible and nauseating all at the same time. I guess that's why McConnell and others decided to take everyone down including themselves. And now we got Trump

Widly popular to whom?

Widly popular to whom?
Non birther morons

What did he win?

yiostheoy can I ask you to not feed that troll anymore? All he ever does is attempt to hijack threads.

You high jacked your own thread you stupid fuck.

Widly popular to whom?
Non birther morons

So you still think a guy born in Kenya, made it all the way to Hawaii and Chicago is possible?

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

Forum List

Back