Today is a watermark day. The day the progressives/liberals begin their decline...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Look at this picture and consider it a relic. A time when political activism with all it's violence, anger, and hatred peaked.

This has happened because of several factors including:

1) Maturity. Note most of the participants... ages 18 mostly 30s, some 40s a few in 50s...
Now the importance is maturity. There are now demographically older people in the USA than
there was 20 years ago.
New detailed estimates show the nation’s median age — the age where half of the population is younger and the other half older — rose from 35.3 years on April 1, 2000, to 37.9 years on July 1, 2016.
The Nation's Older Population Is Still Growing, Census Bureau Reports
Now this may not mean much to many of you but one of the rules of nature is the older means you are surviving.
Surviving means maturity. So consider these protestors and consider what they will be like when they are 50 or 60...

2) MSM bias.
This too has peaked in that the vast majority of Americans now:
7 in 10 Americans Believe Mainstream Media Publish Fake News: Poll
More than 70 percent of Americans believe traditional major news sources at least sometimes publish news that is fake, false, or purposefully misleading, according to recent Axios SurveyMonkey poll. Over 40 percent believed the media publish such stories frequently.
7 in 10 Americans Believe Mainstream Media Publish Fake News: Poll

So with Americans getting old and more NOT believing the MSM we are seeing the end of the childish,
protest, in your face juvenile behavior that this photo reveals.

Scotusprotest.png

They should lock all these protesters up.
That is not a peaceful protest.
They are blocking the way for people to walk freely.
They are interrupting people's travel.

Gasp! A peaceful demonstration? How dare they have free speech! Burn them all!

Yup...just like a little kid with a temper tantrum these juveniles have to have their way to be damned with inconveniencing others. It's my way or no way.

"Peaceful protests"???

WASHINGTON – Nearly 60 people were arrested Thursday after police descended on a crowd of protesters blocking a street and hoping to make a statement against the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

The arrests in the nation's capital not far from the steps of the high court came as thousands rallied across the country in solidarity with university professor Christine Blasey Ford, whose accusations against Kavanaugh fueled outrage on both sides of the controversy.

U.S. Capitol police said 57 of the protesters were arrested for "unlawful demonstration activities'' and another two in the same location were arrested and charged with crossing a police line.59 arrested near Supreme Court as thousands nationwide rally against Kavanaugh nomination

But as I pointed out in the OP.... this is the languishing cries of a dying movement. These people will be growing old and some if not many will be eventually embarrassed about their
juvenile actions. The rest of us adults just have to let these kids have their tantrums.

Gasp! A peaceful demonstration? How dare they have free speech! Burn them all!

Yup...just like a little kid with a temper tantrum these juveniles have to have their way to be damned with inconveniencing others. It's my way or no way.

"Peaceful protests"???

WASHINGTON – Nearly 60 people were arrested Thursday after police descended on a crowd of protesters blocking a street and hoping to make a statement against the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

The arrests in the nation's capital not far from the steps of the high court came as thousands rallied across the country in solidarity with university professor Christine Blasey Ford, whose accusations against Kavanaugh fueled outrage on both sides of the controversy.

U.S. Capitol police said 57 of the protesters were arrested for "unlawful demonstration activities'' and another two in the same location were arrested and charged with crossing a police line.59 arrested near Supreme Court as thousands nationwide rally against Kavanaugh nomination

But as I pointed out in the OP.... this is the languishing cries of a dying movement. These people will be growing old and some if not many will be eventually embarrassed about their
juvenile actions. The rest of us adults just have to let these kids have their tantrums.
Meanwhile they are being arrested and becoming ineligible to vote.

Protesting Is Felonious Trespassing

You can thank the 1960s Warren Court for ring-pulling this can of chaos. Its attitude towards its own precious clique of protesters was that their freedom was restricted if they couldn't violate the public's privacy and get in the face of people who had better things to do than self-indulgent screeching and self-empowering finger pointing. The elitist SCROTUS felt that those who "get involved" deserve more rights than those who want to go about their own business and be left alone.

Must be USMB liberals were in that crowd. Awfully quiet around here....

Bars could be busy?

Today is a watermark day. The day the progressives/liberals begin their decline...
Man...I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say that in the past 30 or 40 years.

"49 STATES! The Democrats are dead!"

So doesn’t a funeral procession . Should we eliminate those too?

Man...I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say that in the past 30 or 40 years.

Well then maybe you can explain this that has happened in the last

And you are correct for the last 40 years the MSM in conjunction as I've shown frequently being campaign donors and news presentations biased this has happened!

The AP cites a Pew Research Center report that two-thirds (66%) of Americans believe “fabricated news” is causing a “great deal of confusion” about basic facts,
and a poll conducted by NORC at the University of Chicago found the percentage of Americans expressing a “great deal of confidence” in the press
has fallen from 28 percent in 1976 to just 8 percent in 2016.
The Media Still Can't Figure Out Why They're Losing Credibility

Well then maybe you can explain this that has happened in the last

And you are correct for the last 40 years the MSM in conjunction as I've shown frequently being campaign donors and news presentations biased this has happened!

The AP cites a Pew Research Center report that two-thirds (66%) of Americans believe “fabricated news” is causing a “great deal of confusion” about basic facts,
and a poll conducted by NORC at the University of Chicago found the percentage of Americans expressing a “great deal of confidence” in the press
has fallen from 28 percent in 1976 to just 8 percent in 2016.
The Media Still Can't Figure Out Why They're Losing Credibility
Wow. You couldn't put together a single coherent sentence in that reply! :lol:

As for "fabricated news", you seem to be under the incredible delusion that only the Left fabricates stories. Holy shit!

So doesn’t a funeral procession . Should we eliminate those too?

You only have to stop for respect.
If it's a democrat you can cross the procession, as long as traffic laws are followed.

I don't think 'peaceful' means what you think it means.

Read your constitution

I don't think you know what it means.
The context is disturbing the peace.
In other words the peace is the ability for people to go about their lives without interference or interruption.

More than 7o percent of Americans believe traditional major news sources at least sometimes publish news that is fake, false, or purposefully misleading, according to recent Axios SurveyMonkey poll. Over 40 percent believed the media publish such stories frequently.

In other words the peace is the ability for people to go about their lives without interference or interruption.

Really? I thought it was in the context of 'Anger, Hatred and Violence'. You know, like the OP claimed.

Not blocking traffic.

And if you'd like to equate blocking traffic with hatred and violence, you'd be going full snowflake. You never want to go full snowflake.

Really? I thought it was in the context of 'Anger, Hatred and Violence'. You know, like the OP claimed.

Not blocking traffic.

And if you'd like to equate blocking traffic with hatred and violence, you'd be going full snowflake. You never want to go full snowflake.

No hatred and violence, unless you block my right to peacefully go about my life.
There is no right to block traffic.

Forum List

Back