To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9

Sometimes I think that when you go out...you pay more for "peace" rather than food.

Who wants to have diner sitting next to screaming savages?

Sometimes I think that when you go out...you pay more for "peace" rather than food.

Who wants to have diner sitting next to screaming savages?

That depends... if they're amazonian princesses wrestling in mud or jello, I do.

To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9*|&nbspTony Posnanski

This is all well and nice....BUT....what about the people who went to your restaurant to get away from their own children, had sitters, and needed a break from kids in general?

Your thoughts?

There is nothing worse than going to a restaurant and having someone's brats run around screeching. I understand that sometimes, parents have to take their kids with them, but I wouldn't stand for any child making noises and disrupting my meal.
I wouldn't have been so kind.

Feel free to stay home if you hate kids.

Better yet, get the government to sterilize everyone.

Being a manager, a stewardess, a hostess, an apartment manager, a mod, an admin. When it comes to the public...one must do what is in the best interests of ALL.

I had a guy at my apartments and coughed a lot. A LOT. He also kept his windows open. Neighbors complained. Said I needed to ask him to move or go talk to him. What was I supposed to do? Tell the dude dying of lung cancer his coughing was disturbing his neighbors????? So..I went to him, asked if he could close his windows facing the courtyard. He said not a problem. The rest of the tenants were ok with that too. But being in that position SUCKED.

Being a business owner, and a human being, he got to do what was right.

That man sounds a lot like me.
I would have been taken aback by her question as well and can easily see me being supportive, rather than restrictive.

Does the blog or original article even say what type of restaurant this happened in?
Because, with the manager running around and cooking and washing dishes, it sounds a lot like the kind that I run.
A FAMILY restaurant. Not the Chateau Suzette or 4 Seasons.

it sounds like someone trying to jump on the coat tails of the woman on the plain, her kid and they guy that entertained her kid for 5 hours.

Some old people are burned out on the kid thing. BTDT. I am one of them.
However, if I were at the beach or at the park, there is nothing I love more than to listen to kids laughing, having fun, screaming in glee, poking around in tidepools, chasing dogs with frisbees.

To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9*|&nbspTony Posnanski

This is all well and nice....BUT....what about the people who went to your restaurant to get away from their own children, had sitters, and needed a break from kids in general?

Your thoughts?

There is nothing worse than going to a restaurant and having someone's brats run around screeching. I understand that sometimes, parents have to take their kids with them, but I wouldn't stand for any child making noises and disrupting my meal.

Oh no,no. you got it all wrong....better let kids scream and vomit and poo at the next table in the restaurant ...while you are trying to have a nice dinner.

that's the way.:)

Earlier in the thread someone said that there are restaurants for people with children. This may actually be one. To go to a family restaurant and expect peace and quiet is a bit unrealistic. Kind of like going to a cigar bar and expecting a smoke free experience.

Earlier in the thread someone said that there are restaurants for people with children. This may actually be one. To go to a family restaurant and expect peace and quiet is a bit unrealistic. Kind of like going to a cigar bar and expect a smoke free experience.

oh ok...if that was the case .... it's ok

Oh no,no. you got it all wrong....better let kids scream and vomit and poo at the next table in the restaurant ...while you are trying to have a nice dinner.

Ask and you shall receive.

41013porta.jpeg

Photo: Is It Okay To Potty Train Your Kid At A Restaurant?: Gothamist

Just imagine what the soup nazi would say.

Ask and you shall receive.

41013porta.jpeg

Photo: Is It Okay To Potty Train Your Kid At A Restaurant?: Gothamist

Just imagine what the soup nazi would say.

There is something so wrong about this!

Earlier in the thread someone said that there are restaurants for people with children. This may actually be one. To go to a family restaurant and expect peace and quiet is a bit unrealistic. Kind of like going to a cigar bar and expecting a smoke free experience.

Yes reasonable expectations........when the experience exceeds what is reasonable due to the employee then that changes everything.....

Should a woman be able to breast feed a child ( covered of course ) in a mid to high priced restaurant, even if it offends another customer? What would you expect the manager to do?

Forum List

Back