To the ones who just don't get it and think Obama should negotiate~

Republicans in Congress have rallied toward the medical device tax as the ultimate shiny object of repeal.
Republicans couldn't come up with alternative revenue sources. Their only proposals are to let the deficit go up a little, or to cut Obamacare’s subsidies and Medicaid expansion.

Millions have already bought their health insurance, and the republicans greed can go cower in the corner.

1) We have plenty of revenue
2) We have tons of overspending, including but not limited to Obamacare
3) It is greed when you think the government owes you something or should be the agent to make the marketplace come to you
4) Millions could already buy insurance as it is a service that is on the open marketplace...
5) You nor anyone else is owed subsidized insurance or care

ACA was passed in a shitty manner by bending congressional rules so I don't really get the whining about how they are trying to defund it.

It was passed by a vote of the majority of Congress

What is shitty is Republicans shutting down government in retaliation

Shitty begets shitty eh?

Q: Might it have gone differently if Congress passed health care reform that had support from both parties?

A: Yup.

So I don't have to keep repeating myself, I decided to make a thread.

ObamaCare has already been set in place, and the supreme court made into a law.

It is a Law!

Sad that people are looped into the idea that there Is room to negotiate.

Sorta like trying to negotiate with the president on the grounds of drinking while driving,
driving without insurance, driving without a license, or the thousand other Laws we have.

Millions already have signed up, and it is now in effect.

A more than 2000 page law that nobody read before they passed? It should be repealed and they should start over and those who voted for it should be recalled. Nothing should ever be passed without first being read and studied so that our representatives KNOW what they are voting on.

Republicans in Congress have rallied toward the medical device tax as the ultimate shiny object of repeal.
Republicans couldn't come up with alternative revenue sources. Their only proposals are to let the deficit go up a little, or to cut Obamacare’s subsidies and Medicaid expansion.

Millions have already bought their health insurance, and the republicans greed can go cower in the corner.

3) It is greed when you think the government owes you something or should be the agent to make the marketplace come to you
4) Millions could already buy insurance as it is a service that is on the open marketplace...

I own my business and pay over $30,000 a year plus $5,000 deductible, it is kicking my ass.
Why would you ASSUME that I am looking for a handout.

What is going on is the Big Bucks in the medical world is going to change, the rip offs in the insurance companies aren't going to kick you off because of having a disease.

It is a Law!

Sorta like trying to negotiate with the president on the grounds of drinking while driving,
driving without insurance, driving without a license, or the thousand other Laws we have.

What kind of law is it that a president can just change after it has been voted into law?

It is a Law!

Laws can be repealed.

I own my business and pay over $30,000 a year plus $5,000 deductible, it is kicking my ass.

What is going on is the Big Bucks in the medical world is going to change, the rip offs in the insurance companies aren't going to kick you off because of having a disease.

And that part of the bill is fine. There are quite a few parts of the law I like. If only the individual mandate and the employer mandate were taken out, I would have supported it.

ACA was passed in a shitty manner by bending congressional rules so I don't really get the whining about how they are trying to defund it.

It was passed by a vote of the majority of Congress

What is shitty is Republicans shutting down government in retaliation

All dems, there were no negotiations by them just as there were no negotiations by the dems yesterday. You need to sell this stuff to the msnbc and cnn listeners. They're the only ones buying it.

And that part of the bill is fine. There are quite a few parts of the law I like. If only the individual mandate and the employer mandate were taken out, I would have supported it.

I pay for employee insurance, if it wasn't mandated these employers would find a way Not to pay their people.

Also individual is affordable ( a woman died last summer not knowing she could have gotten free Obamacare after these medical people drained her of all her money .

After 6 months without insurance you can apply for free medical support.
Her family was horrified that something could have been done.

Millions of stories just like these.

I do feel these rules will be tweeked and perfected with time.

It is a Law!

The discussion is ... wait for it ... funding.

Congress passing a law, like regulating clean air, and Congress requiring future Congresses to actually spend money on a program are completely different things. The current congress was elected to determine the current government spending. People don't get to vote for future expenditures and people from the past don't get to vote on today's expenditures.

Suppose the 2004 congress voted to fund the Iraq war in the 2013 budget, would you have an issue with that?

You don't negotiate with terrorists

They will only ask for more next year

I pay for employee insurance, if it wasn't mandated these employers would find a way Not to pay their people.

Also individual is affordable ( a woman died last summer not knowing she could have gotten free Obamacare after these medical people drained her of all her money .

After 6 months without insurance you can apply for free medical support.
Her family was horrified that something could have been done.

Millions of stories just like these.

I do feel these rules will be tweeked and perfected with time.

The employer mandate is causing people to loses hours and in some cases their job. It needs to be scrapped.

The individual mandate is so bad I can hardly describe it. To think that the government can punish people, through taxes, because they don't do something should be abhorrent to everyone. What's next, a tax penalty for not voting republican or democrat? According to Roberts, that would be constitutional because it's just a tax.

Obama delayed parts of the bill. That's ok, even if it's law?

The silence from the totalitarian Obamacult fanatics is deafening!!
Interesting that the GOP passed a bill that delayed parts of the bill, but Reid and Obama WON"T negotiate because, "ITS THE LAW!"
There is a difference between the republican delay and the Democrats delay. The republicans have NO reason for a delay other than it would give them more time to kill the bill. The Democratic delay was to give small businesses more time to comply with the bill.

You don't negotiate with terrorists

They will only ask for more next year

The GOP are not asking, Obama is asking.
Asking for everything, getting nothing.
Why does Obama have the ability to change the law willy nilly but not the people's representatives in congress?

Anyone supporting anything with Obamacare is supporting the handout for others or for themselves.. by definition not looking for equal treatment across the board

In a free society, government does not get to dictate that the medical companies or medical employees get to give their services, research, efforts, etc away for nothing

There were other way to go about ensuring that insurance was a product all would be free to purchase regardless of condition without making it a government mandate, without a government pool of services, without a government based marketplace, etc... and nobody is guaranteed an equal rate for unequal situation or risk.. nor is anyone guaranteed a cheap rate at the expense of someone else

It is a Law!

So if a law is passed it is automatically funded? Or does it need to be added to a future budget that then gets voted on?

Have there been any budgets passed since 2009?

Yes. Both the House and the Senate passed a budget. Take a wild guess as to who is blocking the forming of a conference committee to iron out the difference.

Hint: It's the same party that just forced the Feds to shut down.

GOP. :lol:

Forum List

Back