To the ones who just don't get it and think Obama should negotiate~

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
So I don't have to keep repeating myself, I decided to make a thread.

ObamaCare has already been set in place, and the supreme court made into a law.

It is a Law!

Sad that people are looped into the idea that there Is room to negotiate.

Sorta like trying to negotiate with the president on the grounds of drinking while driving,
driving without insurance, driving without a license, or the thousand other Laws we have.

Millions already have signed up, and it is now in effect.

It is a Law!

Sorta like trying to negotiate with the president on the grounds of drinking while driving,
driving without insurance, driving without a license, or the thousand other Laws we have.

good. Then I will have to only repeat this one more time.

The SCOTUS ruled it as a tax. Taxes are changed all the time.

In addition....

If this was a law that is immutable (look it up), then how is it that you have not been screaming at the top of your lungs and blaming Obama for the waivers and changes he has made (illicitly at that) to the law to protect his cronies?

At least try to think critically before posting nonsense.

Obama delayed parts of the bill. That's ok, even if it's law?

The silence from the totalitarian Obamacult fanatics is deafening!!
Interesting that the GOP passed a bill that delayed parts of the bill, but Reid and Obama WON"T negotiate because, "ITS THE LAW!"

It is a Law!

In addition....

If this was a law that is immutable (look it up), then how is it that you have not been screaming at the top of your lungs and blaming Obama for the waivers and changes he has made (illicitly at that) to the law to protect his cronies?

Taxes are changed by a bill being introduced to amend a law, which is then passed by one or the other chamber, and then the second chamber adopts or modifies the passed bill, and then it goes to committee or the potus. Taxes are NOT changed specifically to defund a law that the minority party lacks the votes to amend.

It is a Law!

So if a law is passed it is automatically funded? Or does it need to be added to a future budget that then gets voted on?

Have there been any budgets passed since 2009?

It is a Law!

In addition....

Taxes are changed by a bill being introduced to amend a law, which is then passed by one or the other chamber, and then the second chamber adopts or modifies the passed bill, and then it goes to committee or the potus. Taxes are NOT changed specifically to defund a law that the minority party lacks the votes to amend.
You said it yourself. They are changed by introducing legislation to change them.

Much like what has occurred. In the normal process, the other chamber of the Congress then begins negotiations on the bill.

Changes to laws occur often in our system of government. To say that "Obamacare is the law of the land" as if that makes it impervious to alteration, change or repeal is the very definition of ignorance of government.

When the Democrats have had their fill of shutting down the government, perhaps they will then begin to negotiate in good faith with the House GOP and perhaps come to some kind of compromise.

One in which they actually give something up in exchange for something they want. Strange notion, I know.

It's Obama's legacy. Even if people start dropping dead and the new system fails miserably, he will just put cotton in his ears.

It is a Law!

1) Supreme court or the Judicial Branch CANNOT MAKE LAW
2) There is no constitutional charge for the government to be a healthcare provider, an insurance broker, a price negotiator, or a marketplace
3) The judicial cannot grant constitutional power to other branches
4) The house controls the purse strings
5) Stop with the party line talking points

It is a Law!

But this fraud and poseur feels that he can abridge, circumvent, or simply ignore any other law that does not please him, the nation's bankruptcy laws re the UAW, the Defense Of Marriage Act, amnesty.........acting more like a dictator than an elected official responsible to the people. Laws don't mean sh!t to this forksucker and you know it.

Here's a guy who offered to get down on his hands and knees and fellate Vladimir Putin while also giving away Americas secrets and vital interests at the same time. "Dimitri, tell Vladimir to wait until after the election when I can be more flexible" who steadfastly refuses to negotiate with his fellow Americans over something most Americans resolutely do not want. Its no longer any secret whom Barack Obama considers his real enemy and its not the folks who conspire, plan, threaten or carry out acts to kill Americans and destroy their rights and property. For Americans today its like having Joe Stalin, Nikita Kruschev, Mao Tse Tung, Ho Chi Minh, Bashar Assad, Ayatollah Khomeini, Osama bin Laden, Ayman al Zawahiri, and Kim il Jong all rolled into one as president.

In addition....

You said it yourself. They are changed by introducing legislation to change them.

Much like what has occurred. In the normal process, the other chamber of the Congress then begins negotiations on the bill.

Changes to laws occur often in our system of government. To say that "Obamacare is the law of the land" as if that makes it impervious to alteration, change or repeal is the very definition of ignorance of government.

When the Democrats have had their fill of shutting down the government, perhaps they will then begin to negotiate in good faith with the House GOP and perhaps come to some kind of compromise.

One in which they actually give something up in exchange for something they want. Strange notion, I know.

No, there's no bill introduced to amend Obamacare. Only a demand that it be done so or govt will be shut down. This is not a legitmate use of power, and the gop is going to get hammered. The publc doesn't like obamacare, but they're not being fooled by the childishe bullshit the TPM is pulling.

No, there's no bill introduced to amend Obamacare. Only a demand that it be done so or govt will be shut down. This is not a legitmate use of power, and the gop is going to get hammered. The publc doesn't like obamacare, but they're not being fooled by the childishe bullshit the TPM is pulling.

If you wish to interact with people, you need to try to be honest.

The only demand (or government would be shut down) was done by the Senate leader, Harry Reid. At no time did the House state that they demand the Senate vote on their bill or they will shut down the government. The same cannot be said about the Senate.

The bill introduced by the House proposed to fund the government and not Obamacare. The second bill proposed to fund the government and amend Obamacare to extend a waiver (the proper way to alter a law) for one year on the individual citizen to keep them from the devastating effects of Obamacare will have on their personal finances.

The law [Obamacare] is being addressed by the House on the will of the people to delay or halt the implementation.

Once more. At no time has the GOP or the HOUSE demanded that the bill be voted upon or government would be shut down.

Republicans in Congress have rallied toward the medical device tax as the ultimate shiny object of repeal.
Republicans couldn't come up with alternative revenue sources. Their only proposals are to let the deficit go up a little, or to cut Obamacare’s subsidies and Medicaid expansion.

Millions have already bought their health insurance, and the republicans greed can go cower in the corner.

Republicans in Congress have rallied toward the medical device tax as the ultimate shiny object of repeal.
Republicans couldn't come up with alternative revenue sources. Their only proposals are to let the deficit go up a little, or to cut Obamacare’s subsidies and Medicaid expansion.

Millions have already bought their health insurance, and the republicans greed can go cower in the corner.
Wow, 770 posts and you made the ignore list for stupidity. Well done.

By the way

Have any of you had a money making disease ?

They made over $500.000 on me after hearing the word cancer.

1 bag of chemo is over $10,000

Why do you think the big Pharma doesn't want this to go through?

ACA was passed in a shitty manner by bending congressional rules so I don't really get the whining about how they are trying to defund it.

It was passed by a vote of the majority of Congress

What is shitty is Republicans shutting down government in retaliation

ACA was passed in a shitty manner by bending congressional rules so I don't really get the whining about how they are trying to defund it.

It was passed by a vote of the majority of Congress

What is shitty is Republicans shutting down government in retaliation

It was passed by bribing people for the last few votes needed.

Forum List

Back