To all my black sista's raising families alone....take notes

There is one philosophy I've learned in life and it goes as follows and it works.

You raise a child giving them everything they NEED, I promise you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child gung ho and ready to get out and work each summer and after school. I promise you this.

But if your raise a child giving them everything they WANT, I warn you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child lacking motivation, lacking drive and respect for you, all done with one hand constantly out and if you don't provide it, someone else will.

My sisters, we have got to stop showing love with material things, the high end shoes, the Iphones, the pads, the labels.....it may make you feel good, but your laying the foundation for a failure in life. I've seen this happen time and time again.

I raised 5 kids, 2 of them my sisters.....I gave them love, I nurtured their needs, we talked, we engaged in conversations of current events, I was there for all the PTA's and homework and I gave each child, everything they could possibly need in this life to carry on...by the time they hit the teen years, they couldn't wait to get summer jobs.....SO THEY COULD GET THE THINGS THEY WANTED....cause there was no other way, cause mama didn't play the material world. All college educated, one in the military, one's a department store manager, one's a nurse, one works for the city and my baby, works for a publishing company...all healthy and thriving.

Peace, sister tigerred59:),

I hope that you are doing fine today...I am doing fine.

I just wanted to say that, I'm an American Black male who thinks that the American Black family's state is part of a continuum...American slavery DESTROYED the Black family; the Black man's knowledge of how to be a father was taken away, and never given back to him and the American Black woman's knowledge of how to be a mother was taken away from her, and never given back, so today many of us just reproduce without knowing how to be fathers and mothers. Whites (in America) did us a damage that they never repaired and I don't think they ever will.

You might say there are books on proper parenting, but how can a Black person in America who knows the evil of Whites trust them to tell us anything good...before we were bogarted into our American experience by Whites, we knew how to be a family and if Whites took away our original knowledge then they are the responsible party for American Blacks not knowing how to be mothers & fathers. Or in other words, they owe Black people ALOT regarding what they did to us.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Slavery didnt steal that. You gave it away with your crappy culture perpetuated by democrats.
Go back to the days when you had family values and you'll see the black family improve.

You're white, you know as much about the black family as a woman knows about being a man

There is one philosophy I've learned in life and it goes as follows and it works.

You raise a child giving them everything they NEED, I promise you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child gung ho and ready to get out and work each summer and after school. I promise you this.

But if your raise a child giving them everything they WANT, I warn you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child lacking motivation, lacking drive and respect for you, all done with one hand constantly out and if you don't provide it, someone else will.

My sisters, we have got to stop showing love with material things, the high end shoes, the Iphones, the pads, the labels.....it may make you feel good, but your laying the foundation for a failure in life. I've seen this happen time and time again.

I raised 5 kids, 2 of them my sisters.....I gave them love, I nurtured their needs, we talked, we engaged in conversations of current events, I was there for all the PTA's and homework and I gave each child, everything they could possibly need in this life to carry on...by the time they hit the teen years, they couldn't wait to get summer jobs.....SO THEY COULD GET THE THINGS THEY WANTED....cause there was no other way, cause mama didn't play the material world. All college educated, one in the military, one's a department store manager, one's a nurse, one works for the city and my baby, works for a publishing company...all healthy and thriving.

I just wanted to say that, I'm an American Black male who thinks that the American Black family's state is part of a continuum...American slavery DESTROYED the Black family; the Black man's knowledge of how to be a father was taken away, and never given back to him and the American Black woman's knowledge of how to be a mother was taken away from her, and never given back, so today many of us just reproduce without knowing how to be fathers and mothers. Whites (in America) did us a damage that they never repaired and I don't think they ever will.

You might say there are books on proper parenting, but how can a Black person in America who knows the evil of Whites trust them to tell us anything good...before we were bogarted into our American experience by Whites, we knew how to be a family and if Whites took away our original knowledge then they are the responsible party for American Blacks not knowing how to be mothers & fathers. Or in other words, they owe Black people ALOT regarding what they did to us.

Anonymous1977

Slavery didnt steal that. You gave it away with your crappy culture perpetuated by democrats.
Go back to the days when you had family values and you'll see the black family improve.

You're white, you know as much about the black family as a woman knows about being a man

So you have to be black to understand single parent households are a bad thing?
You're not helping your case...

Anonymous1977

Anytime a statement begins with "So" what follows is a perversion of the other persons position.

Anonymous1977

Anytime a statement begins with "So" what follows is a perversion of the other persons position.

So you're saying single parent families are a good thing...thanks for clearing that up.

Anonymous1977

OMG...don't you see, you are your own enemy. Your attitude. You are right about one thing: white politicians in government DID destroy the black family, with the entitlements they showered upon them and all it did was produce black people with your kind of attitude. You had to EARN nothing! You lost any and all gratitude and incentive to utilize all the opportunities given to you. This usually happens and Democrats are masters at keeping you down, with taxpayer's money. Rise UP and do something about yourself, instead of sitting there on your computer whining how bad you have it and what victims you are. Take a look at blacks in public office and the private sector and realize that many of them came from your exact circumstances. You've no one to blame other than yourself. You are the solution to your problems, not the white man.

Remember the wisdom of a famous black leaders words:

“I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.” —Frederick Douglass

Last edited:

Anonymous1977

So you're saying single parent families are a good thing...thanks for clearing that up.

Starting the statement with "So" and ending with "Thanks for clearing that up" is even worse lol. Stop Trolling

Thank you for a great post. You are a shining example of the influence a parent has on a child. You are to be admired. Thanks for giving the country adults who can be proud of themselves and we can all be proud of, too. You are one sharp lady.

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” —Frederick Douglass

Starting the statement with "So" and ending with "Thanks for clearing that up" is even worse lol. Stop Trolling

Yet another weak ass dodge.....

White people have gone from convincing people that slavery wasn't such a bad thing, to blaming blacks for slavery, to blaming dems for holding the black people back to now claiming that blacks are lazy.

And they are trying desperately to push that meme as if white people were just spectators who were so hard working they needed slaves to slow down the progress.

Its bizarro land thinking

Anonymous1977

Black family improve???????? Listen, we may have issues within our communities and yes they're massive at times, but please don't believe that Harry and Louise ain't struggling too. I'm from Ky, bordering Indiana....you'd be amazed at bad you white folks are having it here....Massive massive drug usage, poverty, and violent crimes.....and believe me, its destroying a lot of families

Sure there are problems with blacks and whites,but the percentages dont lie.
If you dont break the cycle of bad behavior among the black community nothing will ever change.
When your parent(roll model)still listens to rap music and teaches their young to hate the police and society in general you dont stand a chance.
I grew up privileged until my 11th birthday when my parents divorced. After that I was pretty much on my own yet I remembered my up bringing and that made me strive to better myself.
I knew things could be better no matter how bad my life was after the divorce and that gave me hope and drive to do the right thing. If you never have hope and a past to go by you're screwed.

First lets revert back to my original posting....no where in there do I address race, nowhere....yet we always manage to draw ourselves into this category.....that's a problem to me. Racism can't stop a poor broke black man from showing up at a PTA meeting or a birthday party for his child. Racism isn't inside a home, where mama's on her cell phone doing instagrams. Listen, something is systematically wrong in my community, too many kids are being killed unnecessarily, too many women are struggling to make ends meet, we're dropping out of schools too soon and we're being targeted from all ends.....and this is becoming generational......I mean we're still struggling in 2015 to love the skin we're in.....its just sad and the cycle has got break at some point, but when?

It starts in the home. Crappy parents equals crappy kids. It's really no mystery.

Uh, Jeffery Damner came from a loving two parent adoptive home

Your peoples evil oppressors are your low IQ levels

Lololol.

Right...and who else in America in a position of power really (meaning "secretly") feels like you feel about Blacks and would injure a Black if given a good opportunity to?

YOU are the evil oppressor that I say, may God drown you (members of your race like you) in a sea like He drowned the people of Pharoah in the Scriptures.

Anonymous1977

You kill each other at a much higher rate.

It is odd, that the one iconic non violent member of our community, who championed black causes, prayed for our oppressors and then was murderd with a bullet through the neck, by a white man, was Dr. King....interesting eh? Maybe, just maybe it doesn't pay to be non aggressive, non violent, just sayin!!

Anonymous1977
Humans have the amazing ability to change their environment.....they are a changing because they a have a learned behavior system that can be changed,,,,,but it's up to the operator of the brain .....to change it....

Black family improve???????? Listen, we may have issues within our communities and yes they're massive at times, but please don't believe that Harry and Louise ain't struggling too. I'm from Ky, bordering Indiana....you'd be amazed at bad you white folks are having it here....Massive massive drug usage, poverty, and violent crimes.....and believe me, its destroying a lot of families

If you dont break the cycle of bad behavior among the black community nothing will ever change.
When your parent(roll model)still listens to rap music and teaches their young to hate the police and society in general you dont stand a chance.
I grew up privileged until my 11th birthday when my parents divorced. After that I was pretty much on my own yet I remembered my up bringing and that made me strive to better myself.
I knew things could be better no matter how bad my life was after the divorce and that gave me hope and drive to do the right thing. If you never have hope and a past to go by you're screwed.

First lets revert back to my original posting....no where in there do I address race, nowhere....yet we always manage to draw ourselves into this category.....that's a problem to me. Racism can't stop a poor broke black man from showing up at a PTA meeting or a birthday party for his child. Racism isn't inside a home, where mama's on her cell phone doing instagrams. Listen, something is systematically wrong in my community, too many kids are being killed unnecessarily, too many women are struggling to make ends meet, we're dropping out of schools too soon and we're being targeted from all ends.....and this is becoming generational......I mean we're still struggling in 2015 to love the skin we're in.....its just sad and the cycle has got break at some point, but when?

It starts in the home. Crappy parents equals crappy kids. It's really no mystery.

Dahmer

Your peoples evil oppressors are your low IQ levels

Lololol.

Right...and who else in America in a position of power really (meaning "secretly") feels like you feel about Blacks and would injure a Black if given a good opportunity to?

YOU are the evil oppressor that I say, may God drown you (members of your race like you) in a sea like He drowned the people of Pharoah in the Scriptures.

Anonymous1977

You kill each other at a much higher rate.

It is odd, that the one iconic non violent member of our community, who championed black causes, prayed for our oppressors and then was murderd with a bullet through the neck, by a white man, was Dr. King....interesting eh? Maybe, just maybe it doesn't pay to be non aggressive, non violent, just sayin!!
Then why listen or quote the good Doctor?

ME, TOO!!!!!! lol

Peace.
Anonymous1977

So whats stopping you?
And I want a straight answer,not some vague reference to a bible quote. Personally I think you'd end up with a state that resembles Detroit or any other ghetto.

I'd like to horn in on this.....make no mistake, our culture, our business prowess, our ideas, our innovation, etc...has made a huge huge impact on this nation's building of a foundation. From sports to entertainment, to medical breakthroughs and beyond.....now imagine if you will, all that never existing in this country and us, left to our own devices living and maintaining ourselves with that....I'D SAY WE'D DO PRETTY WELL AND YOU KNOW IT!!

Nothing I've seen would indicate that. While there are successful blacks too many of them are shiftless thugs which dont make for good consumers or neighbors.
Why do successful blacks avoid black neighborhoods?

What can't you understand about brainwashing? From the time a black child is born in this country, his life is inundated with white people, 9 times out of 10, the first face he see's is that of a white doctor. In his home, everything commercial, every show, everything on the tube is that of whites, his teacher is more likely to be white, the venues he patronizes will more than likely have whites in leadership roles, his boss, white, and that trend up until 2008 has been whites in the white house, making national decisions about his life. Is there any wonder, when black people hit a certain stature in life, they want that same of that of whites?

Yeah..more of the same,blame whitey.

You and people like you are the number one reason this country can never engage in a conversation on racism. Its not about blame, its about fact, what is fact and whats not. Is it the fault of whites that because of so much white saturation in our social conscious that blacks will always find themselves wanting, worshiping and aspiring to join that community? No, it isn't. Its no more your fault than it is ours.

Dahmer

Thanks!!

Outliers do not disprove general situations.

Kids raised by two parents do far better in life IN GENERAL that do ones raised by single parents REGARDLESS OF RACE.

Our kids, at least many of them, are not doing very well. The reason, writes Harvard professor Robert Putnam in his just-published "Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis," is the "two-tier pattern of family structure" that emerged in the 1970s and 1980s and continues to prevail today.

Starting in the late 1960s, rates of divorce, unmarried births and single parenthood rose sharply among all segments of society. About a decade later, they fell and leveled off among the college-educated, who almost entirely raise their kids in Ozzie-and-Harriet style families today (except that Mom usually works outside the home).

Among the bottom third of Americans in education and income, however, the negative trend accelerated. In 1965, Daniel Patrick Moynihan was alarmed that 26 percent of black births were to unmarried children. The rate is about twice that for the least educated third of Americans of all races today.

This shouldn't come as a surprise. Charles Murray's 2012 book "Coming Apart" describes the same phenomenon among white Americans. Curiously, Putnam refers only glancingly to Murray's work. But Putnam agrees with Murray (perhaps grudgingly) that this is bad for the kids involved.

They're careful to concede that single parents have a hard job and that some do well at it. But the data says those are the exception rather than the rule. On average and by a wide margin, children raised in such households do worse in school, have more trouble with the law and make less money and gain less satisfaction in life than those from the stable families of the upper third....

Can Family Breakdown in Low-Education America Be Reversed Maybe RealClearPolitics

So whats stopping you?
And I want a straight answer,not some vague reference to a bible quote. Personally I think you'd end up with a state that resembles Detroit or any other ghetto.

I'd like to horn in on this.....make no mistake, our culture, our business prowess, our ideas, our innovation, etc...has made a huge huge impact on this nation's building of a foundation. From sports to entertainment, to medical breakthroughs and beyond.....now imagine if you will, all that never existing in this country and us, left to our own devices living and maintaining ourselves with that....I'D SAY WE'D DO PRETTY WELL AND YOU KNOW IT!!

Nothing I've seen would indicate that. While there are successful blacks too many of them are shiftless thugs which dont make for good consumers or neighbors.
Why do successful blacks avoid black neighborhoods?

What can't you understand about brainwashing? From the time a black child is born in this country, his life is inundated with white people, 9 times out of 10, the first face he see's is that of a white doctor. In his home, everything commercial, every show, everything on the tube is that of whites, his teacher is more likely to be white, the venues he patronizes will more than likely have whites in leadership roles, his boss, white, and that trend up until 2008 has been whites in the white house, making national decisions about his life. Is there any wonder, when black people hit a certain stature in life, they want that same of that of whites?

Yeah..more of the same,blame whitey.

You and people like you are the number one reason this country can never engage in a conversation on racism. Its not about blame, its about fact, what is fact and whats not. Is it the fault of whites that because of so much white saturation in our social conscious that blacks will always find themselves wanting, worshiping and aspiring to join that community? No, it isn't. Its no more your fault than it is ours.

You and people like you are the number one reason why this country cannot engage in a constructive conversation on racism.

In your POV, white people are de facto guilty and you disregard anything we have to say. A Race baiting diatribe is hardly a Conversation.

I can remember mostly all of the old timers I knew that had two parents ran away from home at an early age.......

Friend, the utopia you just described exist all around the country, its called ghettos' No whites, we're left to our own devices and we somehow manage to fail miserably in our efforts. No, what we need is self awareness, self love of one's linage and history and incentive to succeed in life, no matter how high the mountain. As it stands now, most blacks don't even feel value in their lives unless some white person validates it....the sin is hating the skin we're in.

Well sister, the ghetto might not include Whites, but we (Blacks) are not the SOLE controllers of what goes on in our community...we need to extricated TOTALLY from involvement with ANY White people if we want the best for our community and lives I think.

Bro. Anonymous1977

Friend, I so understand your wanting to take us all into this area of exclusion and somehow reprogram or re educate black people on just how equally important valuable we all our, I get it. Often when I'm watching old movies out of the past, circa...early 30's to mid 50's, I often envision what it would have been like had we had roles of inclusion when parties were being had or mysteries were being solved, rather than being the buffoons and servants. But atlas, we must address and live with our reality and go from there....peace to a most wise and intellectual person here, because I so get you!!

Forum List

Back