TLC drops the Duggar family from the annual "Summer Block Party"

this is an outrage and completely unacceptable!!! :mad-61:

the resident SOCONS a la jerri are rationalizing it though :eusa_shhh: [emoji38]
Well, the "King's Kids" do get special privileges, you know...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
yeah I wonder where that is in the good book teapartysamurai & Jeremiah :eusa_think: :doubt:
"Thou shalt not diddle 5 year old girls, unless you are Evangelical and have ties to powerful people who can cover up your stupid mess."

Bible's clear on incest being a no-no. Even has a related one forbidding hugging and kissing your kids JUST so that doesn't lead into incest.

Not to indulge in familiarities with relatives, such as kissing, embracing, winking, skipping, which may lead to incest (Lev. 18:6)

Not to commit incest with one's sister (Lev. 18:9)

How in the hell do you extrapolate that from this?

Leviticus 18:6King James Version (KJV)
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord.

All it says is don't get naked with your next of kin. Nothing about kssing embracing, etc. Nice try but big fail!

BTW, Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister.

Albiet, these laws were made hundreds of years AFTER the time of Abraham and Sarah.

I don't watch cable, I DO read the Bible.

That's why I'm liberalism's worst enemy!

:woohoo:

Try reading actual Torahs instead of the fucked up versions in Bibles.

I don't think TLC (who is actually owned by Discovery and connected to a ton of other channels; including Ophra's channel OWN btw) has a choice about dropping the show. They absolutely cannot come out as supporting the actions involved; neither the molestation itself, nor the apparent police/church cover-up.

No doubt the only reason we haven't heard about the contract being dropped is because of legal obligations of that contract - though I suspect that Discovery was smart enough to put in some clause that will enable them to simply "not produce any more shows" without breaking those contractual obligations. Having not watched the show personally I'm taking a bit of a stab in the dark here, but I have a feeling that the contract will likely not have grounds to be dropped because of this, simply because the deed was not performed by the contract holder (the parents,) but rather a "secondary" participant, who may or may not even be in the contract. I might be wrong though, we'll see what happens.

I've worked on TV shows a few times in my career.

Everyone who is involved with the show is required to sign a media release. Everyone who is on camera is required to sign a contract.

In that release or contract they agree to several things. One thing that's put in the release and contract is a morals clause. The person who signs it agrees to not do anything that will be see as immoral or harm the network or show.

The duggars violated that media release. Which is grounds for termination. The network has the right to terminate that show according to the media releases and contracts.

yeah I wonder where that is in the good book teapartysamurai & Jeremiah :eusa_think: :doubt:
"Thou shalt not diddle 5 year old girls, unless you are Evangelical and have ties to powerful people who can cover up your stupid mess."

Bible's clear on incest being a no-no. Even has a related one forbidding hugging and kissing your kids JUST so that doesn't lead into incest.

Not to indulge in familiarities with relatives, such as kissing, embracing, winking, skipping, which may lead to incest (Lev. 18:6)

How in the hell do you extrapolate that from this?

Leviticus 18:6King James Version (KJV)
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord.

All it says is don't get naked with your next of kin. Nothing about kssing embracing, etc. Nice try but big fail!

BTW, Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister.

Albiet, these laws were made hundreds of years AFTER the time of Abraham and Sarah.

I don't watch cable, I DO read the Bible.

That's why I'm liberalism's worst enemy!

:woohoo:

Try reading actual Torahs instead of the fucked up versions in Bibles.

Bad news! I READ THE TORAH ALL THE TIME!

You really are pathetic. You think if you keep digging that hole you will get out of that lie?

Vayikra (Leviticus): Chapter 18
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness. I am HaShem.
Vayikra Leviticus Chapter 18 Jewish Virtual Library

Same thing, liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, how far do you want to dig that hole?

the resident SOCONS a la jerri are rationalizing it though :eusa_shhh: [emoji38]

There goes the south!!

There goes the south!!

I wasn't aware Lena Dunham was from the South.

WHICH BY THE WAY, I don't see you lefties upset about it.

Hypocrites. When people talked about Lena Dunham's admission of incest you lefties came to her defense!

guno is heartbroken over this no doubt :D

You're the moron who made the mistake of tagging me and getting me into this thread.

Sucks to be you!

[emoji38]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some dumb goy

I think we see who's been found to be dumb in this thread.

Cable watcers vs. people who actually read the Bible.

You guys LOST!

[emoji38]
"Watcers"...

...hmmmm...

Now, about that "dumb" part, again...

You're the moron who made the mistake of tagging me and getting me into this thread.

Sucks to be you!

[emoji38]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some dumb goy

You guys LOST!

[emoji38]
"Watcers"...

...hmmmm...

Wow, you all you have is a typo vs. your obvious ignorance of the Bible verses you used to back up your arguments.

Pretty desperate attempt to snatch at straws.

Sucks to be you!

[emoji38]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some dumb goy

You guys LOST!

[emoji38]
"Watcers"...

...hmmmm...

Wow, you all you have is a typo vs. your obvious ignorance of the Bible verses you used to back up your arguments.

Pretty desperate attempt to snatch at straws.

Have you ever read Vayrika in Ivrit? I have.

When you actually know the word for word meaning of the text and the context, then get back to me.

Until then, play with the other RWNJ fundie children.

Forum List

Back