TLC drops the Duggar family from the annual "Summer Block Party"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
TLC drops the duggars from sommer event.png

Source:

TLC drops Duggars from Summer Block Party amid molestation scandal Daily Mail Online

It had already dropped the Duggars' hit show, 19 Kids and Counting, from its schedule after it emerged that the family's eldest son, Josh, had molested several young girls as a teenager.

Now, TLC has pulled Jim Bob Duggar, his wife Michelle and their 19 children from its highly-anticipated Summer Block Party, which is taking place in Philadelphia at noon on Saturday.

The family had originally been slated to appear at the event, which features a number of network stars and is open and free to the public - and had even appeared on the party's official poster.

But they have since been dropped from the party, while Little People Big World's Roloff family has replaced Jim Bob and Michelle on the poster, according to screenshots from the event's website.

It comes just days after a shocking 2006 police report emerged alleging that Josh had molested five young girls in 2002 and 2003 - in some cases, while they were sleeping - and later admitted to it.

On Friday, TLC revealed it had pulled 19 Kids and Counting from its schedule - one day after it had decided to run a marathon of the show that heavily featured Josh, which had outraged fans.

'We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time,' the network said in a statement that afternoon.

TLC has not yet officially ended its contract with the Duggar family.

FYI.

Should TLC end the contract, based on the information of the last days?

I hadn't heard of TLC so I looked it up. That was a mistake...

69f.jpg

Last edited:
Probably a good idea. We wouldn't want Josh mistaking one of those midgets for a child.

I don't think TLC (who is actually owned by Discovery and connected to a ton of other channels; including Ophra's channel OWN btw) has a choice about dropping the show. They absolutely cannot come out as supporting the actions involved; neither the molestation itself, nor the apparent police/church cover-up.

No doubt the only reason we haven't heard about the contract being dropped is because of legal obligations of that contract - though I suspect that Discovery was smart enough to put in some clause that will enable them to simply "not produce any more shows" without breaking those contractual obligations. Having not watched the show personally I'm taking a bit of a stab in the dark here, but I have a feeling that the contract will likely not have grounds to be dropped because of this, simply because the deed was not performed by the contract holder (the parents,) but rather a "secondary" participant, who may or may not even be in the contract. I might be wrong though, we'll see what happens.

this is an outrage and completely unacceptable!!! :mad-61:

the resident SOCONS a la jerri are rationalizing it though :eusa_shhh: [emoji38]
Well, the "King's Kids" do get special privileges, you know...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
yeah I wonder where that is in the good book teapartysamurai & Jeremiah :eusa_think: :doubt:
"Thou shalt not diddle 5 year old girls, unless you are Evangelical and have ties to powerful people who can cover up your stupid mess."

this is an outrage and completely unacceptable!!! :mad-61:

the resident SOCONS a la jerri are rationalizing it though :eusa_shhh: [emoji38]
Well, the "King's Kids" do get special privileges, you know...

yeah I wonder where that is in the good book teapartysamurai & Jeremiah :eusa_think: :doubt:

Who the hell are the Duggar family and why the hell am I involved?

A) I LOATHE Reality TV
B) I don't have cable because nothing is on cable but junk
C) I have no idea WHAT you people are talking about thus have no idea why you want me to be involved.

It's like the idiots who want to strike up a conversation where I work based on something on one of those trashy magazines we have to display like Cosmopolitan.

I don't read those things. I loathe pop culture. It's nothing but trash.

Total miss on your part, by a mile.

I've never seen the show and won't miss it. Liberals have been after this family for decades because they refused to have abortions instead of 19 kids.

I've never seen the show and won't miss it. Liberals have been after this family for decades because they refused to have abortions instead of 19 kids.

I honestly know nothing about the show. Sure never watched it.

Like I said. I don't have cable, and I LOATHE reality TV.

Poor Stat and Dottie. What a fail. They hoped to make Christians angry and all they did was show up their bigoted assumptions about Christians on this board.

This thread says way more about YOU.

Total Fail!

:lol:

Forum List

Back