Tiny houses

Cute stuff. But my neighbors kids have log playyhouse bigger than that.. With 2 electric kiddie cars parked outside !!!

I saw a video once where a 16 y/o was building the house he'd live in as an adult.

16 Year Old Builds Tiny Home to Guarantee Mortgage-Free Future

Austin Hay is still in high school, but he’s building his own house. It’s only 130 square feet, but it makes him a homeowner without a mortgage at just 16 years old. Right now, it’s parked in his parents’ backyard, but he’s built it on wheels so he plans to take it to college and then wherever he goes after he graduates.

He’s been sleeping in his tiny home for a few months now and he’s already decided not to return to big (his parents’ home is 1800 square feet). “Living small means less bills, living big means more bills,” he explained from the tiny stoop of his new home. “I don’t want to pay big bills”.

Hay’s 130-square-foot home may make him the youngest member of the growing Small House Movement.

Hay expects to spend about $12,000 building his home (the used trailer cost him $2000)

At some point, he may decide to marry, have children. I gather he'll have some decisions to make at that point.

I downsized from a 2400+ sf house when my daughter left for good. I now live in a 28' travel trailer while I build my cabin out-of-pocket. The cabin is small, for lots of reasons. The most important reason for keeping it small is, when you heat with a wood-burning stove, or a small propane stove, it's more efficient and easier with a smaller place. You have to learn to let go of a lot of the things people often keep. And you have to plan your storage layout carefully, too.

Can you imagine? teeny weeny and in the middle of a lake? could you be able to live there for more than a day? Wow!:eusa_shifty: may be yes may be no.

I think that when a big storm came up it would be a little too......"entertaining" for me!

As long as it was sturdy and weather-proof, I would love it. Wind, rain, thunder; these are a few of my favorite things. :)

Anyone who has ever lived in a studio apartment knows why living in these small homes is going to be a task.

Can you imagine? teeny weeny and in the middle of a lake? could you be able to live there for more than a day? Wow!:eusa_shifty: may be yes may be no.

rustic%20tree.jpg

Small houses?

Check this out =
ccp5.jpg

New here in Vegas. Based on these?
images

Some interesting uses for storage containers

Forum List

Back