Time's 2017 Person of the Year

Ashley Judd? I need a barf bag!.

Soldiers, cops, firefighters, doctors or nurses. You know, the people who really contribute to society.

Good grief. Do you even know what the #MeToo movement is about. At all. Even a little.
Had the women Clinton raped been included I might have taken it seriously.

They didn't come forward. That's the point. They didn't bring their stories to the forefront again.

Their stories are being revisited, though.

now libs are not only freaking out over Trump's wins, election, '''crimes'', policies, etc--you freak out over what he SUPPOSEDLY doesn't win-or picked for !
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump not picked for Rose Bowl parade marshal
Trump picks wrong Superbowl winner
Trump doesn't win the lottery
Trump doesn't win scratch-off ticket
Trmp's house not picked for: best christmas lights/ best lawn care
etc
Trump was one of the semifinalists for Superbowl winner?
He WAS on Time's short list.
pure silliness---
I agree.

`
Here's the way it should be.....
`
`
`

TR111.jpg

And nuns get raped. Field workers get groped. You're not paying attention, you're not listening, you're not learning. You're just trotting out the same tired, worn, old talking points.

Soldiers, cops, firefighters, doctors or nurses. You know, the people who really contribute to society.

Good grief. Do you even know what the #MeToo movement is about. At all. Even a little.
I listened to the video. Did you? It’s all about hating on men. I am not into that. Put someone on the cover who does Something other than hare.
hating on them?

Considering what they're exposing, they have a right to some hate

And nuns get raped. Field workers get groped. You're not paying attention, you're not listening, you're not learning. You're just trotting out the same tired, worn, old talking points.
and little boys get raped by priests
where were the METO people then?

Well, that was a surprise. It had to be Trump, so they found a group to put forward instead.

Is a movement.

TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers

But on that November morning, what separated them was less important than what brought them together: a shared experience. Over the course of six weeks, TIME interviewed dozens of people representing at least as many industries, all of whom had summoned extraordinary personal courage to speak out about sexual harassment at their jobs. They often had eerily similar stories to share.

In almost every case, they described not only the vulgarity of the harassment itself—years of lewd comments, forced kisses, opportunistic gropes—but also the emotional and psychological fallout from those advances. Almost everybody described wrestling with a palpable sense of shame. Had she somehow asked for it? Could she have deflected it? Was she making a big deal out of nothing?

"I thought, What just happened? Why didn't I react?" says the anonymous hospital worker who fears for her family's livelihood should her story come out in her small community. "I kept thinking, Did I do something, did I say something, did I look a certain way to make him think that was O.K.?" It's a poisonous, useless thought, she adds, but how do you avoid it? She remembers the shirt she was wearing that day. She can still feel the heat of her harasser's hands on her body.

I kind of like the fact that Trump didn't win, but his accusers did (in part.) He wants to be on the cover so badly, he made fake covers to hang in his properties.

So here's to the women and men of #MeToo who finally broke the silence.

The only thing that surprises me more that anyone gives this garbage credence, even more than Time still even being in print or thinking they are relevant, is that this is just one more feel-good Kumbaya genuflection towards the PC empowerment of women over the continued hate-vilification of men. It means about as much as Obama's Nobel Prize for Peace right before he went out to practically start World War III in the Middle East.

Kinda funny that over 99.99999999999999% of the history of the human species, the woman has always been associated with sex, property, desire and acquisition and has both needed and used her body that whole time to get everything from food, clothes, a roof over her head, to money and power, and now all of a sudden, in the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the last day, the world acts like this is something new, a big revelation, acts shocked, and that somehow it should be stopped overnight.

Women say they just want to be treated equal, but I think that when they find they are being TRULY treated equal, nothing more or less than a man, they will be very very disappointed in their "accomplishment."

Last edited:
And if the men didn't want to get badmouthed, then maybe they should have acted like men, and not animals.
What about those who don't deserve it in the first place? What if they do something right and are bad mouthed or worse by whoever ended up on the losing end?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I listened to the video. Did you? It’s all about hating on men. I am not into that. Put someone on the cover who does Something other than hare.
hating on them?

Do you ask yourself why conservative women are not represented?

hating on them?

no

Should worry about their political affliation instead of the ordeal they suffered?

Is a movement.

TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers

But on that November morning, what separated them was less important than what brought them together: a shared experience. Over the course of six weeks, TIME interviewed dozens of people representing at least as many industries, all of whom had summoned extraordinary personal courage to speak out about sexual harassment at their jobs. They often had eerily similar stories to share.

In almost every case, they described not only the vulgarity of the harassment itself—years of lewd comments, forced kisses, opportunistic gropes—but also the emotional and psychological fallout from those advances. Almost everybody described wrestling with a palpable sense of shame. Had she somehow asked for it? Could she have deflected it? Was she making a big deal out of nothing?

"I thought, What just happened? Why didn't I react?" says the anonymous hospital worker who fears for her family's livelihood should her story come out in her small community. "I kept thinking, Did I do something, did I say something, did I look a certain way to make him think that was O.K.?" It's a poisonous, useless thought, she adds, but how do you avoid it? She remembers the shirt she was wearing that day. She can still feel the heat of her harasser's hands on her body.

I kind of like the fact that Trump didn't win, but his accusers did (in part.) He wants to be on the cover so badly, he made fake covers to hang in his properties.

So here's to the women and men of #MeToo who finally broke the silence.

So when are Slick Willies accusers going to be on any page of the Times ?

hating on them?

no

Should worry about their political affliation instead of the ordeal they suffered?
Didn’t several women get assaulted and raped by Clinton? Why aren’t they on the cover?

Forum List

Back