Time's 2017 Person of the Year

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
Is a movement.

TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers

But on that November morning, what separated them was less important than what brought them together: a shared experience. Over the course of six weeks, TIME interviewed dozens of people representing at least as many industries, all of whom had summoned extraordinary personal courage to speak out about sexual harassment at their jobs. They often had eerily similar stories to share.

In almost every case, they described not only the vulgarity of the harassment itself—years of lewd comments, forced kisses, opportunistic gropes—but also the emotional and psychological fallout from those advances. Almost everybody described wrestling with a palpable sense of shame. Had she somehow asked for it? Could she have deflected it? Was she making a big deal out of nothing?

"I thought, What just happened? Why didn't I react?" says the anonymous hospital worker who fears for her family's livelihood should her story come out in her small community. "I kept thinking, Did I do something, did I say something, did I look a certain way to make him think that was O.K.?" It's a poisonous, useless thought, she adds, but how do you avoid it? She remembers the shirt she was wearing that day. She can still feel the heat of her harasser's hands on her body.

I kind of like the fact that Trump didn't win, but his accusers did (in part.) He wants to be on the cover so badly, he made fake covers to hang in his properties.

So here's to the women and men of #MeToo who finally broke the silence.

now libs are not only freaking out over Trump's wins, election, '''crimes'', policies, etc--you freak out over what he SUPPOSEDLY doesn't win-or picked for !
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump not picked for Rose Bowl parade marshal
Trump picks wrong Superbowl winner
Trump doesn't win the lottery
Trump doesn't win scratch-off ticket
Trump's house not picked for: best christmas lights/ best lawn care
etc

Last edited:
8000CE17-0BB5-4EB5-9BEB-E862F29787FC.jpeg

Honey, you seem a titch hysterical. Maybe try some Xanax?
seeing Trump not get person of the year makes you pee in your pants--you need some mental care

If you think you know what some total random is doing based on pixels, you need some mental care.

And yes, Willow; it is Megan and no, there are no Clinton victims. Apparently, they didn't feel like speaking their truth a few decades after the fact.

Ashley Judd? I need a barf bag!.

Soldiers, cops, firefighters, doctors or nurses. You know, the people who really contribute to society.

now libs are not only freaking out over Trump's wins, election, '''crimes'', policies, etc--you freak out over what he SUPPOSEDLY doesn't win-or picked for !

Trmp's house not picked for: best christmas lights/ best lawn care
etc
Trump was one of the semifinalists for Superbowl winner?
He WAS on Time's short list.

So - you guys decide who has a right to be heard based on color and political party?

That seems awfully weird.

I guess I should do some digging, see what y'all think of Roy Moore.
Honey, you seem a titch hysterical. Maybe try some Xanax?
seeing Trump not get person of the year makes you pee in your pants--you need some mental care

Soldiers, cops, firefighters, doctors or nurses. You know, the people who really contribute to society.

Good grief. Do you even know what the #MeToo movement is about. At all. Even a little.

Trmp's house not picked for: best christmas lights/ best lawn care
etc
Trump was one of the semifinalists for Superbowl winner?
He WAS on Time's short list.
pure silliness---

Good grief. Do you even know what the #MeToo movement is about. At all. Even a little.
I listened to the video. Did you? It’s all about hating on men. I am not into that. Put someone on the cover who does Something other than hare.

certainly not as popular in the news as Kap or Trump
at least Kap was in the news a lot more than METO
Trump BY FAR has influenced events of the year
..I haven't heard much about METO--and I read the news everyday..at least twice...many different sites...both left and right

I enjoyed the video so much, I listened to it twice. I read the entire article word-for-word. And you? Or did you get so sickened by women daring to speak out about their perpetrators that you quit reading.

They've all learned a lesson I learned decades ago. "This isn't my sick little secret to keep." And if the men didn't want to get badmouthed, then maybe they should have acted like men, and not animals.

Forum List

Back